"Got, got, need, need, got" World Cup Sticker Album Thread

Discussion in 'World Cup 2014 Brazil' started by Balbi, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Balbi

Balbi Hey, Dean Yager!

:cool:

Here it is. I'll pick mine up later.

2. Onket

Onket Je suis [CONTENT REMOVED]

Are people doing it this year, then? I'm not sure.

3. Onket

Free albums in the supermarket at the moment.

4. JTG

JTG Angry about not being able to be an astronaut.

All good dealers offer freebies to get 'em hooked

Anyway, no, no money for it. Still have a mountain of 2006 swaps if anyone has any spaces in their old albums

5. Onket

I didn't pick one up, I was just passing on the information. I very much doubt I'll do it this year seeing as I have not had a child this year.

6. JTG

Which members of the England squad have they got hilariously wrong this year?

7. Zapp Brannigan

Zapp Brannigan Built like a steakhouse, handles like a bistro

It's not that bad, only picked 17 so relatively safe. The likes of Adam Lallana and Raheen Sterling are going to be well pissed off, England players at a World Cup and no Panini sticker of themselves :(

8. Onket

Free in WHSmith, too.

9. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Anyone get the Esso 'coins' team back in the day? Around the time of the tiger tokens. I completed that one but have to credit the old man with paying for the petrol.

Brixton Hatter likes this.
  10. strung out

strung out (",)

My brother's nearly finished his. It helps that he works for Panini to be honest.

11. Silva

Silva This went well.

I'm considering buying a display (50 packets, if I'm not mistaken) if our merch supplier carries it at a decent price :oops:

12. Onket

My brother did this last time and regretted it.

Badgers likes this.
  13. goldenecitrone

goldenecitrone post tenebras lux

They should bring back the cardboard ones with a piece of chewing gum inside. Far superior.

14. Onket

Superior for Americans, maybe.

15. Silva

Silva This went well.

that's my fear too :oops: I'd bet it kind of feels like buying a mostly complete sticker album.
    All depends on the price, although I think they're not carrying it at all this time around.

16. Onket

If I remember rightly he still had loads that he needed but felt he'd already spent too much on the stickers to buy more packets. I spose it depends if you've got lots of people you can swap with.

17. wiskey

wiskey Albatross Admirer

Picked my album up today and also one for the 5yo... I'm dead excited about competing with him doing it together!

Can't remember how much a sticker pack was last time (I've still got a drawer of stickers from last time), trying to work out appropriate chores for him to do to earn them.

Onket likes this.
  18. JTG

If I do it can I do swapsies with him?

19. JTG

20. JTG

Initial impressions:
    The Brazilians' names, previously a byword for carefree exoticism, are now just silly. Half of them are more like a working men's club in Barnsley than the Copacabana. Disappointing.
    The Germans have yet to make an impression on my album. I'm not writing them off though, they're sure to come good in the latter stages. Hopefully I can hold off on getting sticker 492 for as long as possible so that I can keep doing that 'Mertesacker Emptiness' joke I love so much.
    Likewise, the Dutch are keeping a low profile, which is just as well after they shat all over the tournament last time like a blonde Argentina 1990.
    Argentina themselves look as shifty as ever. I don't trust 'em :hmm:
    Cameroon look a safe bet to defend the wackiest hairdos title they've held since 1994.
    Spain's pics are about as interesting as the football they play.
    Excitingly, Greece could well be the beardiest team since Bulgaria last qualified. They could even give Hungary's classic wolfman XI of 1986 a run for their money.
    Honduras maintain the great Latin American tradition of looking in every direction other than the camera. I am hopeful that their squad pic will be the classic 'front row awkwardly half squatting wanting to be anywhere but there' :cool:
    Ghana and Korea look favourites for being completed first but there's nowt on offer for looking impressive early doors.
    Anyone got any swaps? :hmm:

21. Onket

:D Superb post.

22. 8ball

8ball Considerably more oppressed than yow

Ah, those heady days when everyone knew who made the sticker albums but no one had the foggiest idea what a panini was... jumpers for goalposts, hmm?

23. JTG

Ta :)

24. Supine

Supine Rough Like Badger

How much are the stickers?

25. Brixton Hatter

Brixton Hatter Home is south London mate

I've got an album. I'm a mug. £65+ on stickers!

It's for my son though.

Onket likes this.
  26. Brixton Hatter

Yeah…..I remember it took fucking ages to find the last coin - Colin Hendry I think. Mum was driving all over the place to Esso garages trying to find it.

Can't believe they had England and Scotland together in the same album!

27. Brixton Hatter

The most hilarious/amatuerish thing about the England stickers is the FA won't let Panini/Fifa use pics of the players actually wearing England shirts. So they have superimposed the players' heads onto a body wearing a white t-shirt. And it looks fucking rubbish!

(PS - and this is the precise reason we won't win the World Cup ;) )

28. Brixton Hatter

50p a pack :mad:

29. JTG

:hmm:

Brixton Hatter likes this.
  30. Brixton Hatter