Hamburg trip Fri. 13th to Sun. 15th July:

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Dulwich Mishi, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Thought I'd start a thread for anyone who is going....to post whatever they want, and ask whatever questions they want.

The games are Friday 13th July versus HFC Falke e.V which is a 7.30pm kick off, German time. I believe they are an hour ahead of the UK. This is on a modern all-weather pitch. This game is NOT at their usual home venue, but at Sport-Club Nienstedten v. 1907 e.V. The address is: Quellental 27, 22609 Hamburg, Germany

Suggested route by public transport is by River bus (included in the one day travelcard) from Lanndungsbrucken, in the centre of Hamburg.
    Nearby the stadium there is a ferry station called "Teufelsbrück".
    Take the ferry 62 in direction of Finkenwerder. Sometimes the boat will go directly to Teufelsbrück, sometimes you have to change at Finkenwerder.
    To reach the ground, you have to walk about 10 Minutes from Teufelsbrück.

Tthe HFC Falke website: https://hfc-falke.de/

The Nienstedten website is: SC Nienstedten - Fußball in Hamburgs Westen -

And, the big event, SUNDAY 15th July versus Altona 93, kick off 12 noon. (Again, German time)This is at the Adlof Jager Kampfbahn, their traditional home, where Edgar Kail played against them-with their legendary equivalent Jager opposing him- in 1925.

The ground is an easy ten minute stroll from Bahrenfeld S-Bahn station & the address of the stadium is Griegstraße 62, 22763 Hamburg, Germany.

The Altona website is: Home | Altona 93 - Altona 93

There is a special one-off kit being made for the tournament, and the shirts that start the match ,as in one to eleven will be auctioned for the chosen charity of the anonymous benefactor who has sponsored them, in the name of the excellent charity 'Medicins Sans Frontiers' which is 'Doctors Without Borders'. Their logo wil ladorn the front of the shirts. This will be a CLOSED BIDDING AUCTION and there will be details on the official Club website later today. When these are posted I will share the link on here.

To find out more about the charity: MSF UK |

The extra shirts, as worn by the substitutes, will be donated to the "12th Man" for raffling/auctioning in the new season.

PLEASE NOTE: These are exclusive one-off shirts, designed especially for the 125th anniversary tour, and there will be NO REPLICAS MADE FOR GENERAL SALE. The only way to own one will be to bid for charity, or take part in the later raffle.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  2. Dulwich Mishi

geezuz170 and Jimbob73 like this.
  3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

It would be good if the Jager Kail Cup was filled with lovely Jäger.
    I can't make this trip, sadly :(

4. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

Cup looks brilliant. Gutted I can't go to Hamburg. Hopefully Altona will come to Champion Hill to play for it again one day soon :thumbs:

Thimble Queen likes this.
  5. MrFouldsy

MrFouldsy Active Member

Hi Mishi

The Altona game is on Sunday, no?

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  6. Dulwich Mishi

Sorry, typo. Just changed it! D'oh!

7. TonyWalt

TonyWalt Active Member

Are most of the 1st team in the squad for this trip? Very tempted.

8. Dulwich Mishi

We don't know, I would hope so...it's a three day training camp for them. Game on Friday, training session on Saturday and the Altona game on the Sunday.
    I would guess it's subject to who can get the time off work on the Friday.
    We are hoping a squad of eighteen players will travel. A mix of signed up and Academy prospects, at a guess, as per all pre-seasons.

9. Dulwich Mishi

Jimbob73 likes this.
  10. Jamie Wyatt

Jamie Wyatt Well-Known Member

Dulwich Mishi when are the team arriving and leaving Hamburg? Also any idea where they will be training on the Sat?

11. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

OK, I should have spotted this thread first but we do have a non-football related museum visit booked for the Saturday morning at the Hamburg Air Raid Shelter Museum. For those that don't know me, I'm a battlefield guide and first visited this excellent museum some year ago, so knowing our fans' interest in history, I thought it might be a good idea to remind ourselves that there was a time when citizens of London and Hamburg both had things other than football to worry about. There is a separate thread for this (which I have just bumped, so should be visible) and so far we have 26 people booked for this. Probably best if we keep the two threads apart as it could get a bit confusing otherwise!

geezuz170 and Dulwich Mishi like this.
  12. Crispy

Crispy The following psytrance is baṉned: All

Hamburg visitors must go to Miniatur Wunderland. It's incredible. Seriously.

13. Blitzwalker

I'd agree with that - but if you're able to, go on the Friday or Monday morning, as early as you can before the school groups get in there as it gets horribly busy these days. Weekends are also a nightmare, unless you get there early doors.

14. mick mccartney

mick mccartney Well-Known Member

World Triathlon Series in Hamburg , 14th-15th july

the 12th man likes this.
  15. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

Going on the shirt sizes that are up for auction, I infer the following:

1) Shirt size LARGE = Preston
    2) Shirt size LARGE = Taylor
    3) Shirt size LARGE = Green
    4) Shirt size LARGE = Lawrence
    5) Shirt size EXTRA LARGE = A. XLarge. Trialist
    6) Shirt size EXTRA LARGE = Chambers
    7) Shirt size MEDIUM = Nyren
    8) Shirt size LARGE = Ash
    9) Shirt size EXTRA LARGE = Ferguson
    10) Shirt size LARGE = Dipo
    11) Shirt size MEDIUM = Sanchez

16. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

Cricket as now been confirmed for Saturday and the Altona supporters have already had a training session!!!!! Likely to be starting 11:00 and all the equipment is being generously lent to us by the local Hamburg cricket club. I will be posting around social media to get an idea of who would like to play next week.

scousedom and Thimble Queen like this.
  17. otzenpunk

otzenpunk Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,

I'm really looking forward to this weekend, and I'm sure it's gonna be great. Some additional info:

That's a really nice boat trip, by the way. There's no direct connection Landungsbrücken-Teufelsbrück though, you always have to change boats at Finkenwerder. Especially under good weather conditions the ferries tend to be quite full, so it may be advantageous to let one of them go and place yourself in a tactically good spot to enter the next one first in line, to get proper seats on the sun roof.

