Hamlet v Maidstone United, Tuesday 3 September 2019, National League South, ko 7.45pm

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Pink Panther, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

The games are still coming thick and fast as the Hamlet are forced to cope with ongoing injury and illness issues. Next up is the visit of the biggest club in the division and one of the promotion favourites following their recent relegation from the National Division after three seasons at that level. I wonder whether Gavin will pull off any of the loans mentioned towards the end of this article?

Dulwich Hamlet boss Rose on return of Coventry attacker Reise Allassani - and reveals he has been offered quality Premier League loans

Moroccan Sunset, scousedom and editor like this.
  2. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

Big test tonight, up the Hamlet!

editor likes this.
  3. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Really?

Reaction: Still's frank assessment

John Still accused Maidstone of being "completely and totally unprofessional" in their defeat at Wealdstone.

United suffered their first loss in six games at the National League South leaders, going down 2-1 at Grosvenor Vale.

Head of football Still said his side’s application was non-existent, adding it felt as though they had screwed up their instructions and thrown them in the bin.

4. Sparkle Motion

Sparkle Motion Active Member

Yeah. When the players keep it simple and do as they're told, Maidstone are deadly, with balls whipped in from the wings and shots from the edge of the area. But when they decide to ignore instructions...

Just looked up who said football is a simple game and sadly it was Lineker.

5. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

Better than Saturday, but we haven't had a shot on target.

6. editor

editor hiraethified

Maidstone look very solid to me. If we get three points from this it'll be totes amazeballs etc.

One of the mystery cameras was filming the chip bar action at half time. Does anyone know what the resident film crew are doing here yet?

EDC likes this.
  7. editor

editor hiraethified

15675401258131682604610191623413.jpg

Here's one.

8. editor

editor hiraethified

I like the rowdiness of Maidstone's fans but could happily live without ever hearing that 'boys making the noise' song again.

GregDHFC likes this.
  9. editor

editor hiraethified

Have to say I would have guessed the crowd as being bigger than 1,415 but it's still a great turnout for an August evening.

Not exactly sexy football.

Pink Panther likes this.
  10. editor

editor hiraethified

11. Moroccan Sunset

Not a single shot on target. Wasn't worth turning up tonight. Abysmal.

editor and cg__ like this.
  12. cg__

cg__ Active Member

Absolute tripe. Maidstone were very solid at the back but we looked woeful. We are so much shitter than the opening few games, I dont know what has happened to this side.

Food situation was also a bit tragic tonight as well I thought, not well equipped for a large hungry midweek crowd

editor likes this.
  13. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Least of my worries.

Edit: They weren’t wrong though.

Dulwich Mishi and pettyboy like this.
  14. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

That wasn't pleasant to watch. Maidstone did well to keep our strikers and midfield under their thumb so the defence just kept punting balls forward.
    Maidstone made some good forward runs and got to the by-line far too often to get the cross in or take a shot.
    If we had won this game I would have been surprised!

15. crocustim

crocustim Well-Known Member

Ashley Maynard-Brewer made some amazing saves. I feel sorry for him that they did not count for more in the end.

Nivag likes this.
  16. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

Not worth turning up? Elokobi put in the greatest clearance I've ever seen. Absolutely cunted it. Worth my ST price alone.

17. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

If I had a striker who was really tall and boss in the air, and another striker who was dead quick and loved feeding off second balls, I would definitely play them a minimum of forty yards apart at all times just for the fucking craic.
    And then I’d send the dead quick lad off on loan and get a replica of him, but better, like twice as better, and do the same thing.

18. pitchfork

pitchfork Well-Known Member

Really poor that. I don’t know if I can continue watching performances like that it’s not a good use of time.

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  19. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

I heard it’s for an ego trip film on Netflix.

editor and Nivag like this.
  20. Moroccan Sunset

You're a visionary, scousedom. Have you considered penning a football memoir?

scousedom likes this.
  21. Moroccan Sunset

Other than that, of course. I think it landed just north of Croydon. Haven't seen a clearence that beautiful since the 90s.

scousedom and bkbk like this.
  22. scousedom

Nah. No money in it since Michael Owen started having a go.

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  23. The Balance

The Balance New Member

When your right back was your best attacking player it’s not been a great night.
    Though their no 4 (Clovis Kamdjo) was excellent, in comparison I though Ijaha had his poorest outing in a Dulwich shirt, he lost far too many 50/50 tackles and got muscled out of it at times.
    He was still better than Vose though, despite Vose actually having one of his better games. Not sure how he’s getting so many minutes.

editor and Nivag like this.
  24. Moroccan Sunset

Indecent set of photoshopped images of Gavin, I think.

Nivag likes this.
  25. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Huge crowd
    await entertainment
    but none arrived
    long ball - so not Gavin Rose football
    Reise trolled and niggled all night
    breakaway goal
    the End

editor likes this.
  26. pinknblue

pinknblue Active Member

That was very poor!
    Maidstone were a yard faster than us to every ball, won almost every second ball, passed the ball better and really should have won by 2 or 3. We created a measly 2 chances all night and Danny should really have scored both of them; the first in particular was a bad miss. What was the point of Dom Vose tonight? He wandered round lethargically losing the ball at will. Please start Chapman!!!! We look so industrial we could almost be a coal mine! Let's have a bit of craft amidst all the industry and for goodness sake keep the ball on deck a bit more! If we do hoof the ball up to Danny get a couple of players around him so they have chance of picking up the knock-downs/flick-ons.

editor likes this.
  27. editor

editor hiraethified

Filming people buying chips at half time. WTF is going on?

2019-09-04_010043.jpg

28. editor

editor hiraethified

The Moon was the best bit of the night for me.

2019-09-04_010253.jpg

scousedom likes this.
  29. scousedom

The moon was great. I spent at least five minutes of the second half wondering if a big cresenty one now guarantees a big round one in 14 days time. I reached no conclusions but I’m excited for the future.
    The other 40 minutes I spent wondering if Reise and Mills has ever got close enough together to be formally introduced.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  30. Moroccan Sunset

There was definitely a point in the second half where that moon offered more of a goal-scoring threat than we did.

editor and scousedom like this.