Global cannabis legalisation watch

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by ska invita, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Ming

Ming Massive prawns

I suppose the only good thing about yesterday is weed is now legal for recreational use in every state on the West coast from Alaska to San Diego. And its being made legal for recreational use here in BC next year (if Trudeau keeps his promises). I feel a road trip coming on. Smoke my Brexit/Trump blues away.

purves grundy, ska invita and teqniq like this.
  2. Ming

Ming Massive prawns

3. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

Bat country! But I seem to recall that involved a little more than weed. :D

ruffneck23, ska invita and Ming like this.
  4. Ming

Ming Massive prawns

You haven't seen what's in the glove box yet! But we're making progress. I love that book. The opening few paragraphs are iconic.

5. Mab

Mab Kingston ON Canada

Ming and ska invita like this.
  6. Mab

Mab Kingston ON Canada

Hi fellows/lassies, I have been social worker I guess now for about 16 years in Ontario Canada and many native kids never get to smoke pot but rely n "huffing" --glue in bags. They lack the funds to even buy pot.

Yeah, I see the pot cafes opened ng up in Kingston nesting Ontario. But I would prefer real opium that I could smoke. It is the only thing that has taken me out of this ongoing depression for 28 years-- never mind about your marijuana, please allow those who are desperately sad to help themselves.

The Pale King and Ming like this.
  7. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  8. Ming

Ming Massive prawns

It's going to take ages to get all the T's crossed, etc. There was a business conference here in Vancouver (related to the new commercial opportunities in cannabis) a couple of months ago with Tommy Chong in attendance. Tickets were exorbitantly expensive. All the heads were complaining about weed going corporate. Which it probably will. One big issue is edibles which look like kids sweets when out the packaging (which is a fair point). But while saying all that...WEED'S BEING LEGALISED!!!! :cool:

ska invita likes this.
  9. spliff

spliff New Member

10. spliff

spliff New Member

11. Idaho

Idaho blah blah blah

NoXion and spliff like this.
  12. Idaho

Idaho blah blah blah

The reposte to this line of thinking (legal = approval = more of this sort of thing) is to ask them if they approve of people having a wank while thinking about their mother-in-law. When they confirm that they don't approve, ask what length of custodial sentence it should attract and how we can stamp it out.

purves grundy and NoXion like this.
  13. spliff

spliff New Member

Was just looking at the comments on DFail ^^^ link

14. NoXion

NoXion It's been 600 years...

I think a better line of attack would involve alcohol. It's perfectly legal to quietly sit at home and drink yourself to death, even though sensible types agree that people shouldn't be doing that. Nevertheless, it happens. Prohibiting alcohol wouldn't stop it happening, and in fact would make it more likely to happen because people wouldn't stop drinking (no more than drug prohibition stops them from taking drugs), but would instead drink alcohol procured from illegal sources, which have fewer reasons to care about things like antifreeze or methanol getting in the mix.

The 1930s US had alcohol prohibition. It was also a period notable for its organised crime. This was absolutely not a mere coincidence.

15. ruffneck23

ruffneck23 Well-Known Member

16. spliff

spliff New Member

17. Idaho

Idaho blah blah blah

18. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

19. ruffneck23

20. ruffneck23

21. spliff

spliff New Member

22. Ming

Ming Massive prawns

It's a complicated issue though.

ETA: I didn't emigrate for the weed. But fuuuuuck. This year kind of by accident i've ended up in the soon to be legalised centre of the weed universe. BC ships weed to Humble county.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    ska invita and teqniq like this.
  23. purves grundy

purves grundy ambient clown remix

Ming, spliff, spring-peeper and 2 others like this.
  24. NoXion

I've seen more than one bullshit story doing the rounds on Facebook claiming that Trump will legalise weed. Why the fuck do these stories exist and why do their authors think that anyone will believe them?

25. ska invita

stoned?

26. NoXion

I dunno about anyone else, but no amount of THC is going to make me believe in the possibility of Trump legalising weed. That sort of thing is full-blown delusion in my book. Maaaaaaybe some kind of powerful hallucinogen like acid or mushrooms would do the trick, but considering that when I was last on shrooms, the mere sight of GW Bush talking normally on YouTube was enough to send me into hysterical laughter, I doubt it very much.

27. ska invita

28. spliff

spliff New Member

Uruguay to sell cannabis in pharmacies from July - BBC News

ruffneck23 likes this.
  29. TomUS

TomUS non-resident

War on drugs is back with a vengeance with Trump's attorney general.....turning back the clock continues.
    "How Jeff Sessions Wants To Bring Back the War on Drugs"

30. ska invita

I wonder what internal fights would have to happen for that to pass? Id like to think the boat has sailed

spliff, ruffneck23 and Chemical needs like this.