Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Harehills Bonfire Night Riot

oryx

Sitting on the bock of the day
:eek: I used to live in Harehills!

BBC also reporting similar in Hyde and Oldham, Greater Manchester.

There was an interesting item on radio 5 on Saturday night about the problems with fireworks in Bradford. Sounds like they are being let off every night, sometimes late, and people have had enough.

It's funny how you can get done if you drop a piece of litter in the street or have a can of beer on a train, but what are effectively small bombs are freely available for sale in the shops.

Fez909

toilet expert
:eek: I used to live in Harehills!

BBC also reporting similar in Hyde and Oldham, Greater Manchester.

There was an interesting item on radio 5 on Saturday night about the problems with fireworks in Bradford. Sounds like they are being let off every night, sometimes late, and people have had enough.

It's funny how you can get done if you drop a piece of litter in the street or have a can of beer on a train, but what are effectively small bombs are freely available for sale in the shops.
Fireworks have been going off for weeks here (Manchester), every night. It's annoying as fuck, tbf.

Makes for pretty riots though. Those videos look well dramatic :cool:

SpookyFrank

Self-cleaning oven, the whole bit.
I am fully fucking sick of fireworks though. Given that I have to pay for the public display out of my council tax I don't feel I should also have to listen to the endless random explosions set off by 50,000 assorted village idiots. Luckily they're not the kind of loud noise which gets to me but there must be other neurodiverse/misphonic folk who are at their wits' end from all the racket. You can have one display on Guy Fawkes, one on New Years, maybe Eid as well and then that's your lot.