Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamlet v Chelmsford City, National League South, Saturday 1 February 2020, 3pm

Laurie hill

Chippenham had a bounce off it
We need to win this to avoid season turning into a dogfight as we’ll get nothing at Havant!

Laurie hill

That game summed dulwich up - sublime to the ridiculous!
It was a good result and a great battling performance to come back a few times and win it!
We basically don’t seem capable of holding a lead for more than 5 mins! Grainger has been great recently but not the best time for what looked like a bit of a howler!
But who cares football at its best that!

agree chapman was good, monlouis did well too and hat trick for mills!
Can’t wait for welling at home!

B.I.G

That game summed dulwich up - sublime to the ridiculous!
It was a good result and a great battling performance to come back a few times and win it!
don’t seem capable of holding a lead for more than 5 mins! Grainger has been great recently but not the best time for what looked like a bit of a howler!
But who cares football at its best that!
agree chapman was good, monlouis did well too and hat trick for mills!
Can’t wait for welling at home!
Grainger’s save though. Sexual!

Latahs

The whole game was summed up by an incident in the second half for me. I was watching at the car wash end, a ball had come over awkwardly and was dropping behind Chapman just inside the 18 yard box. He span and caught the ball awkwardly on his toe and it began spinning wildly to the point that CC fans started jeering. It’s course then altered with backspin and snapped into a position which allowed him to play a perfect ball over his shoulder which dropped onto the centre spot. To the sound of a solitary person chanting ‘Sexy Football’

Pink Panther

Ridiculous, often terrible, and enjoyable.
Chaotic! When it went to 4-3 I told my friends "there's no way that's the last goal, it's going to be 5-3 or 4-4. Thankfully it was the latter, with possibly the silliest goal of a crazy game. Only their third goal was a really superb piece of attacking play, the other seven were all a bit rubbish!

Last edited:

RabbleLevi

The referee was awful. Didn’t book a single Chelmsford player for some very obvious and dangerous tackles yet got his cards out for a bit of time wasting at the end...

I was at the toilets opposite so quite some way away but can anyone confirm what I thought looked like David Ijaha, in stoppage time, being booked for taking a throw in down the line that didn’t actually cross the line into play?

Also their second, Granger was fouled, got his hands on it and comfortable but again no protection from the ref...

Man of the match for me, Monlouis. Made an immediate impact back from his loan spell, not just with the goal but a relentless energy in the middle and always looked to drive forward.