Hamlet v Welling United - FA Trophy Replay - WEDNESDAY 28th November

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Pink Panther, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Just in case anyone is still confused by the conflicting information from last weekend (or didn't notice we drew!) we have a home Trophy replay this WEDNESDAY at TOOTING's ground.

Winners to play away to Chippenham Town or Wingate & Finchley in the following round on Saturday 15th December.

Jimbob73 likes this.
  2. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

It's Dulwich on a Saturday afternoon and Dulwich on a WEDNESDAY night, oh oh oh...

3. BrandNewGuy

BrandNewGuy Well-Known Member

Wingate & Finchley won 3-2, so to north London we go. Not a bad day out there.

4. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

Obviously dependent on us turning up.

EDC, the 12th man and Pink Panther like this.
  5. mick mccartney

mick mccartney Well-Known Member

prices tonight , please ? can't find them anywhere ......

6. the 12th man

the 12th man Well-Known Member

£12 adults
    £5 concessions
    U13s free with paying adult

7. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Oof!

8. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Why on earth would they be any different? It's a serious First Team competition...

Matt The Cab and Pink Panther like this.
  9. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Serious or not, £12 may be too pricey for some, especially after they've had to fork out extra to get over to Tooting.

10. Pink Panther

That's the case for all our matches at Tooting. We're playing a club from our own level in a national competition. Competition rules are that gate receipts have to be split so we wouldn't be allowed to drop our prices anyway unless Welling agreed to it ,and why would they. Apparently there's £5k prize money for the winners tonight so let's hope it's us.

It'll probably be our lowest home attendance of the season, but I suspect dropping the prices would have resulted in lower gate receipts even if a few more had attended.

pettyboy, Dulwich Mishi, YTC and 3 others like this.
  11. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

As PP says every game at Tooting could have that argument chucked at it. Unfortunately as also has been mentioned we would also need for Welling to be in agreement. That's not to say they wouldn't if asked.

Honestly don't believe that lowering the standard price would bring in more fans.

Dulwich Mishi and Cyclodunc like this.
  12. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Easy solution. Don’t go.

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  13. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Ah. The Thatcherite solution! Nice one.

EDC likes this.
  14. Pink Panther

There's a balance to be struck between making matches affordable/inclusive, or just giving it away. I think the FA Trophy has diminished in value in recent years, 20 years ago this would have been quite a big match and would have pulled the same crowd as if we'd played the same team in a Saturday league match. (St Albans had 174 last night for a replay at their actual proper home ground close to the city centre. The Wingate v Chippenham replay pulled 90.)

Whatever the attendance tonight I'd be surprised if charging adults a fiver resulted in much more than a 20% increase. Personally I'm not going because I've got a lot on my plate with a house move right now. If we lose I won't regret it, if we win there's the next round in a couple of Saturdays. Last midweek match I didn't get home until gone 11pm; with extra time and penalties that could be closer to midnight this evening. As I get older I have less enthusiasm for midweek games, especially away, which is what this effectively is. Playing at Tooting is a bugger, especially in midweek, but thankfully that arrangement is almost at an end.

Dulwich Mishi and the 12th man like this.
  15. Pink Panther

Same XI and bench as Saturday. Didn't expect that.

16. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I was only repeating what a friend said to me when I suggested they joined me tonight.

Fucking Meadow cunts.

17. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

1-0 up!

18. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Make that 1-1.

19. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

It's an open game and Hamlet have made quite a few chances. A Welling player made a pathetic attempt at getting a penalty and got rightly laughed at by all .

20. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Welling have some very shouty very sweary fans.

21. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

We're a bit under the cosh at the moment.

22. Pink Panther

23. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Well deserved, that.

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  24. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Brilliant benchmark. Outplayed (and dived) by the third placed team in our division in August, we've deservedly done them over two games. Excellent.

the 12th man and editor like this.
  25. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Good result in the end, though with their players falling over all the time even my crash helmet got in on the act in the second half!! :D

StephenMac, the 12th man and editor like this.
  26. RabbleLevi

RabbleLevi Active Member

What a game. Man of the match has to go to Sanchez Ming. On his 200th app for the club produced a master class performance. Was a constant threat all night. Ran in behind the defence a few times in the first half and delivered some crosses that caused absolute havoc in the Welling box. He Prevented the Welling wingers from having much influence on his side of the pitch for 90 minutes.

His assist was magnificent, gliding past a player on the edge and hammering a low cross that Dipo could only put in the back of the net.When he went down in the late stage (dislocation?) he was reluctant to come off, his reaction showed he was playing with his heart on his sleeve. He played clutching his arm for the last 7 minutes and their were a few comical moments eg. A Welling player throwing the ball at Ming to take a throw on he was obviously in no fit state to take and the final minute of the game were Ming drove the ball to the corner and was being tugged and pulled by three welling players but managed to kil 15 seconds.

That was a tough game but another strong team defeated. Welling looked no better than when we lost to them on the opening day, the difference possibly being we have a stronger team with no injury concerns. I felt that whilst Welling were tidy in possession and could get the ball forward quickly their most dangerous spell for the first 25 minutes of the second half was influenced by the referee awarding any foul for a player falling over.

Gullwich, Pink Panther, Nivag and 5 others like this.
  27. crocustim

crocustim Well-Known Member

Welling looked a horrible team to play against little fouls and diving all game through. Really broke up the flow of the game so it felt pretty attritional at times. Second the suggestion that Sanchez was MOM.

Off the pitch watching the Welling fans have a prolonged tantrum over the lack of a card for Magnus was a highlight. I had lost any sympathy for them after overhearing such erudite comments as "Caribbean takeaway? Fuck off!" at half time.

28. YTC

YTC Human Man

Welling fans may have taken the biscuit in the saltiest losers category.

FWIW, it's been £12 all season. Don't know why that's now an issue. It'll be £12 when we go back, too!

pettyboy, Harry R, Nivag and 3 others like this.
  29. baleboy_93

baleboy_93 Well-Known Member

Gavin said that with the performances of the last two games, the side have now set the standard they should be looking to play at for the rest of the season. Sanchez best player in both games, defensively excellent on Saturday and last night caused problems at the other end. Been playing consistently well all through this season.

30. chris gil

chris gil making football club owners cry since 1893

I like the 3 at the back with ming and green as wingbacks , i think we play that really well so glad that we reverted to it in the last few games , pity it didn't last the full game with Okuonghae coming off . Strong bench last night as well.

scousedom likes this.