Golden Dawn win 6.97% of vote and 21 seats.

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by manny-p, May 8, 2012.

1. manny-p

manny-p candy coloured clown

[​IMG]

Golden Dawn campaigned hard against illegal immigration, and its supporters have been blamed for a recent spike in inner-city street attacks against mostly Asian immigrants.
    The party's supporters, routinely seen intimidating immigrants in run-down parts of the capital, wear black shirts, and its emblems resemble Nazi insignia.
    But Michaloliakos has rejected the neo-Nazi label widely used for his party, stressing that it is staunchly nationalist.
    Referring to immigrants, Golden Dawn's campaign slogan in TV ads was: "Let's rid this country of the stench."
    Javad Aslan, a spokesman for Greece's Pakistani immigrant community, urged other political parties to work together to isolate Golden Dawn.
    "This is dangerous for everyone who is living in Greece," Aslan said. "This [result is] unbelievable for me. It is very serious, very dangerous.
    "I can never believe a political party that comes with knives and bars against us, that hurts people and puts them in hospital.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/may/06/golden-dawn-far-right-greece?newsfeed=true

What scum.

danny la rouge and frogwoman like this.
  2. I hate being forum cop but wrong forum

3. N_igma

N_igma Epistemic nuisance

Yeh fucking Greeks coming over here polluting our forums!

4. DotCommunist

DotCommunist slowtime

5. gosub

gosub ~#

with another election likely in 2 months, might be an idea if EU suspended their Turkish deal before things go proper mental

6. manny-p

I am a bad boy.

7. ExtraRefined

ExtraRefined Better than you at everything you love

Flaming torches were so much classier than road flares. Today's fascists are naff. I blame football.

frogwoman likes this.
  8. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Hardly getting over it.

Samuel Liddell MacGregor Mathers is not amused.

9. frogwoman

frogwoman лягушкая женщина

im sorry, but i cant take this group seriously with that name.
    golden dawn butter.jpg

10. trabant

trabant Well-Known Member

http://www.enikos.gr/society/42205,Binteo_kai_fwtografies-ntokoymenta_Mpa.html

Attacks today against immigrant street vendors with the police protecting the fash and throwing tear gas. The pictures in the article show that they are tooled up with Iron bars and rocks. Cunts.

edit: This is just one of the attacks that have been going on the last few weeks. About one or two reported daily, against immigrants and antifa/anti-authoritarians in Exarchia.

frogwoman likes this.
  11. manny-p

12. frogwoman

13. frogwoman

can anyone translate this video? some of the footage in it is chilling

Also is there much of an organised anti-fascist movement in greece?

14. copliker

copliker ...

15. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

Arrested twice in a week i think.

16. copliker

copliker ...

What a bizarrely crazed man.

17. Ranbay

Ranbay The same rules apply

Nicked for armed robbey or something i read, waiting to go to court and thats what he was asked about when he chucked the water.

18. where to

where to Well-Known Member

that wont play well. cant see this attention doing them much favours electorally.

latest polls (check greek legislative election 2012 on wikipedia for updates) have ND ahead of Syriza by around 27-26, independent right wing anti austerity crowd down from 10 at last election to 6/7; KKE 5-6; left anti austerity DIMAR at 6; Nazis 4-5; and, perhaps very significantly, 3 pro austerity parties who did not reach 3% cutoff for getting into parliament have joined forces and are getting just over 3%.

oh, and PASOK 14%. nearly forgot about them, lol.

19. goldenecitrone

goldenecitrone post tenebras lux

What a sad little man beating up women on television. Surely people aren't going to vote for these psychopathic dogturds.

Yuwipi Woman and frogwoman like this.
  20. Riklet

Riklet procrastinación

He wants suspending (from the neck) permanently....

Even his fellow boneheads in the Golden Dawn can't think that's a particularly clever thing to do from a PR perspective. "We give out food to old women... oh and erm... attack women live on TV". Nutter.

21. Divisive Cotton

Divisive Cotton Now I just have my toy soldiers

it's pretty much neck and neck:

[​IMG]

22. albionism

albionism A successful virus clinging to a speck of mud.

Terribly sad and scary.
    I tried to view the translated version of this article, but it does not read well, for example "They are now strong police force and space aliens are locked inside the building." ?

23. Divisive Cotton

Divisive Cotton Now I just have my toy soldiers

years ago when I was in Greece I saw this incident in which an African had a stall beside the road had a stall selling bit and pieces

this greek cop took something off the table and kept walking, to which the African responded by grabbing hold of him

the greek cop turned around and pistol whipped him :eek:

this was in the daytime on a fairly busy street

24. nino_savatte

nino_savatte No pasaran!

When I heard the name "Golden Dawn", I thought of Crowley and his chums. ;)

25. Riklet

Riklet procrastinación

Yeats was in that, wasn't he?

So the KKE clings on, still holding tight upon the islands. PapaG's off raising the vanguard's revolutionary standard against the SYRZIA stooge lackey dogs i'll bet...

26. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Hardly getting over it.

Yep.

27. camouflage

camouflage "marginalia".

:D

28. camouflage

camouflage "marginalia".

*sigh*

29. Yuwipi Woman

Yuwipi Woman Whack-A-Mole Queen

I read it as "Golden showers." :oops:

moochedit and nino_savatte like this.
  30. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

Bit more on that recent 12.5% poll rating - this is the latest popularity rating which seems to be different from polling rating

New poll shows popularity of Greece's Golden Dawn at 22 percent