Hamburg trip Fri. 13th to Sun. 15th July:

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Dulwich Mishi, Jun 21, 2018.

1. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

As Cyclodunc alludes to above, Double Dunc will be cycling to Altona next week. We are doing an average of around 125km a day (to mark the anniversary) over four days to get from Hook of Holland to Hamburg. I will also be doing the stretch from Dulwich Hamlet to Harwich via our friendly at Walthamstow FC on Saturday.

We are just doing this for fun, but if you would like to donate something (we have been asked), then feel free to make a contribution to Football Beyond Borders campaign to build a new youth centre in the Angell Town estate in Brixton. You can do that either at the fundraising page here - FUND THE FUTURE: KICKOFF FBB'S NEW YOUTH CENTRE - or direct on their own website (thus avoiding commission) - Become a Supporter - Donate Today.

We are aiming to arrive at the Altona clubhouse bar at 6pm on Thursday, as that's when it opens. Hope to see some of you there! N.B. Altona have a pre-season friendly that night about 4km away at the International School of Hamburg.

darryl, Thimble Queen, clog and 4 others like this.
  2. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

We’re doing well. Have got past Rotterdam, nearly 1/3 of the way through our first day’s ride.

I’m posting updates on instagram.com/dulwichhamletfc and instagram.com/duncpalmer, plus twitter.com/cyclodunc

Will put stuff on the moral victory facebook group too.

Attached Files:

3. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

Any ideas as to how may will be out there... I know some have booked a week and will be doing a lot more than just the Dulwich games while others are just doing the in & out. In speaking to people during the season it would seem that we'd have a large contingent, just wondering the actual practicalities now that the game is here.

In true Spartacus mode - I'm going

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  4. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

I would suggest around up towards the 160 mark, I sold 110 tickets for the party on the Saturday alone.

5. Thimble Queen

Thimble Queen Sparkly cat whisperer

Well done guys! There'll be a cold beer or three waiting for you :)

6. otzenpunk

otzenpunk Well-Known Member

On Thursday, 7pm, Altona is playing the reserve team of VfB Lübeck, just in case anybody wanting to attend this. Location is an artificial pitch at Hemmingstedter Weg. The Altona clubhouse will be open Thursday and Friday starting at 6pm, on Friday with music by one of our "matchday" djs. In the case of England not reaching the World Cup final, the clubhouse will open on Saturday as well and show the bronze medal match. Otherwise, on Sunday after our own match, it will be open anyway and show the final nonetheless. Opening time on Sunday is 10am.

On Friday afternoon (~2pm), we're meeting with a few people at Altona beach, so everybody arriving during the course of the day, not having anything better to do, is welcome to join us there. (Not if it's raining, though.) You can reach it by harbour boat line 62 from Landungsbrücken or bus 112 from Altona main station, the station is called Neumühlen/Övelgönne. We're probably not sitting right at the beginning of the beach, but a few hundred meters into it, near the two beach bars. We'll also have a limited amount of beer available, but you may want to bring your own as well, if you don't want to pay tourist prices at the bar. From there, we'll directly take the ferry together to the HFC Falke match.

Ludo, all to nah, NPDHFC and 4 others like this.
  7. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Does anyone plan a meet-up at Landungsbrucken first? If so, what time?

8. all to nah

all to nah Well-Known Member

There's a boat leaving Landungsbrücken at quarter to two. So the perfect time to meet on the bridge at Landungsbrücken station to walk down to the Landungsbrücke 3 together would be half past one.

Thimble Queen likes this.
  9. otzenpunk

Last information from the Hafenklang party organizers:

Attached Files:

Thimble Queen and all to nah like this.
  10. all to nah

Just if you'd like a first glance on the fanzine (with 56 pages!) for the weekend:

darryl and Thimble Queen like this.
  11. darryl

darryl this wasn't supposed to happen

Like a fool, I am arriving in Hamburg by train during the second half of England v Croatia.

Can anyone recommend a decent bar very near the Hauptbahnhof I can dash into to watch the end of the match and possibly meet a chum in? (Been recommended Frau Moeller but that looks a bit more like a restaurant...)

