1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Half Moon Herne Hill reopening

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by Fingers, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Rushy

Rushy AKA some / certain posters

What exactly do you think they mean by "manage"?

2. Winot

Winot I wholeheartedley agree with your viewpoint

Probably means that you end up being as competent at basic tasks as your average manager.

3. friendofdorothy

friendofdorothy it is so much worse than Thatcherism now

session beer should be about 3% in my opinion. I think they are misusing the word session here

oryx likes this.
  4. Winot

Winot I wholeheartedley agree with your viewpoint

Ideally, but very hard to get it that low. Kernel Table Beer is the closest I’ve found.

5. friendofdorothy

friendofdorothy it is so much worse than Thatcherism now

yes its very hard to find anything other than stronger, overpriced IPA/ pale ale/ golden ales these days.

I'm a (very) bitter woman.

6. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

If I'm DJing I need to get on the session beers because over a 4-5 hour session I can get through a lot of the stuff, even if I'm drinking slowly.

Most of the venues I play at don't have decent beer, so I go for 'session' strength over taste and wolf down Amstel/Carling (which is actually only 3.7% according to this) or Fosters. I know the purists will disapprove but I REALLY appreciate the difference next day.

7. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

I'm all for low/medium strength beers being available everywhere. It allows one the option to have a beer safe in the knowledge they can go on and drive both safely and legally.