Hamlet v Torquay United - Saturday 1 December 2018

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Pink Panther, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Hopefully our final home game at Mitcham before we return to Champion Hill. Sounds like the visitors will be bringing several hundred supporters so hopefully as many of our own supporters as possible will make it too. We had nearly 1,000 against Oxford City a couple of weeks back with relatively few away fans so hopefully closer to 1,500 this time.

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  2. YTC

YTC Human Man

We'll be selling a limited amount of tickets for both the 26th and 29th at the game tomorrow. So do make sure you make it down and grab yours!

3. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Dusting off the Stone Island in anticipation.

Cyclodunc, gnar182 and WillClunas like this.
  4. SaveDHFC

SaveDHFC Football's coming home

The real ale bar will be opening at 1pm tomorrow. We have three barrels which will be situated in the bar inside the ground. (We have half that bar tomorrow and it will close at 4pm)

sleaterkinney and scousedom like this.
  5. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

As I haven't seen any notice of segregation I take it it's a free for all? Apologies if I missed it here, website or social media.

6. Pink Panther

It looks like there are no train services to Mitcham Junction tomorrow either from Victoria or on the Thameslink line. You need to go to Croydon or Wimbledon to pick up the tram, otherwise it's Northern Line or bus. Pain in the neck. Check TFL or National Rail Enquiries websites for specific routes.

Also looks like no service between Norwood Junction and West Croydon, only East Croydon. FFS.

7. Matt The Cab

Am due to visit the quacks in Streatham tomorrow at 12.45 so will avoid all the hassle by jumping the 118 to the ground.

Small mercies....

Pink Panther likes this.
  8. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

:facepalm::facepalm:Read this on the Torquay forum.

“By the way; your crowd control for a big attendance when you played Hendon in last season's play-off final was so poor that around a thousand plus were allowed to trample all over the playing surface in order to change ends at half-time. Behave like that if you play at Champion Hill next week and your new pitch won't last five minutes!”

What wanker led people through the barrier?

:D

I hope they bring a 1000 and they can enjoy changing ends at Tooting at half time :facepalm:

Wasn’t it at full time anyway?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  9. SaveDHFC

SaveDHFC Football's coming home

No segregation, I believe there would have been if it had been played at Champion Hill

10. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

No, to be fair we did make the wives and kids take off their shoes before walking on the pitch to change ends at half time in the play-off final - while that rule obviously doesn't apply to our ordinary fans

B.I.G likes this.
  11. Pink Panther

It was at half time. But so what? It didn't cause a problem. I don't understand why modern football fans get agitated about things like that, you just deal with a situation as it arises. It's just post-Euro 96 snowflakery.

pompeydunc and editor like this.
  12. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

Is the match still on?. Been raining quite a bit.

13. Griff_Turnstile

Griff_Turnstile Agenda confused turnstile operator

Given Torquay must already have departed Devon I would guess any decision on the match will be left to the match referee . Makes sense in my book as should the game be called off Dulwich would be liable for some or all of the cost of Torquay travel. That said a lot of other games in the South East seem to be ON so fingers crossed

14. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

Torquay were training in Epsom yesterday so would have stayed overnight.

15. Griff_Turnstile

Griff_Turnstile Agenda confused turnstile operator

Zzzzz

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  16. Matt The Cab

Fucking hell Griff, that's some stutter...

You fall asleep again?

Pink Panther, Northants Dal and EDC like this.
  17. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

How are we looking at 0-0?

18. Pink Panther

I reckon we've had the better of the play, but Torquay look a bit more dangerous in front of goal. Half time 0-0.

editor likes this.
  19. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

Tomlin has to be booted, it's ridiculous. We have no goal threat.

(Well until Dipo comes on. Then we look miles more threatening.)

StephenMac and Nivag like this.
  20. cg__

cg__ Member

Couldn't make it, how many did Torquay bring?

21. pitchfork

pitchfork Well-Known Member

Be surprised if they don’t win the league, best team I’ve seen so far this season. Hate to say it but at this level you have to take your chances, Clunis! Thought ref was shit at least if you are going to be crap be consistently crap. He stopped play for their player but not ours????? All in all can’t complain about the result!

[62] likes this.
  22. ftg6

ftg6 Member

Quite a few, to be fair to them. 300-400?

Thought we were poor today, other than that 10 minute spell near the start of the second half. First half was particularly dull. Quite unlucky with having a man down for their first goal, not sure I agree with the chants of ''cheat, cheat" though.

Ah well. I'll miss the view from high up behind the goal at T&M, but that's about it. Looking forward to coming home now.

Nivag likes this.
  23. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Tomlin should have shot first time instead of passing in that opening minute or two when he was put through.
    He's does have the odd good touch but not good enough for this team in this league. His lack of pace is one of the problems.

Their keeper did make a few fine saves to keep a clean sheet.

Looking forward to see the highlights as the foul on Cook in the second half looked close to being in the box.

And shame about the pushing and shoving, but did enjoy the moments when Torquay's players were arguing between themselves.

24. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

The Tomlin pass to Clunis when clean through early on summed the problem up.

the 12th man, Nivag and Al Crane like this.
  25. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

Their keeper was quite good too.

Won't miss that place.

scousedom likes this.
  26. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

On balance TUFC more up for it and "probably" deserved the points
    Some very poor refereeing, and at least one stone wall Hamlet penalty
    The Torquay players even arguing amongst each other for giving away said penalty (only for the Ref not to give it - borderline)
    and a couple of good saves by their goalkeeper Shaun MacDonald - might have had a different outcome had he not made them (obviously)

That said Hamlet played well and the Rabble were fantastic (liking the new banners - which looked great especially from distance)

Great turnout from Torquay United (approx 500), its a long way up to London - so credit to them and for keeping their more exuberant fans from letting down their club

So good atmosphere - lots of singing and opposition fans chatting about the plights and future prospects of their various clubs

Feel sure Torquay United are just passing through and will be promoted back into to the League were they deserve to be - so all the best for the future to them

For us no more exile and a return to fortress Champion Hill

[62] likes this.
  27. EDC

Was Helen Chamberlain present ?

28. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

editor, can we issue a lifetime ban to pitchfork for this? I shouldn't have to read such filth.

29. Cat Daisy

Cat Daisy New Member

Should the ref have blown up for the injured Dulwich player right in the middle of the box before Torquay scored their first goal?
    He should have awarded a penalty to Dulwich - from high in the main stand it certainly looked inside the box!
    But if you don't take your chances and gift a second goal ...
    Anyway farewell (eventually) Imperial Fields. Good stadium but not a fortress for us that hopefully Champion Hill can become for the rest of the season.

30. EDC

Commentary thought the foul was outside the box.