Hamlet v Maidstone United, Tuesday 3 September 2019, National League South, ko 7.45pm

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Pink Panther, Sep 1, 2019.

1. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Each to their own indeed. As you know previous and current sponsors of dulwich include estate agents and energy companies.

2. editor

editor hiraethified

I was not a fan of the estate agents and managed to almost completely put them out of my mind. Bulb are pretty small fry compared to Murdoch's empire and tax evading other multi-national megacorps.

3. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Loads of fans including me don’t like being filmed, by fans or companies.

If the club or the fans want to ignore that, then that’s on them.

But Dulwich has been and never will be any different to any other non-league or league football club

4. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Same difference except scale innit.

5. editor

editor hiraethified

Er, it's the scale that makes the difference. That's why I try and shop locally.

6. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

So small scale environmental damage and small scale tax evasion ok? But larger scale not?

Local shops don’t not pay business rates and then go out of business?

Like everybody, you have morals and elastic behaviours that suit you. So please spare me justification of your own ethical choices.

Jamie Wyatt likes this.
  7. editor

editor hiraethified

Sorry, what small scale tax evasion and environmental damage is going on here? What evidence do you have?

8. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Evidence that an energy company is causing environmental damage? How is it possible to generate energy without doing so?

And tax evasion or rather tax avoidance is undertaken by every company? Its why they hire accountants.

As I said, don’t try and justify your own moral inconsistencies. You aren’t perfect so its pointless.

9. editor

editor hiraethified

If you have no actual evidence of this alleged tax evasion, I'd be careful repeating that accusation in a public forum. And as for the 'environmental damage' claim, well, they're doing their best and clearly better than many energy suppliers:
    Oh and I've never made any claim to be 'perfect' - we're all hypocrites in one way or another in this imperfect world - although I'm not sure why that point is even being brought up, unless ad hominens are all you have left.

10. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I have no idea what an ad hominem is, is it asking for evidence for non specific suggestions? I have no idea. Its what you asked of me.

And no is accusing any particular company of tax evasion, except did you suggest it was a criticism of yours against sky?

11. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

For the record only insufferable internet forum battlers waffle on about Latin terms that no one else understands.

pompeydunc likes this.
  12. editor

editor hiraethified

Here. Let me help. It's hardly an obscure term.
    "...moral inconsistencies"..."You aren’t perfect so its pointless..." etc.

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  13. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Trust me its an obscure term, but then again I suppose you are always hearing it said by the people you hang around with in and around brixton.

Cyclodunc likes this.
  14. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Well, this has escalated nicely. Evening entertainment sorted.

editor likes this.
  15. editor

editor hiraethified

And that's just plain weird.

16. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

What’s weird? That you hang around with people commonly using Latin phrases. Perhaps.

Or do you just write in Latin when you want to sound clever?

Cyclodunc likes this.
  17. editor

editor hiraethified

Most people I hang around with in Brixton struggle with basic English phrases like, "I'd like another beer please," so there's little chance of them suddenly employing Latin in any conversation.

PS 'Ad hominem' is in the English dictionary. Or it can be Googled in seconds.

18. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

As can anything

editor likes this.
  19. EDC

New banner ad down the Hamlet.

Attached Files:

20. editor

editor hiraethified

They could have at least written it in Latin, FFS.

:D

EDC likes this.
  21. EDC

Grata Domum

22. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

What language are you speaking with these people?

But I suppose if they don’t speak English there is no way at all they could handle a complicated language like Latin.

You remind me of the people at school that used a thesaurus before they submitted their essay for their school coursework.

23. EDC

Latin is close to Welsh.

24. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Dead languages :D

25. editor

editor hiraethified

The universal language of beer.
    What a strange school you went to.

26. editor

editor hiraethified

27. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Did you go to Eton with Boris Johnson?

editor likes this.
  28. editor

editor hiraethified

'Thesaurus' is also a Latin word.

:D :facepalm: :dude: :handbag:

29. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

A small point. But it isn’t. It’s yours.

30. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Thesaurus is an English word.

I’m sure where you looked it up told you that.

Its origins go back further to Greek as well, if only I could speak ancient Greek and then I could sound as clever as you did with your Latin phrase.