Great hi-fi cassette decks that you have loved

Discussion in 'computers, web and general tech' started by editor, Jun 7, 2018.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Following on from the turntables thread, here's some cassette decks that I've owned or lusted after.

I'd always wanted a Mitsubishi but they were well out of my price range. But who doesnt love a Closed Loop Dual Capstan System?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I owned this beaut for years. VU meters! Three heads! Oh yes.

I still have this one but the play button keeps falling off. But it has a MASTER FADER.

[​IMG]

BassJunkie, WWWeed and pogofish like this.
  2. Enviro

Enviro Make your assessment

When I were a lad, once I'd reached a certain age, I was allowed to play music on my old man's hi-fi which consisted of some Spendor BC-1's, a Technics turntable, a NAD amp and this NAD casette deck:
    [​IMG]
    Good times :cool:

WWWeed, pogofish and editor like this.
  3. pogofish

pogofish Testicle Hairstyle

My first cassette deck - A Sharp RT-10, bought around 82/83, it did stalwart service till it finally died 2-3 years ago. I've still not disposed of my box of tapes. :oops:

[​IMG]

At some point, I had one of these:

[​IMG]

But it proved temperamental, so I reinstated the old Sharp, kept it as a copying deck but eventually gave it away and it packed-up in pretty short order at its new home.

At work, I have one of these - A TEAC W-790R hooked-up to my PC:

[​IMG]

Its pretty-much a camera plinth on the side of my desk these days as I only very occasionally get tape jobs now but I like it and its presence annoys one of my bosses no-end - he has an irrational ill-will against anything "analog"! :D

In the store we have a few Pioneer, Yamaha and Sony decks plus an old, early-model JVC "Kaboom" boombox (Tape/CD), which we also skip-dived somewhere. It gets brought-out when we really want to annoy him...! :D

WWWeed and editor like this.
  4. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

pogofish likes this.
  5. pesh

pesh Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I had one of these, it was happiest when recording Weekend Rush.

pogofish and WWWeed like this.
  6. WWWeed

WWWeed Bandwidth Bandit

What about the Akai cs-55d?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018