Hamlet v Hungerford 14 Sept

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Bugpowder Dust, Sep 14, 2019.

1. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

I love you but that's a dive.

pompeydunc and pettyboy like this.
  2. pettyboy

pettyboy Well-Known Member

Millennial football fan, reared on Robert Pires, in "diving is actually good" shocker.

pompeydunc and StephenMac like this.
  3. StephenMac

I've chosen to read that as Robert Pires hand-reared you like an abandoned baby wombat.

the 12th man and pettyboy like this.
  4. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

It's a dive AND a penalty. He has just majorly reduced the chance of it being given by adding the swan dive element. Sorry to mention swans in your presence...I know you are sensitive about them.

I like this article about that Pries dive - Despicable divers sink to new depths. I was at that game, and it was right in front of me in the away end. Don't think I took it too well. On the plus side, I met Sergeant Bob Cryer before in the pub before the game.

editor likes this.
  5. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I can see why the referee doesn't give the penalty. That ankles together bunny-hop looks like a dive. Don't break your stride and their bloke takes the leg (it's not a "bad" challenge that's likely to cause an injury) and it's a penalty. (Unless you're Nyren Clunis, then he takes your leg, you stumble, regain your balance, ,lose the ball, and it's still not a penalty!)

I hate the way penalty decisions are a game of chess these days. It used to seem much more obvious.

pompeydunc likes this.
  6. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

"Majorly"?? Does that Trump "bigly"?

7. StephenMac

Fuck swans!

8. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

With your previous allegiance shouldn’t that be Fuck a Duck?

StephenMac likes this.