Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamlet v Maidstone United, Tuesday 3 September 2019, National League South, ko 7.45pm

MrFouldsy

I've written to the club about the film crew. I share lots of the concerns written elsewhere.

I'll let the club do the talking on what its policy on filming at the ground is, rather than me incorrectly say something. I think it would be helpful all round for the club to do some proactive communication on this and explain to the fans what the filming is all about. On here, at the club and via the Trust.

I also hope that we will see some consultation with fans (particularly via the Trust) on what that policy will be going forward.

sleaterkinney

Do we automatically give our consent to be filmed when we go to the ground now?.

And yeah, it is bad to commercially exploit the fans like this. Do the club have any say in the finished article?.

Bugpowder Dust

Did the ref apply the new rules correctly when he got in the way of one of our attacks?

He stopped the game and gave an uncontested drop ball to Maidstone.

Seems a bit unfair on the attacking team

keith1

Did the ref apply the new rules correctly when he got in the way of one of our attacks?

He stopped the game and gave an uncontested drop ball to Maidstone.

Seems a bit unfair on the attacking team
I though he got that one right - it was a clearance from a Maidstone player that struck him and deflected to one of our players. As the rebound from the ref resulted in possession being overturned and led to an attacking opportunity,the correct interpretation now is to return the ball to the team who last played it before it struck him.

editor

hiraethified
There was another crew there making a film about community stuff I believe
Maybe we had a film crew making a film about the other film crew, with another film crew coming next week to film the film crew filming the film crew?

Beyond meta!

editor

hiraethified
So maybe the chip scene won’t be on netflix. I just hope it’s a film about the glories of vinegar
NON LEAGUE CHIPS: THE INSIDE STORY. THE GLORY OF VINEGAR. THE MYSTERY OF THE MISSING MAYO DISPENSER. THE TRAGEDY OF A DROPPED SAUSAGE. ALL IN GLORIOUS TECHNICOLOUR, SET TO A BACKDROP OF WHITE KNUCKLE FOOTBALL ACTION.
"I used to think Dulwich Hamlet was all about jangling keys and craft ale, but the real drama doesn't happen in the goalmouth. It happens around the chip bar..."

Reactions: EDC

tonysingh

Random Clever and Witty Strapline
Maybe we had a film crew making a film about the other film crew, with another film crew coming next week to film the film crew filming the film crew?

Beyond meta!
NON LEAGUE CHIPS: THE INSIDE STORY. THE GLORY OF VINEGAR. THE MYSTERY OF THE MISSING MAYO DISPENSER. THE TRAGEDY OF A DROPPED SAUSAGE. ALL IN GLORIOUS TECHNICOLOUR, SET TO A BACKDROP OF WHITE KNUCKLE FOOTBALL ACTION.
"I used to think Dulwich Hamlet was all about jangling keys and craft ale, but the real drama doesn't happen in the goalmouth. It happens around the chip bar..."

I might be wrong but I'm detecting high levels of sarcasm there.....

chris gil

making football club owners cry since 1893
Got to say , the 6 th photo down in Eds report , the crowd pic , the left of it looks like a cold war steve pic , i would also say it captures perfectly how the game totally failed to keep the fans attentive to what was going on , or not on the pitch.

It only looks like Dave , the grey haired fella and the bloke in front of him are seeing anything interesting but then it looks like they are looking in the direction of the chip van .

editor

hiraethified
Got to say , the 6 th photo down in Eds report , the crowd pic , the left of it looks like a cold war steve pic , i would also say it captures perfectly how the game totally failed to keep the fans attentive to what was going on , or not on the pitch.

It only looks like Dave , the grey haired fella and the bloke in front of him are seeing anything interesting but then it looks like they are looking in the direction of the chip van .

Here's the pic for further analysis. :D

scousedom

I have a simple solution to the camera business. The Trust shop sells “Netflix are cunts” caps and tees. Anyone not wanting to be filmed dons one as desired.

EDC

A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Some real monsters in that photo.

editor

hiraethified
I've heard that in response to all the film crews making Champion Hill their home, games will now kick off with a shout of "Aaaaaand... ACTION" accompanied by the clatter of a clapperboard instead of the traditional whistle.

Full makeup teams will now occupy the subs bench and the full time whistle will also be replaced with a loud, "AND THAT'S A WRAP!" coming through the Tannoy.

chris gil

making football club owners cry since 1893
This photo is getting better and better , the 3 blokes in the middle re enacting the iconic Kraftwerk album cover , perhaps we were singing our adaptation of " The Model" which is on that record

editor

hiraethified
This photo is getting better and better , the 3 blokes in the middle re enacting the iconic Kraftwerk album cover , perhaps we were singing our adaptation of " The Model" which is on that record

Oh Kraftwerk popped along just after. They couldn't get in either because Wolfgang had blown the band's money on a new synthesizer.

They couldn't take their eyes off the film crew filming the film crew filming the chip van. Said they've got a new idea for a new concept album: The Trans-Europe Non League Chip Van, with key jangling percussion.

Untitled-2.jpg