1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hard House......is it long dead?

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by butcher, Aug 18, 2009.

1. butcher

butcher boner at the ready

While listening to a top notch Tom Harding Mix in the motor today, I was wondering if Hard House still exists? Eg Honeypot tunes, Captain Tinrib, anything with hoovers and hooks......

Or did it die with the last vestiges of my youth.........

2. DJ Squelch

DJ Squelch King Of Insides

I think it died about 2003. It went a bit technoey for a while (Organ donors etc) & I thought it might do something slightly more interesting but then seemed to vere off into overly-cheeese hardtrance directions which put me right off. Music for Mixmag readers now adays I recon, it used to be quite the music of the "alternatine scene" in brighton in the late 90s early naughties but not now. To be honest I think 95% of the old stuff is crap that I'd be glad to sell on.

3. Fiended***

Fiended*** Well-Known Member

lock-n-load bloy ya mind. Classic!

mrs quoad likes this.
  4. Blagsta

Blagsta Minimum cage, maximum cage

creatively it died in 1997 or thereabouts

5. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet Administrator

I've found that my iTunes has been polluted by a shitload of hard house compilations and mixes, every one of them bollocks :mad: I should know better than to blindly import things from people at work.

6. killer b

killer b Ennui Rollins

true. although personally i date it to july 2nd 1998.

i swapped most of my hardhouse for a big stack of psychic tv & throbbing gristle stuff about 5 years ago. best thing for it imo...

7. purplex

purplex New Member

no its not dead, it was an umbrella term for quite a wide range of musical styles anyway, nights still go on, tidy tunes weekenders still happen, banging tunes was a pretty good online forum for the scene.

8. DJ Squelch

DJ Squelch King Of Insides

I just noticed that Banging Tunes seem to have stopped selling music & is now just a forum. I remember when they started as a shop in Brighton where the Komedia now is.

9. sam/phallocrat

sam/phallocrat Denarian + 1 R.I.P.

10. Spandex

Spandex Well-Known Member

Is that when tony De Vit died? Fucking hell - 11 years ago :eek:

11. mrs quoad

mrs quoad usage breakfast sausage breakfast sa

:cool: