Good quality black leggings

Discussion in 'threads and dreads' started by boohoo, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Looby

Looby Well-Known Member

They're the ones I get. They were 25% off yesterday so that's why they've run out.

They're ok IMO but used to be ace.

2. gaijingirl

gaijingirl Well-Known Member

They were 25% off today too - I may have gone a bit beserk in Sainsbury's today.. otoh I won't need to buy any kids' clothes for the forseeable.

boohoo and Looby like this.
  3. 8115

8115 sitting down is bad for you

La Redoute, they have some good basic but good quality black leggings.

Don't let pogofish see this thread.

Rebelda likes this.
  4. kittyP

kittyP schmeeer

I've got a gorgeous MnS pair. Really thick and soft with a special waist band so they don't dig in and they stay put.

I have a very acceptable Next pair.

boohoo and gaijingirl like this.
  5. RubyToogood

RubyToogood can't remember what goes here

Not answering the question, but I always find if I buy leggings a size or two smaller than usual they fit much better on the legs. Maybe that's my weird shape, or just that leggings are strangely baggy.

6. Looby

Looby Well-Known Member

Yeah, same here. Sometime 4 sizes smaller which makes me happy. :D

gaijingirl likes this.
  7. Looby

Looby Well-Known Member

Do you know which M&S ones you've got? Just looked at their website and there are so many.

8. Looby

Looby Well-Known Member

So, I'm a bit of a saddo but when I couldn't sleep the other night I emailed sainsburys about their leggings. :D

They've asked me for more details about the ones I've bought and given me a 10 quid credit on my nectar card.

They said they hadn't had any other feedback about the change so I think you should all email too. Mainly because it will make me feel less of a twat. ;)

9. oryx

oryx Sitting on the bock of the day

Don't know which ones kitty had but I've got some Autograph ones and some bog standard M & S cable knit ones which have been pretty good.

10. zenie

zenie >^^<

I find paying more means things last longer (who'd have thought it :eek: )

I like the textured ones by Sparkle and Fade from Urban Outfitters they're still going strong and I wear them to death. :D

boohoo likes this.
  11. gaijingirl

ok.. so I bought a dress from New Look online. Got it almost half price. I do like it and want to keep it. However, it was delivered really smelling of cigarette smoke. Is it worth following up? Last time they cocked up I got a % off voucher that had to be used quite quickly and I wasn't able to use it. Should I just wash it and be glad to have gotten the almost 50% off in the first place?

Glitter likes this.
  12. gaijingirl

sparklefish - good for you... working on behalf of frustrated legs UK wide.

Looby likes this.
  13. Glitter

Glitter Goddess of rock!

Definitely complain. If they don't do anything you've lost the price of am email....:D

gaijingirl and muscovyduck like this.
  14. Glitter

Glitter Goddess of rock!

I have leggings from Next that MIL bought me. No idea if they're cheap though.

I get mine from Sainsbury's, Asda or Matalan then I wear them until they fall apart or I get too fat for them.

For six quid I think that's fair enough tbh.

Greebo likes this.
  15. purenarcotic

purenarcotic Conveniently Pocket Sized

I always use to get mine from Accessorize. Not especially cheap but I discovered a pair the other day that still look like they're new and they must be coming up for four or five years old.

16. Ms T

Ms T Honey-coloured ramparts

17. trabuquera

trabuquera Modesty Bag

Leggings from Forever 21 are rubbish quality, but come in unusual colours and are so cheap you can throw them away.
    imho best quality and cheapaest leggings (for hobbit-sized mutants like me) are from Zara or H&M girls' ranges.

Greebo likes this.
  18. Thimble Queen

Thimble Queen Sparkly cat whisperer

Another vote for topshop leggings.

19. colacubes

colacubes Well-Known Member

Bump.

Any current advice? My recent staple have been H&M but they seem to have gone to shit recently and I consequently look like Nora Batty :mad:

20. Thimble Queen

Thimble Queen Sparkly cat whisperer

I like ASOS high waist leggings. The material is soft and they are long lasting. I'm a 14 but get a size 12.

colacubes likes this.
  21. 8115

8115 sitting down is bad for you

I got some good ones from Sainsburys not too long ago, had to go up several sizes though. Otherwise maybe try La Redoute, they're on Black Friday special too.

Pack of 2 Long Leggings leggings

colacubes likes this.
  22. Looby

Looby Well-Known Member

Still Sainsbury’s luxury leggings for me although they’re not as good they were and go baggy more quickly.
    I have to go down several sizes though in contrast to 8115.

23. purenarcotic

purenarcotic Conveniently Pocket Sized

Peacocks last ages, as do Accessorize.

colacubes likes this.
  24. moose

moose like some cat from Japan

I've given up trying to get any that will go round my fat arse and my thin ankles. I buy a few pairs at a time and spend an afternoon whizzing over them with the sewing machine from the knees down, to make them narrow.

25. oryx

oryx Sitting on the bock of the day

My favourite pair are from M and Co - similar to these but they are quite old so I can't check the label to compare, as it's faded. They have held their shape and colour and are high-waisted/long-legged.

Luxe Leggings | Women's Leggings | M&Co

colacubes likes this.