1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hamlet v Harrow Borough London Senior Cup TONIGHT - Tuesday 20 February

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Pink Panther, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

As this match is now tonight and there's another thread with a potentially misleading title suggesting it's postponed, I thought it a good idea to emphasise that we ARE playing this match tonight. (Assuming Meadow haven't pulled another of their dirty tricks.)
    editor likes this.
  2. Al Crane

Al Crane Well-Known Member

Food update:
    Spoke to the Frying Squad (Fish and Chip van) on Saturday. He expected to be at tonight's game and was considering bringing a different van so he could cook burgers too as our burger man seems to have disappeared (again).
    crocustim, Scolly, Lucy Fur and 2 others like this.
  3. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Anyone that travels via East Dulwich Grove will need to go round the houses as it's closed from the lights at Townley Road to Melbourne Grove junction.
    37 & 42 buses on diversions.
  4. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

Any news?
  5. crocustim

crocustim Well-Known Member

Lucy Fur likes this.
  6. Pink Panther

Entertaining match, a welcome return to goalscoring form with some well taken efforts from Allassani, Carew and Beaney, plus a Carew penalty. Wasted some good 00chances too and got a bit slack at the end after going 4-0 up. Poor attendance, lowest I can recall for 2 or 3 years.
    Lucy Fur likes this.
  7. mrs quoad

mrs quoad Elephants think I’m cute #brap

8. mrs quoad

mrs quoad Elephants think I’m cute #brap

9. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I fear that if the game had gone on Harrow would have gone up 5-4 despite Hamlet's dominance. But it was an entertaining enough game in front of a very intimate crowd and it was great to see hamlet bagging goals again. I suspect a lot of people didn't know the match was on.
  10. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

11. Taper

Taper Well-Known Member

My dog found that doll at the Greendale end during the Met Police game and gave it a good mauling.
  12. Taper

Taper Well-Known Member

Oh, and plastic bags in trees are known as Witch's Knickers.
    Lucy Fur, EDC, editor and 1 other person like this.
  13. Pink Panther

Official attendance was 221, marginally higher than the 206 for the 2nd round tie with Barkingside in the same competition last season .

Team (3-4-1-2): Edwards - Ming Weatherstone Chambers - Clunis Carew Beaney(c) Abrahams - Faal - Ferguson Allassani . Subs: Taylor (for Faal) Green (for Abrahams) Boakye-Yiadom (for Carew) Hayles Onovwigun (not used)
    editor likes this.
  14. chris gil

chris gil making football club owners cry since 1893

i thought Faal had a good game , deserved a goal and deserved 90 minutes . cracking strike from beaney and it was proper taters :mad:
    clog and Pink Panther like this.
  15. Pink Panther

I think he may have been on a final warning for a second yellow card. I thought the one he got was harsh, as was that shown to one of their players for fouling Faal . I thought the referee looked inexperienced and rather erratic at times, although the game was played in a good spirit.
    chris gil likes this.
  16. Bugpowder Dust

Bugpowder Dust Well-Known Member

Best thing about the performance for me was the positive attitude straight from kick-off, seemed different to previous games.

Did think at the time taking off Faal for Quade Taylor was unnecessarily defensive, so thanks to PP for the explanation.

Something to build on at W&F tomorrow, unless the off-field news gets in the way...
  17. Pink Panther

No great pressure and Harrow seemed more keen to attack than most of our league visitors. Fantastic turn and finish from Reiss for the first goal.