Gloucester City 1-1 Dulwich Hamlet, Saturday 22 December 2018, 3pm

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Noss, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Noss

Noss Well-Known Member

So, who’s in?

I’ve forgotten Paul’s Pink’n’Blues on the Booze so is there a preferred meeting point?

2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I can't make this one. If anyone is going, please take some snaps for the Buzz report!

3. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I'm aiming for the 1122 train off Paddington due at Evesham around 1320, although I may be an hour earlier if I get everything else done in time.

I think there were two pubs I fancied but can't remember the names and will need to check when I get home. The ground looks around a mile and a half from the station and town centre.

Noss likes this.
  4. takkforalt

takkforalt Well-Known Member

Driving from basically Wales. See you at the ground probably

5. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

I can't make this game. Have a good trip everyone!

6. Pink Panther

1122 out of London is carnage, standing room only luckily I was early enough to bag a window seat.

Couldn't find my pub info as I've just moved house and haven't unpacked everything. The Trumpet on Merstow Green sounds promising and it's on the main road to the ground.

7. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

Big Mike Onivwigun is back and debuts for Thompson and Rich-Baghuelou (I think).[​IMG]

8. Pink Panther

Presumably Onovwigun plays at the back with Chambers, Okuonghae and Taylor all injured. Surprised Ming doesn't get into that XI.

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  9. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

It's certainly a little light on the defensive side.

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  10. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

No Kargbo or May either. That's threadbare to say the least!

11. Pink Panther

3-4-1-2 formation: Edwards - Baghuelou, Toure, Onovwigun - Cook, Vose, Ferguson, Green - Clunis - Thompson, Akinyemi.

12. Pink Panther

1-0 Thompson 32 minutes.

editor likes this.
  13. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Up the Hamlet!

14. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

You got a mention on our FGR commentary as it's Radio Glos, our usual commentator pronounced you a good side.

15. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

1-1.

We got turned down for a penalty, the worst decision I have seen on a football pitch.

16. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Kiss My Shiny Metal Ass

Snatched a draw from the jaws of victory eh?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  17. Noss

Noss Well-Known Member

A draw that felt like a defeat.

Obvious penalty denied, but how many points have we thrown away this season with piss-weak defending and/or absence of concentration in the last 20 minutes of the game?

I’m no expert - in fact I barely know what I’m talking about - but doesn’t this mainly come down to on field leadership?

18. Pink Panther

I'd have settled for that result beforehand with the makeshift defence we fielded, but ultimately that's two points dropped. We were given a free kick inches outside the box for a foul on Clunis that was clearly 4 or 5 feet inside, we wasted a couple of good chances to put the game to bed while we were a goal in front for an hour. The equaliser was all too typical, lost the ball on the halfway line and although two or three people got a foot on the ball after that no one managed to break up the counter attack decisively before a forward converted with Edwards exposed. Even after that we nearly snatched victory at the death when a curling shot from the edge of the box bypassed a ruck of players and smacked against the face of the post.

19. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

20. the 12th man

the 12th man Well-Known Member

That was very disappointing, may not have been the greatest performance but we worked hard to get ourselves into a winning position, were then denied a clear penalty which would have put that game to bed.
    I know we fell asleep for their equaliser but poor officiating once again cost us.
    On to Boxing Day and finally a HOME game!