Hamlet v Maidstone United, Tuesday 3 September 2019, National League South, ko 7.45pm

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Pink Panther, Sep 1, 2019.

1. editor

editor hiraethified

2. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Before you know it we'll also be "making all the noise everywhere we go"!

Bugpowder Dust, Nivag and editor like this.
  3. MrFouldsy

MrFouldsy Active Member

I've written to the club about the film crew. I share lots of the concerns written elsewhere.

I'll let the club do the talking on what its policy on filming at the ground is, rather than me incorrectly say something. I think it would be helpful all round for the club to do some proactive communication on this and explain to the fans what the filming is all about. On here, at the club and via the Trust.

I also hope that we will see some consultation with fans (particularly via the Trust) on what that policy will be going forward.

editor likes this.
  4. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

Agreed. I don't like them being there and I don't like the prospect of being on Netflix or Amazon tbh. Other people will feel differently I'm sure but for me it's eroding what attracted me to coming to watch the Hamlet originally to have that going on.

5. tonysingh

tonysingh Random Clever and Witty Strapline

Personally speaking, I don't like the idea of our supporters being used like some form of performing monkeys but each to their own like.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    EDC, editor and Monkeygrinder's Organ like this.
  6. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

Do we automatically give our consent to be filmed when we go to the ground now?.

And yeah, it is bad to commercially exploit the fans like this. Do the club have any say in the finished article?.

editor likes this.
  7. crocustim

crocustim Well-Known Member

Maybe they could film some talking head segments to capture the forum spats and make it a Real Housewives style trashy reality TV program. That would be far more innovative than trotting out another fly on the wall sports team doc. I’m a genius. :cool:

8. Bugpowder Dust

Bugpowder Dust Well-Known Member

Did the ref apply the new rules correctly when he got in the way of one of our attacks?

He stopped the game and gave an uncontested drop ball to Maidstone.

Seems a bit unfair on the attacking team

9. keith1

keith1 Active Member

I though he got that one right - it was a clearance from a Maidstone player that struck him and deflected to one of our players. As the rebound from the ref resulted in possession being overturned and led to an attacking opportunity,the correct interpretation now is to return the ball to the team who last played it before it struck him.

Pink Panther and Bugpowder Dust like this.
  10. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

There was another crew there making a film about community stuff I believe

11. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

So maybe the chip scene won’t be on netflix. I just hope it’s a film about the glories of vinegar

takkforalt and PartisanDulwich like this.
  12. editor

editor hiraethified

Maybe we had a film crew making a film about the other film crew, with another film crew coming next week to film the film crew filming the film crew?

Beyond meta!

13. editor

editor hiraethified

NON LEAGUE CHIPS: THE INSIDE STORY. THE GLORY OF VINEGAR. THE MYSTERY OF THE MISSING MAYO DISPENSER. THE TRAGEDY OF A DROPPED SAUSAGE. ALL IN GLORIOUS TECHNICOLOUR, SET TO A BACKDROP OF WHITE KNUCKLE FOOTBALL ACTION.
    "I used to think Dulwich Hamlet was all about jangling keys and craft ale, but the real drama doesn't happen in the goalmouth. It happens around the chip bar..."

EDC likes this.
  14. tonysingh

I might be wrong but I'm detecting high levels of sarcasm there.....

editor likes this.
  15. chris gil

chris gil making football club owners cry since 1893

Got to say , the 6 th photo down in Eds report , the crowd pic , the left of it looks like a cold war steve pic , i would also say it captures perfectly how the game totally failed to keep the fans attentive to what was going on , or not on the pitch.

It only looks like Dave , the grey haired fella and the bloke in front of him are seeing anything interesting but then it looks like they are looking in the direction of the chip van .

16. editor

editor hiraethified

[​IMG]

Here's the pic for further analysis. :D

Ronco likes this.
  17. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

I have a simple solution to the camera business. The Trust shop sells “Netflix are cunts” caps and tees. Anyone not wanting to be filmed dons one as desired.

18. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Some real monsters in that photo.

19. 3010

3010 Well-Known Member

Where’s Cilla?

20. Pink Panther

It looks like a collage of random people have been photoshopped into a crowd scene. How many of them were actually there?

21. tonysingh

3 and a half.

Pink Panther and crocustim like this.
  22. editor

editor hiraethified

The more I look at it, the more it looks like a Photoshop job. Maybe it was just one big Netflix-sponsored cardboard cut-out behind me?

23. editor

editor hiraethified

I've heard that in response to all the film crews making Champion Hill their home, games will now kick off with a shout of "Aaaaaand... ACTION" accompanied by the clatter of a clapperboard instead of the traditional whistle.

Full makeup teams will now occupy the subs bench and the full time whistle will also be replaced with a loud, "AND THAT'S A WRAP!" coming through the Tannoy.

24. editor

editor hiraethified

The same scene, moments earlier

Untitled-2.jpg

25. tonysingh

Pink Panther and editor like this.
  26. Pink Panther

I'm surprised Michael Fabricant isn't there too .

27. editor

editor hiraethified

They wouldn't let him in.

Untitled-2.jpg

28. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

And also “Content creator” caps for people with the opposite view.

scousedom and editor like this.
  29. chris gil

chris gil making football club owners cry since 1893

This photo is getting better and better , the 3 blokes in the middle re enacting the iconic Kraftwerk album cover , perhaps we were singing our adaptation of " The Model" which is on that record

[​IMG]

supersafari and editor like this.
  30. editor

editor hiraethified

Oh Kraftwerk popped along just after. They couldn't get in either because Wolfgang had blown the band's money on a new synthesizer.

They couldn't take their eyes off the film crew filming the film crew filming the chip van. Said they've got a new idea for a new concept album: The Trans-Europe Non League Chip Van, with key jangling percussion.

Untitled-2.jpg

Ronco likes this.