Hamlet v Hungerford 14 Sept

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Bugpowder Dust, Sep 14, 2019.

1. 3010

3010 Well-Known Member

Pretty harsh on Maynard-Brewer!

2. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

:) Forgot about him. No offence, just those dickheads running on the pitch at the end.

crocustim likes this.
  3. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Yeah, maybe save your booing for the Premier League.

editor and scousedom like this.
  4. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Ok to say that AM-B (yo!) kept us in the game in the first half but we might have had four or five. The second half was a bona fide shambles though. We were barely in the half of a team that will obviously struggle all season until the last few minutes. There are no excuses for the way we set up and if we have the manager pinning it all on the players and their attitudes in his post-match interview (assuming he did one) then we may as well just not bother. Absolutely lamentable horseshit.

EDC and Moroccan Sunset like this.
  5. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

Thankfully Hodgson went when he did.

6. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

I've just noticed Hungerford brought on Zidan at half time. That'll do it.

7. editor

editor hiraethified

If the Film Crew Who Must Not Be Mentioned were there today they'd have plenty of sexy footage of anguished fans' faces.

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  8. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

Christ, it's bad enough living through it: imagine settling down on your sofa to watch the last month of shite all over again.

editor likes this.
  9. editor

editor hiraethified

With sneaky slo-mo CLOSE UPS of the pain!

10. tonysingh

tonysingh Random Clever and Witty Strapline

What's the betting this film crew are actually making a horror series then?

Nivag and editor like this.
  11. crocustim

crocustim Well-Known Member

They were not

editor likes this.
  12. editor

editor hiraethified

Maybe, after all the talk here, they've gone undercover with spy cameras concealed in their hats and scarves? Or maybe they've set up camp some distance away and are using super zooms to capture the sun glistening off the tears of the fans?

:hmm: :D

13. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

“Have you seen Sunderland til I Die?”

takkforalt likes this.
  14. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Really?

Dulwich were so 'dreedfool', as Alan Hanson would say, it seems to have caused many of us to overlook the performance of the referee. The referee was shocking. I'd like see the video footage of the yellow card for simulation which looked like a penalty to me. He thought he'd even things up by giving us a corner at the end that wasn't.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  15. cg__

cg__ Active Member

Maybe they're filming for a prank show where they replace 75% of the squad with lookalikes off the street, and see how long it takes the fans to notice.

16. RabbleLevi

RabbleLevi Well-Known Member

Ref was awful, what’s new? First half we had the same amount of chances as Hungerford, we took ours and went in 2-0 up. AMB was heroic, we absorbed the early pressure and we could have easily have gone in at half time 3/4 to the good.

The ref denied us a penalty...I was right by it. Their player slid in, Monakana pushed the ball to the side and took the hit, you could here the contact, there was no where he could go. Ref may have thought Jeffrey was trying to buy the pen but it was careless from their defender nonetheless, anywhere else on the pitch and it’s a yellow card for the defender.

The ref was shit...but in this instance not the reason we lost.

One positive, Hunte looked excellent in the number 10 role. It’s a position we have few options in but Hunte looked comfortable, tricky and caused problems for Hungerford.

editor and Pink Panther like this.
  17. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Really! I thought last season’s lot were generally an under achieving lot. Wasn’t surprised in the slightest when quite a few were swept out of the door. What was it... four down at half time in three games?

Pink Panther likes this.
  18. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

And I recall they got new people involved in their club as a result...

19. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I stayed at the Greendale End for the first half so I was 100 yards away from the penalty incident, but it looked about as obvious a penalty as you could get. Monakana initially had lots of time and space to advance and pick a pass into the middle but took a heavy touch that allowed the defender to think he could win the ball, however our man still got there first and the defender had fully committed himself and just took him out as far as I could see. Whether or not he "bought" or "drew" the foul is irrelevant, the defender wasn't in control of his challenge for me and missed the ball. I was flabbergasted by the referee's interpretation so I shall certainly be interested to watch the highlights video, but given the magnitude of our team's failings we can hardly blame the referee's perceived shortcomings for the result.

I thought Hunte looked good in the first half and is the best fit for that number 10 role supporting Mills, although not surprisingly I felt he flagged a bit during the second half in his first start for almost 5 months, so wasn't surprised he was withdrawn.

The performance reminded me of last season's home game with Truro, except on that occasion we fortuitously escaped with all the points thanks to a late winner against nine men.

GregDHFC and editor like this.
  20. Taper

Taper Mark McGann

Risible performance. And so predictable. What happened to the obdurate defence we saw against Wealdstone.

21. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

You wanna try watching Arsenal as your other team

Pink Panther and Moroccan Sunset like this.
  22. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

I haven't watched it yet, but the "highlights" are up.

23. pettyboy

pettyboy Well-Known Member

Worth re-watching for some of AMB's saves and getting a second look at the Monakana "dive".

There doesn't appear to be any contact but that's not really the point. He jumps up to avoid his legs getting clattered, the defender was getting nowhere near the ball. Definite penalty!

Nivag likes this.
  24. 3010

3010 Well-Known Member

What are you on about? It was a terrible dive and the correct decision from the ref. If Monakana wants a penalty, he should take the hit - the defender wasn’t exactly steaming in to clatter him!

pompeydunc likes this.
  25. cg__

cg__ Active Member

The Monakana pen thing looked theatrical in real life but I thought the highlights might show clear contact that my obstructed view might have missed. Looks like a dive to me sorry Jeff. If Hungerford had won a pen from an incident like that I wouldn't be happy. Even the 2nd half challenge on Monakana when he is bearing down on goal doesn't look as clear cut as I thought at the time.

The defending for that 2nd Hungerford goal is astonishingly bad. Having watched the highlights, it's actually worse than I remember. Meadow could have built 30 flats in the amount of space their fullback had

26. 3010

3010 Well-Known Member

Specsavers do hearing tests as well don’t they? ;)

27. editor

editor hiraethified

28. editor

editor hiraethified

Luxury ones, at that.

29. pettyboy

pettyboy Well-Known Member

If he doesn't jump, his legs get taken out. We all know Monakana has struggled with injuries so far this season. Why risk it?

30. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

No interviews in the highlights package. Wise?

The highlights don't make it appear as bad as those who were there say. Many chances in the first half, and the second half seems to be the mirror opposite, which I guess is where the ire lies! Shocking defending for the second goal - how was Tomlinson given so much space?

I can see why the ref has called Monakana for diving, as he has added that classic arched back exaggeration, which was unnecessary and is not going to help the case. The Hungerford player has not gone in high or dangerous, but does it appear to clip his right leg just after he has cut the ball back in, so there is no reason for him to be taking evasive action. He has clearly propelled himself into the exaggerated dive, which is completely unnecessary. Dive doesn't trump pen though, so should still have been a pen. Lodge used to get loads of pens for us, but he didn't do the theatrics part, and just collapsed instead. Seemed to work much better...

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    Pink Panther and editor like this.