Half term report

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Don Reid, Dec 13, 2018.

1. iamwithnail

iamwithnail Well-Known Member

What I'd give to still have Allassani, though. Really happy for him to be playing where he is, but... y'know.

2. pettyboy

pettyboy Well-Known Member

And I wish we still had Erhun Oztumer and Ethan Pinnock...but hey ho!

iamwithnail likes this.
  3. iamwithnail

iamwithnail Well-Known Member

:D That'd be quite the team, true.

pettyboy likes this.
  4. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Is The Tank available?

takkforalt and baleboy_93 like this.
  5. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Pretty much always I think.

pompeydunc likes this.
  6. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I think he trundled into Great Wakering Rovers earlier this season, in which case he probably trained his howitzer on the other side of the Thames Estuary before firing aimlessly into the North Sea. Hopefully no passing ships were sunk by "friendly fire".

7. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Kiss My Shiny Metal Ass

I think we should be very pleased to stay in the Vanarama Conference South. If anyone thinks we could survive in the National league read these comments from the Maidstone fans forum. As we know Maidstone are a big club and have exiled managers Saunders and Wheeler in their desperate struggle to avoid relegation.

We haven't adapted to this league as we passed through the previous one without understanding what DNA is required to achieve at this level. Read more: Pray for a Torquay collapse | Maidstone United unofficial fans forum

why bother staying up and watch another season of national league crap when dropping down a league and build up for a better future is more promising Read more: Pray for a Torquay collapse | Maidstone United unofficial fans forum

Things won't magically change/improve after one or 2 seasons back in the National South. To survive at this level its all about money and sadly I don't think Oliver and Terry have the money to truly support a team at this level. Our half arsed version of full time does us no favours either. Unless we can afford to do it properly with training 4-5 days a week and offer 52 week contracts it just seems a total waste of time and money. We'd honestly be better going back part time and having the pick of the best available players instead of the worst available ''full time'' ones. Read more: Pray for a Torquay collapse | Maidstone United unofficial fans forum

8. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I'd been thinking this myself only yesterday. Maidstone went straight through National South by winning the play-off final at the first attempt, but even with the advantages of a secure town centre ground, 7 days a week pitch hire, large crowds, they've struggled for three seasons in the National Division. Letting 7th placed teams into the play-offs is stupid, it just makes people think they should be challenging for promotion when they aren't ready for it.

Obviously we all like to win games; for a club new to this level I think winning more than we lose is a good benchmark to aim for. We're falling short of that at the moment, but it's been a bit more challenging than anticipated with being in exile at this level, having made light of it for the final couple of months of last season at the lower level. If we win more than we lose for the remainder of this season and the crowds keep "Filling The Hill" I'll settle for that right now. (Oh, and the London Senior Cup would look good on the sideboard too!)