Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamlet v Maidstone United, Tuesday 3 September 2019, National League South, ko 7.45pm

Pink Panther

The games are still coming thick and fast as the Hamlet are forced to cope with ongoing injury and illness issues. Next up is the visit of the biggest club in the division and one of the promotion favourites following their recent relegation from the National Division after three seasons at that level. I wonder whether Gavin will pull off any of the loans mentioned towards the end of this article?

Dulwich Hamlet boss Rose on return of Coventry attacker Reise Allassani - and reveals he has been offered quality Premier League loans

Son of Roy

Tory Scumbag Apparently!
Reaction: Still's frank assessment

John Still accused Maidstone of being "completely and totally unprofessional" in their defeat at Wealdstone.

United suffered their first loss in six games at the National League South leaders, going down 2-1 at Grosvenor Vale.

Head of football Still said his side’s application was non-existent, adding it felt as though they had screwed up their instructions and thrown them in the bin.

Sparkle Motion

Yeah. When the players keep it simple and do as they're told, Maidstone are deadly, with balls whipped in from the wings and shots from the edge of the area. But when they decide to ignore instructions...

Just looked up who said football is a simple game and sadly it was Lineker.

editor

hiraethified
Maidstone look very solid to me. If we get three points from this it'll be totes amazeballs etc.

One of the mystery cameras was filming the chip bar action at half time. Does anyone know what the resident film crew are doing here yet?

Reactions: EDC

editor

hiraethified
I like the rowdiness of Maidstone's fans but could happily live without ever hearing that 'boys making the noise' song again.

editor

hiraethified
Have to say I would have guessed the crowd as being bigger than 1,415 but it's still a great turnout for an August evening.

Not exactly sexy football.

cg__

Absolute tripe. Maidstone were very solid at the back but we looked woeful. We are so much shitter than the opening few games, I dont know what has happened to this side.

Food situation was also a bit tragic tonight as well I thought, not well equipped for a large hungry midweek crowd

Nivag

That wasn't pleasant to watch. Maidstone did well to keep our strikers and midfield under their thumb so the defence just kept punting balls forward.
Maidstone made some good forward runs and got to the by-line far too often to get the cross in or take a shot.
If we had won this game I would have been surprised!

crocustim

Ashley Maynard-Brewer made some amazing saves. I feel sorry for him that they did not count for more in the end.

scousedom

If I had a striker who was really tall and boss in the air, and another striker who was dead quick and loved feeding off second balls, I would definitely play them a minimum of forty yards apart at all times just for the fucking craic.
And then I’d send the dead quick lad off on loan and get a replica of him, but better, like twice as better, and do the same thing.

EDC

A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days
Maidstone look very solid to me. If we get three points from this it'll be totes amazeballs etc.

One of the mystery cameras was filming the chip bar action at half time. Does anyone know what the resident film crew are doing here yet?
I heard it’s for an ego trip film on Netflix.

Moroccan Sunset

If I had a striker who was really tall and boss in the air, and another striker who was dead quick and loved feeding off second balls, I would definitely play them a minimum of forty yards apart at all times just for the fucking craic.
And then I’d send the dead quick lad off on loan and get a replica of him, but better, like twice as better, and do the same thing.
You're a visionary, scousedom. Have you considered penning a football memoir?

The Balance

When your right back was your best attacking player it’s not been a great night.
Though their no 4 (Clovis Kamdjo) was excellent, in comparison I though Ijaha had his poorest outing in a Dulwich shirt, he lost far too many 50/50 tackles and got muscled out of it at times.
He was still better than Vose though, despite Vose actually having one of his better games. Not sure how he’s getting so many minutes.

PartisanDulwich

Huge crowd
await entertainment
but none arrived
long ball - so not Gavin Rose football
Reise trolled and niggled all night
breakaway goal
the End

pinknblue

That was very poor!
Maidstone were a yard faster than us to every ball, won almost every second ball, passed the ball better and really should have won by 2 or 3. We created a measly 2 chances all night and Danny should really have scored both of them; the first in particular was a bad miss. What was the point of Dom Vose tonight? He wandered round lethargically losing the ball at will. Please start Chapman!!!! We look so industrial we could almost be a coal mine! Let's have a bit of craft amidst all the industry and for goodness sake keep the ball on deck a bit more! If we do hoof the ball up to Danny get a couple of players around him so they have chance of picking up the knock-downs/flick-ons.

scousedom

The Moon was the best bit of the night for me.

View attachment 183137
The moon was great. I spent at least five minutes of the second half wondering if a big cresenty one now guarantees a big round one in 14 days time. I reached no conclusions but I’m excited for the future.
The other 40 minutes I spent wondering if Reise and Mills has ever got close enough together to be formally introduced.

Last edited:

Moroccan Sunset

The moon was great. I spent at least five minutes of the second half wondering if a big cresenty one now guarantees a big round one in 14 days time. I reached no conclusions but I’m excited for the future.
The other 40 minutes I spent wondering if Reise and Mills has ever got close enough together to be formally introduced.
There was definitely a point in the second half where that moon offered more of a goal-scoring threat than we did.