Half term report

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Don Reid, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Don Reid

Don Reid Active Member

As a club how do we think we're doing at this level = C+
    and will going back to champion Hill improve our chances of making the playoff this season
    And what do we need player wise going forward to get into playoff

2. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

Not too shabby for a newly promoted club. We should make mid table mediocrity, which given we lost the core of a well drilled defence coming up, is frankly good enough.

Yep, back to the hill will improve morale and coffers. I wouldn't expect to make play offs in any case.

Solid defender who can marshal the back 4.

B-

Ronco likes this.
  3. iamwithnail

iamwithnail Well-Known Member

That's pretty much where I'm at, I'm happy if we're cutting about the middle of the lower half of the league, and just a little bit too low right now - we're seven points off being in the relegation zone, and a couple of the teams around us have games in hand. We're 17th, i'd be much happier/more comfortable just a few places further up.

4. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Don’t forget the possible points deduction :eek:

5. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Quite a few mocked me at the start of the season when I said I'd be happy to stay up...

B.I.G likes this.
  6. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Because we will finish in the top half or be relegated.

7. iamwithnail

iamwithnail Well-Known Member

Is that for the ineligible players, the potential deduction?

8. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

C

I think we've done OK under difficult circumstances, what with being exiled and losing three players who declined new contracts (Acheampong, Faal, Hayles) plus two others (Beaney, Weatherstone) who cited travelling and work commitments in choosing to leave when I guess they may have been made an offer to stay, not to mention Allassani. Our new recruitment has been sketchy and we have several contracted players out on loan who appear unlikely to wear our shirt again, but I accept that everyone involved in that was constrained by the prevailing situation.

The real disappointment for me has been the poor league form over the last 5 or 6 weeks just when we seemed to be finding our feet at this level. We should have beaten Weston-super-Mare and should never have lost to Truro or Oxford or Hemel. Blowing one or two of those games might be excused but all four looks careless.

I remain optimistic that we can bounce back once we return to Champion Hill.

iamwithnail and B.I.G like this.
  9. RabbleLevi

RabbleLevi Active Member

B-

I’m extatic that we have competed in every game thus far and haven’t been outplayed/destroyed in the league so far this season. We have not lost by a goal difference of more than +2.

I do share Gavin Roses frustration that the team could be much further up the table but have failed to kill of 3/4 games that we should have won. We should be 12 points better off than we are and I don’t think Gavin has grossly exaggerated in any of his post match interviews.

A return to Champion Hill will feel like Celtic Park on a European night and if attendances return to 2000+ on a Saturday we could see some good additions to the club.

10. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Thought it was just for Daniel Crappoe but I dont know the potential punishment for that infringement.

11. Pink Panther

If you don't know the potential punishment why did you suggest a points deduction is imminent?

My interpretation of what we were told is that a copy of his contract was not submitted to the FA in accordance with their regulations. As long as he signed a National League registration form and was not under contract to another club I don't see how he can be "ineligible" to play, as you don't have to be under contract to play.

12. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

The situation with Pappoe so helpfully made public by a Wealdstone fan has been resolved and there is no points deduction.

YTC, the 12th man, pettyboy and 6 others like this.
  13. Don Reid

Don Reid Active Member

I
    If we can emulate an atmosphere like that it would be surreal for a non league club it would really be the 12th man
    Off subject do you think the club would allow art work, graffiti or a murials l on the walls around the ground to show our uniqueness as dulwich hamlet rather than the bland dartford fc ground surrounding

14. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Art work, graffiti or muriels at champion hill? I assume you have never been.

YTC, Moroccan Sunset and Pink Panther like this.
  15. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Because other clubs get deducted points for ineligible players and I was told he had played when ineligible.

16. Pink Panther

I suggest you administer a stern punishment to the individual who informed you of his ineligibility, as (s)he was clearly wrong!

B.I.G likes this.
  17. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

The second half of the charge says:

It is alleged that Dulwich Hamlet FC failed to comply with FA Rule C1(f)(i) and C1(f)(ii) in that Daniel Pappoe played for the club in the above six fixtures without the Club receiving confirmation of registration from The FA.

Conference south rules say that eligibility of players is subject to confirmation from the FA.

...in the case of Contract Players, including those on loan, must have approval from The Football Association. Clubs are also responsible for all players being correctly registered before fielding any player. Failure to do so constitutes misconduct and the Club will be charged with fielding an ineligible player.

18. Don Reid

Don Reid Active Member

I'm talking proper almost as cringy as billericay but with class!! As dulwich would clearly know how to do

B.I.G likes this.
  19. Pink Panther

This sounds more vague and complex than Brexit.

B.I.G likes this.
  20. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Scolly tell him what you want and then crowd fund :)

Pink Panther likes this.
  21. Pink Panther

I love the bits and pieces and cameos that Scolly has done, but there's scope for something quite spectacular on some of the big walls beyond the Tommy Jover Stand.

