Halifax being touted as the 'Shoreditch of the north'

Discussion in 'Midlands and the North' started by editor, Feb 19, 2018.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

2. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

Fez909 and sealion like this.
  3. The39thStep

The39thStep Well-Known Member

Havent been to Shoreditch for about twenty years but I used to stop off at Halifax every now and again when on the train and have had some great beer there.

Pickman's model and Sprocket. like this.
  4. Sprocket.

Sprocket. Baroudeur...

The Hebden Bridge influence no doubt. :)

mikey1965uk likes this.
  5. mauvais

mauvais change has become unavoidable

Peak Guardian this, with some Daily Mail house price citation to boot. Hateful.

6. joustmaster

joustmaster offcumdun

last of the summer craft IPA

friedaweed and kebabking like this.
  7. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

shoreditch has gone all shit, you needn't bother with it again

Sue, sealion and The39thStep like this.
  8. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Halifax is shit. I don't know anyone who's even considered moving there from Leeds. Absolute bullshit.

9. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Also, the quote about house prices is bullshit as well. It just so happens I was looking at what £120k gets you in Leeds only last week, and you can get a 2 bedroom house, no bother.

It will be smaller/shitter than the house in Halifax, true, but that's what living in a shit place does to house prices.

Move to Burnley, Middlesbrough, etc and you'll get even more for your money :cool:

kazza007 and Kaka Tim like this.
  10. lazythursday

lazythursday Well-Known Member

Yeah I'd have agreed with you about a year ago. But there is no denying it does seem to have turned a huge corner since the reopening of the Piece Hall and the Square Chapel Arts Centre. It is suddenly worth going to Halifax. I had no idea about these new venues / bands etc, and calling it Shoreditch is a tad OTT but it does have the feel of a place on the up.

Shirl likes this.
  11. gosub

gosub ~#

thanks for the warning

kazza007 likes this.
  12. copliker

copliker ...

13. Shirl

Shirl Brexit my arse

I went to see our very own sojourner perform in a pub/bar in Halifax last year. I was surprised by how good the bar was and also by the people in there, nothing like the Halifax people who come to Hebden Bridge on a pub crawl on Friday nights.
    Since then I've heard about a lot of good bars in Halifax and people love the Square Chapel now. Not sure about the Piece Hall though, fabulous building but it still seems a bit soulless.
    I still wouldn't want to live there.

sojourner likes this.
  14. Tom A

Tom A Goat among sheep

friedaweed and Shirl like this.