1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Google Cardboard serves up VR on the very, very cheap!

Discussion in 'mobiles, tablets and wearable tech' started by editor, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Johnny Canuck3

Johnny Canuck3 Well-Known Member

... actually, you're right.

There are other threads for this sort of thing.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  2. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

The all-in-one Daydream VR device that doesnt need a phone or computer, and has sensors that enable positional tracking sure does sound interesting. HTC are manufacturing it - expect price to be worlds away from cardboard so I will probably start a new thread for it at some point but launch in quite far away and there arent many details yet so this comment will do for now.

UnderAnOpenSky likes this.
  3. UnderAnOpenSky

UnderAnOpenSky baseline neural therapy

Intresting, but as always with VR it will all be about the content! I really like the idea, but not seen anything yet that makes me want to splash out.

4. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

I know what you mean. I only bought into VR at this stage because I'm trying to develop some content for it myself.

UnderAnOpenSky likes this.
  5. UnderAnOpenSky

UnderAnOpenSky baseline neural therapy

Thing is I really like the idea. I remember being very excited as a kid about the first gen stuff, untextured polygons and stuff and only got a go when visiting a big city. It's like we're living in the future.

6. donkyboy

donkyboy Member

7. bmd

bmd Hold me closer, tiny dancer.

Go on.

8. Crispy

Crispy The following psytrance is baṉned: All

The "strap a phone to your face" version is crap compared to the full-fat PC-tethered experience. You won't do this in Cardboard:

Bungle73 likes this.
  9. newbie

newbie undisambiguated

fyi

https://www.sporttechie.com/bt-spor...ts-in-advance-of-uefa-champions-league-final/