*(No committee members in bed with their other half please. Unless it's swingers' night!)

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    Nivag and B.I.G like this.
  22. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Pink ‘n’ Blue Stik people would be great, they’re all around Dulwich.

3010 likes this.
  23. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Kiss My Shiny Metal Ass

Portraits of Pa Wilson, Edgar Kail, Tommy Jover, Reg Merrit, Pat Connett, Ossie Bayram, Chris Lewington, Nyren Clunis, Erhun Oztumer, Phil Wilson, Gavin Rose and others would be great. Celebrate our history.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  24. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Kiss My Shiny Metal Ass

From the Vanarama South forum (following the Hemel game)

Jordan Parkes scored his 100th goal for the club just before half time with a superb, trademark freekick and we were under the cosh at times but in the end held out for the win. Thought Dulwich were decent and probably deserved a point for their efforts. Good away support too.

Spot on Mitch, I thought Dulwich were one of the better teams we have had at VR this season,played some good stuff.

Dulwich have a big, fit side that does footballing very well - if they were a bit more robust and aggressive they'd do very well in this division. Too much emphasis on the beautiful game today led to Hemel nicking a win; a bit more attitude from Dulwich and our players would've rolled over.

Agree with the Hemel comments, but much as I love 3 points and Parksy I have a distinct dislike for some of the time wasting crap we came up with today. Subs shuffling off after making sure they were as far away possible, running the ball into corners. (a) we were at home, (b) We pay good money to watch 90 odd minutes of football, not 70 minutes and 20 of titting about. I hate it when clubs do it to us. I accept its a tactic to wind teams up as much as waste time, but not when youre at home against good, but ordinary mid-table fodder.

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  25. Pink Panther

One of their players who got substituted was practically running on the spot as he went off. He almost seemed to be moving away from the touchline while his knees were going up and down like pistons in a Victorian power station. It would have been hilarious if it hadn't been so irritating.

pompeydunc, Son of Roy and EDC like this.
  26. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

He was ineligible by being registered as contract but without FA approval of his contract he was actually non contract. It's a technicality but makes him ineligible.

However there is to be no points deduction.

scousedom, Pink Panther and B.I.G like this.
  27. HELVETICVS

HELVETICVS ILLE QVI PVLSAT SVM

There are differing forms of Eligibility issues - banned, unregistered, International Clearance, Contract status, &c.

Eligibility issues flowing from Contractual Status are not subject to a Mandatory Deduction of all points obtained by using that player in the Fielded XI.

In this case, there was effectively an on/off switch as to the Participant's actual Contract Status at Wembley and nothing more. That form of Eligibility does not affect Fixture Outcome, broadly speaking, the actual test for Deductions.

28. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Blimey... HELVETICVS I think even I understood that! :D:thumbs:

29. Don Reid

Don Reid Active Member

As a club we have a style of play that most of the time is pleasing to the eye and wouldn't want it any other way. I want us to play with flair, and the mavericks of the league exciting the crowds with a style of play,
    but we've gone up a league and because of the ground situation we seem to have done a scattergun style of recruitment, retaining players and recruiting players that are not fit for purpose, Pappoe,, Figueroa, Lawrence,, kamara,
    Out of the ones we've signed and play
    may
    Vose
    Mags
    Cooks
    Only vose has played consistently and done OK needs goals but generally OK
    Mags, disappointing the most think father time caught up with him not bringing the leadership that is needed for a young team
    Cookie, not sure what to make of him at the moment has great personality and enthusiasm but its not transferring onto the team and helping us get the results, maybe more game time needed,
    May, another player you can see he's a good character put we need goals so a bit disappointed with him

Pink Panther and iamwithnail like this.
  30. Pink Panther

I think this sums up why we appear to have gone backwards since last season. Our best seasons during the Gavin Rose era have come when we've retained most of the previous season's squad; the only significant departures last year were Drage and Sekajja, whom we replaced with Hayles/Acheampong and (eventually) Allassani. Last season's squad was the strongest we've had since 1980 in my opinion and in the summer, for various reasons, we lost as many as seven players we might have preferred to keep: Allassani, Weatherstone, Hayles, Acheampong, Beaney, Faal, Dumaka.

I'm sure rank and file supporters don't even know the half of how difficult it must have been for the team management, club directors and committee members to set a competitive budget and recruit the players we needed during the summer. I think only Lawrence, Cook and May were committed to joining by the start of pre-season, and Lawrence was released before the end of August by mutual agreement. A lot of triallists were used in the pre-season games, and ultimately I think we had to gamble on signing up a few who were not quite what we were looking for, notably Pappoe and Figueira. On the plus side we were lucky to pick up Vose right at the end of pre-season.

Cyclodunc and Dulwich Mishi like this.