Good quality black leggings

Discussion in 'threads and dreads' started by boohoo, Feb 18, 2014.

1. boohoo

boohoo No.

Any suggestion of who does a good reasonably priced pair of leggings?

Thank you. x

2. boohoo

boohoo No.

Ten views already and no comments- what would draw someone to a thread called good quality black leggings just for a browse? :D

3. Looby

Looby Well-Known Member

Sainsburys used to. Their luxury (seriously :D) soft touch leggings were great. Really thick and held their shape. Unfortunately they've changed them and they aren't as good.

Sorry that was a shit answer!

I think we're probably all looking for the elusive good quality leggings. :D

4. Manter

Manter Lunch Mob

Boredom ;)

I was going to say someone asked this q in SMN. Then I thought it might have been you. So I went to look and got distracted.

Sorry, this is not helpful, but you did ask ;)

boohoo likes this.
  5. felixthecat

felixthecat are we there yet?

Oh bum - that's where I always got mine from because they were so good:(

6. moose

moose like some cat from Japan

Because they're turned out in their millions, I find quality is achievable, but not consistency. Sainsbo's used to be brilliant, and are now shite. I bought 2 pairs of the same size, same label in Matalan last week, and one pair is legging heaven, the other pair hell. :mad:

7. Plumdaff

Plumdaff joy in people

I think you're getting loads of hits because everyone used to get them at Sainsburys. I have one pair of lovely Asda ones and the rest from there have faded badly. :-(

8. colacubes

colacubes Well-Known Member

I am subscribing to this thread. I always used to get mine in Primarni but they've got proper shit recently :mad:

9. boohoo

boohoo No.

Thanks everyone. I have bought Sainsburys leggings which were good first time but not second time. H & M are not bad but still to easy to either go at the crutch or to develop holes. I had some M & S limited collection, still fairly flimsy and more expensive than the others.

muscovyduck likes this.
  10. foamy

foamy Sheinhardt Wig Company

The thickest leggings I've found (that weren't jeggins) were from long tall Sally.
    Not sure on the price or if they have changed much in the last 2 years though.

(I really felt I had to post something after looking at the thread- I didn't want to be pegged as a leggings perve ;) )

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
    Guineveretoo, boohoo and Manter like this.
  11. Rebelda

Rebelda Nearly as bad as Badgers

I swear by American Apparel, but they're not cheap I'm afraid (last ages though). Their 'winter weight' ones are the dog's!

pinkmonkey and boohoo like this.
  12. gaijingirl

gaijingirl Well-Known Member

I struggle with this. My "best" ones are Next. I recently bought some from Simply Be which are ok but a bit shiny.

My Primark ones are crap tbh.

How much are American Apparel ones Rebelda and do they come in "lardy"? (size rather than colour)

Rebelda likes this.
  13. Rebelda

Whoa they're actually on sale online. £15 for the normal ones (usually £24) and £10 for the winter (usually £33). Haven't checked sizes/colour. They go from xs to xl, xl probably equivalent to a high street 16/18. I might have to stock up!

14. gaijingirl

are the winter ones really thick or something? What would you recommend?

15. Rebelda

Ignore some of that ^ the 'normal ones' I quoted are actually 'cotton spandex' i.e. shiny. Normal cotton are for sale at their usual £26. Winter weight one's are brill though, great on the bike gaijingirl :cool:

gaijingirl likes this.
  16. Rebelda

They are thick yeah. And correspondingly tighter, which I quite like (less wobble :cool::oops:).

17. Rebelda

Further inspection suggests only the lary colours are on sale. Burnt orange, anyone? :facepalm: Sorry boohoo.

18. pinkmonkey

pinkmonkey 2.4 hour party person

Sainsburys used to be great. I think most of mine are from there, i've had some tesco ones that were good too. H&M are ok, uniqlo are excellent.

19. gaijingirl

aargh.. not succeeding with the AA website Rebelda - I found the winter leggings and it said "sale on various colours" but when I clicked through all the colours - none were on sale. Then I looked at the sale page - but winter leggings weren't there at all.

eta.. ah sorry - seen your post above now.

hmm maybe not burnt orange. Shame!

20. Rebelda

See my post above :oops: Sorry :(

It is a fucking dreadful website anyway :mad: don't think I've ever used it, always give up and go to a shop.

21. gaijingirl

so looked at Uniqlo but their large leggings on the size chart is a 14. Now a 16 maybe - but not a 14.

I need to go to some shops really but it's near impossible to achieve this. :(

sorry boohoo have hijacked your thread with my leggings woes..

22. pinkmonkey

Yes the problem with Uniqlo is they don't have anything bigger than a 14, funny thing is, as a tall person I worried their leggings would be halfmast on me, being a Japanese store, but they're properly ankle length on me, Tesco and Sainsburys are not. And I'm a big fan of their heat tech, thermal, knitted leggings, not only warm but look great too.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  23. gaijingirl

I do have a few uniqlo things though - including trousers (admittedly elasticated) - which fit fine - so I might have a look.

24. Yu_Gi_Oh

Yu_Gi_Oh 天天好心情

I would vote for Uniqlo for leggings. Their heattch stuff should be in the sale by now, it is here. Their normal cotton leggings are way too short for me though, but their heattech range is perfectly long enough. :confused:

25. equationgirl

equationgirl Respect my existence or expect my resistance

I was just about to post the same thing, got some great ones a few weeks ago that are nice and thick, but well cut.

26. equationgirl

equationgirl Respect my existence or expect my resistance

There is no shame in having clothes with a waistband that stretches - most comfortable I find.

gaijingirl likes this.
  27. boohoo

boohoo No.

Thanks ladies. And gaijingirl you weren't hi-jacking the thread :) - lots of good opinions about leggings. I might have to buy an investment pair :D. (I have actually repaired leggings where possible but many have got holes in knees and on the leg :()

28. pinkmonkey

They might have altered the cotton ones for the UK, they are proper long enough for me (I'm 5 foot 7)

29. Yu_Gi_Oh

Yu_Gi_Oh 天天好心情

I'm a couple of inches taller than you but they don't even get close to my ankles, so maybe you're right. :)

pinkmonkey likes this.
  30. gaijingirl

Today I bought a pair of "luxury soft touch" leggings from Sainsbury's - they were £10 as opposed to the normal ones which were 2 for a tenner. They must be really popular as they had run out of black, so I bought a dark grey pair - will report back.

boohoo likes this.