1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guinness Trust Loughborough Park, no running water since 7pm Saturday

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by wjh, Jun 20, 2010.

1. wjh

wjh Bill

Got back from Myatts field yesterday evening to find there was no running water on our estate. Immediately reported it to Thames Water and Guinness Trust and eventually was told there is a faulty pump on the estate.

3.30pm Sunday and there is still no stand pipes available for use, people are having to buy bottled water, the elderly and infirm are having to rely on neighbours to get water for them.

Have just been told that nobody will be available to even start repairing the pump until tomorrow morning.

Can sort of understand about the repair, but surely stand pipes can be organised more quickly than this.

:mad:

2. Mrs Magpie

Mrs Magpie On a bit of break...

Ring the SLP Newsdesk even if it's been sorted. Just the sort of thing they love to get their teeth into. I know a lot of very elderly people there. This isn't on at all. It being the hottest time of the year makes it worse.

3. Onket

Onket Je suis [CONTENT REMOVED]

It was in the SLP on Friday.

4. Mrs Magpie

Mrs Magpie On a bit of break...

Oh good, hope it's been properly sorted.

5. Onket

Onket Je suis [CONTENT REMOVED]

The story was about the standpipes etc. It wasn't sorted then (I think- the paper is at home).

Hope it is sorted now too, obviously.

6. wemakeyousoundb

wemakeyousoundb and calm again

Actually there was a standpipe on Sunday from early/mid afternoon, i wish I'd taken pictures of the queue.

7. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

And so it goes on...

Gramsci likes this.