Google calendar adding its own reminders?

Discussion in 'computers, web and general tech' started by ATOMIC SUPLEX, Nov 28, 2018.

1. ATOMIC SUPLEX

ATOMIC SUPLEX Member Since: 1985 Post Count: 3

My shared Google calendar is great, but today it is reminding me of four things, three of which are the sort of thing that might relate to me.

1. Taxis
    What?
    2. 9:15 blood test at East Croydon medical centre.
    Well that does sound like something I might have to do. . . But I don't.
    3. Doctors appointment 10am
    No
    4. Hospital appointment
    No other information other than the title is given and it doesn't say who has written the reminder. I checked back all the others reminders i have added from the past and it gives my name and email. Same with my wife, name and email. These are just blank.

Anyone else experience this? Slightly disconcerting when three reminders are medical.

2. mauvais

mauvais change has become unavoidable

Have you connected someone else's calendar or signed in to someone else's device?

3. ATOMIC SUPLEX

No
    But if I had and someone added to my calendar it would do so under my name. . . There is no name or email attached to the reminders.

4. mauvais

I just added a reminder from my Android phone and it has no 'created by' or email.

Stuff added via Calendar's web UI does.

5. astral

astral author unknown

Nothing in your emails that could be mistaken for that? My Google calendar added a cinema visit that I was suggesting over email, but hadn't booked or confirmed recently.

6. ATOMIC SUPLEX

I only add via my tablet, and it always has my name and suplex credited to it. Maybe because mine is a shared calendar with wife etc?

7. ATOMIC SUPLEX

Oh weird.

8. mauvais

Added via the native calendar app:

Screenshot_20181128-082451_Chrome.jpg

9. ATOMIC SUPLEX

I didn't say you were lying. . .but are you using a shared calendar? If you are sharing with others i think it has to show who added it.

10. Idaho

Idaho blah blah blah

Perhaps these are all medical appointments linked to your bouts of memory loss?

Tankus, kabbes, gentlegreen and 4 others like this.
  11. Winot

Winot I wholeheartedley agree with your viewpoint

ATOMIC SUPLEX log in to the calendar via a desktop and click on settings. Untick "Automatically add events from Gmail to my calendar" and see if they disappear.

12. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank We kill the flame

I always get a reminder ten minutes before I'm supposed to start work. I work all over the city, but nowhere that's within ten minutes from my house so if ever do forget to show he reminder isn't going to help me.

13. kabbes

kabbes "A top 400 poster"

Google’s been reading the data from your medical wearable tech and it doesn’t like what it sees.

WouldBe and gentlegreen like this.
  14. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

Most likely coming from spam sent to your gmail.