Important: The ferries are exempt from the general alcohol ban in public transport, so you can feel free to carry and make use of as much beverage as you deem fit.:thumbs:

I second this. If you just want to do one common tourist thing, then do this. The owners are quite ok as well. During off-season they regularly announce "can't afford" days, where you can visit the facility for free, without having to provide any further evidence, just by stating at the cashbox, that you are not able to afford the entrance fee. You can try to book in advance, by the way, to avoid queuing, and I highly recommend that, even if you plan to attend on Friday or Monday.

Homepage | Miniatur Wunderland Hamburg

Yes, the city will be quite busy these days, and street traffic will probably collapse. You'd better plan your mobility with trains (and boats), and not so much rely on buses or cabs. There is "Schlagermove" on Saturday in St. Pauli as well. You probably won't meet a lot of Altona supporters there, but if you think you would enjoy thousands of drunken Germans in silly costumes dancing to German schlager music, you're free to go there. Even if you don't, you'll most likely see a lot of them anyway, because the Schlagermove's route leads them just a few hundred meters away from the Hafenklang, where we're going to have the fan party.

There's also a serious issue I want to address. The River Elbe at the Hafenklang, the Landungsbrücken, etc. is not a beach*, but a harbour area. The waterside is very steep, and there have been several incidents over the past couple of years, where people, especially tourists, just vanished on their way to the hotel after celebrating with their companions, and were found weeks or months later in the water in a not so lively state. For that reason, especially intoxicated persons should better not take a seat on the edge, try to pee into the river or do anything like that.

* There is a beach a short distance down the river, where you can get with the same ferry line 62 as mentioned above.

18. Dulwich Mishi

otzenpunk likes this.
  19. Dulwich Mishi

The team arrive on Friday morning, and fly back after the Altona game, early evening flight back, which is why it is a 12 noon kick off. We are hoping the training session on the Saturday morning, weather permitting, is at the Adolf Jager Kampfbahn itself, at 11.00am.

Jamie Wyatt likes this.
  20. scousedom

I
    Without losing sight of the greater good regarding why this is being done... Aren’t closed auctions supposed to be closed? I.e. no one gets told what the bids are?
    I’ve not bid (yet) but if I had I might be reasonably annoyed that my bid had been made public.

21. Dulwich Mishi

My interpretation is that 'closed' bidding to me means I won't disclose who is bidding. On the original post I did state that I would disclose, at two intervals, what the approximate updates on bids were. This is to encourage more bidding, to raise more money for the nominated charity.

22. scousedom

Ah okay fair enough - sorry, my fault for not reading all the way to the end!

23. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Really looking forward to this.

Myself and pompeydunc will have our bikes with us. People could use the santander-esque hire bikes too - are they easy to hire?

Thimble Queen likes this.
  24. otzenpunk

otzenpunk Well-Known Member

I can't tell for 100% sure, bc I personally don't use them, but many people I know do. The system is called StadtRad Hamburg. It pretty much works like this:

1) You have to register once with the system with your banking/credit card and your mobile phone number. You can do this ad hoc at the bike stations.
    2) There's an app you somehow have to install on your phone. This app shows you every station on a map, whether there are free bikes available, and you can unlock them for you to use. There's also a way to do this without the app, by calling a special phone number or something, but the app is the preferred way.
    3) Every registered customer can hire up to two bikes at the same time.
    4) Every first 30 minutes are free. Every single time, not just once you've registered or once a day or whatever. Hence a lot of people I know almost never have to pay any fees. First time registration costs 5 Euros though. After every first 30 minutes, they charge you 8 cents per minute, iirc, but the price is capped at 12 Euros per day. (This is still twice the price of a daily public transport ticket, so you probably don't want to keep the bike for whole days.)
    5) You can get rid of your bike at any station and check out, whenever you don't need the bike any longer. The stations are pretty much everywhere, at least in the inner city area, so people use them much like public transport. Search for a nearby station… get a bike… drive wherever you want, preferably within 30 minutes… leave it at another station.

Fingers likes this.
  25. Blitzwalker

Saw this squadron of go-carts down by the Alster last year. Not sure if we could be trusted to drive these things safely!

Attached Files:

otzenpunk likes this.
  26. Blitzwalker

Also, think this is a regular Summer Sunday thing down at the Reeperbahn. Bike sales, mainly second hand but some new as well.

Attached Files:

27. Dulwich Mishi

Ah, a bit like selling stolen bikes down Brick Lane?

Blitzwalker likes this.
  28. Dulwich Mishi

Bidding is now CLOSED on the shirts! Thank you to all who took part. I will be sending out emails to those successful tomorrow afternoon.

29. TonyWalt

TonyWalt Active Member

Channel tunnel booked, airbnbs booked, route sorted.....I'm coming to Hamburg! on my Bike (of the motor variety)

30. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

we'll slip stream you

pompeydunc likes this.