PS. Looks like I’ve got a spare ticket for Saturday’s party.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  12. all to nah

Hi darryl,

The nicest bar in that area is the 'Max & Consorten', but I'm not sure, if they're showing the football
    Max & Consorten » Hereinspaziert!
    You might want to hop on the metro (U3) to Rödingsmarkt or the S-Bahn (S1 or S3) to Stadthausbrücke to watch it in a proper English pub with decent local beers:
    Barley and Malt bar in Hamburg

Where does your train come from? If you're going to stop in Harburg, I would recommend to leave the train there and watch the match in the Stellwerk:
    Jazzclub im Stellwerk im Bahnhof Hamburg Harburg
    It's located in the old first class waiting room directly in the station and they will show the match on the big screen. There's a lot of space in there and the people are (normally) very nice! The S3 takes you to Hauptbahnhof in less than 15 minutes after the match. Let me know, if that's an option for you!

I'm sure, someone will be VERY happy about it, as there's a long list with people looking for tickets. Please contact, Scolly. If he doesn't know anybody, I'll take it for an Altona supporter.

13. darryl

I’m on the ICE from Hanover arriving about 10 minutes before the end, so it’s really an option for extra time.

The Harburg idea might work though - will let you know. Or might just break my journey in Hanover and watch it there (could snap my host’s patience). ARD and ZDF players already downloaded to my phone just in case!

As for the ticket, will let Scolly know! (hi Scolly !)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  14. all to nah

Is it the ICE 584?

In that case you'll be in the Stellwerk with the kick off for the second half. Staying in Hannover is another option, of course!

15. darryl

ICE 70, which DB's online timetable now shows as getting in later than it says on the ticket. Hmmm. Going to have to play this one by ear, but it does stop at Harburg so Stellwerk could work.

Looks like I already have a taker for the ticket!

16. TonyWalt

TonyWalt Active Member

I didn’t know about the Saturday night party til now. Only decided to to travel about a week ago. It’s all sold out, full right?

17. the 12th man

the 12th man Well-Known Member

All those travelling to Heathrow I believe there is a strike on the Piccadilly Line affecting services Thursday-Saturday. Give yaself plenty of time!

18. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

Yep, sold out a few months ago.

19. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

As an alternative, Heathrow Connect from Paddington accepts Oyster all the way through now - quite slow but probably no worse than the Piccadilly in that respect. Air conditioned trains though, which a vast improvement on Underground!

Heathrow Express is the 'Premium' service from Paddington - non-stop but expensive (£37 return). As I'm an infrequent traveller, this is my preferred route - to hell with the expense. For those travelling tomorrow, I shall be at Paddington around 08:30 aiming to get to LHR for around 09:00 to check in for my flight. Otherwise, see you in Hamburg.

all to nah likes this.
  20. Al Crane

Al Crane Well-Known Member

Noss likes this.
  21. darryl

A bit of a train reshuffle and a hairy moment at Dortmund and I am now aiming for Stellwerk for the second half!

Thimble Queen and otzenpunk like this.
  22. all to nah

Okay, darryl was the first DHFC supporter I've met this week. It was a pleasure, but I'm very sorry about the result.

For the weekend it means: After finishing the cricket at Jenischpark on Saturday we can hop on the S1 for two stops and watch the 'small final' at the Altona clubhouse together. The party at the Hafenklang starts at 6 pm with DJs - the welcome and first band will follow at 7 pm.

darryl and Thimble Queen like this.
  23. TonyWalt

TonyWalt Active Member

Oh ok, ta. Anyone else without a ticket to the Saturday night party, like me, fancy a pint or two in a near by bar?

24. otzenpunk

Match is gonna be streamed: Altona 93 : Dulwich Hamlet FC

No commentary though, and the camera work is algorithm driven, so might not be the same amount of fun as attending in person.^^

Jimbob73 likes this.
  25. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

Have a great trip y'all. Pretty gutted not to be there but was in Hamburg last weekend on a stag do and couldn't justify a second trip. Enjoy!

26. Thimble Queen

Thimble Queen Sparkly cat whisperer

I reckon your best bet to meet folk will be at the clubhouse bar :)

27. baleboy_93

baleboy_93 Well-Known Member

Jamal and I will also be there to provide highlights afterwards, can't wait!!

28. darryl

One for the album!

Attached Files:

Cyclodunc, editor and Taper like this.
  29. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

That was cool. When’s the next one? :)

Thimble Queen, Cyclodunc and Noss like this.
  30. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Does anyone fancy putting together an article about the trip (and the games) for Buzz?