Global cannabis legalisation watch

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by ska invita, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Libertad

Libertad Would it help?

Or both.

2. Greebo

Greebo 'scuse me, Mrs May, can I have my country back? R.I.P.

Next you'll be wanting jam on it.

3. TomUS

TomUS non-resident

Don't know how pot is classified in the UK but in America it's a "schedule 1 controlled substance"......the same as heroin. :rolleyes: As the DEA says:
    http://www.dea.gov/druginfo/ds.shtml

The people in 4 states and DC disagree. The neanderthals are gradually losing.

coley and Greebo like this.
  4. BigTom

BigTom Well-Known Member

Class B in the UK, along with speed & ket
    Class A is equivalent to Schedule 1, that's where heroin, cocaine & LSD are in the UK.

Greebo likes this.
  5. Callum91

Callum91 Digital dystopian dweller

Greebo likes this.
  6. phildwyer

phildwyer Gorau arf arf dysg

The dam is about to break innit.

Greebo and ruffneck23 like this.
  7. ruffneck23

ruffneck23 Well-Known Member

The war on drugs is as effective as the war on terror, when will they learn ?

Anyway it's only ever been about the opium

Greebo and Callum91 like this.
  8. Well, I'd like to not have to smoke soapbar... All I'm saying on the matter. Turkish/morroccan/Nepalese hash is gold.

Greebo likes this.
  9. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

From FB

[​IMG]

:facepalm:

mod, Idaho, spliff and 4 others like this.
  10. spliff

spliff New Member

I found this in the Business section on the BBC website.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30542646

Edited to add, this is my 5000th post it seems. (Thanks FM) :)

11. Yuwipi Woman

Yuwipi Woman Whack-A-Mole Queen

The guy who filed it is Jon Bruning, our Attorney General. To give you an idea about his character, he's famous for referring to welfare recipients as "scrabbling raccoons." They're claiming that legalization in Colorado costs the surrounding states more in enforcement costs. If you look at the 2014 stats, it shows that marijuana arrests are down by 50% in Nebraska. In other words, he's a lying sack of crap. Its costing us less.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  12. Ming

Ming Massive prawns

So Washington is still legal? Cool! I live 10 miles from the border!

ska invita likes this.
  13. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

lol at that police tape!

albionism and purves grundy like this.
  14. Kesher

Kesher #Cookie Jar

Enviro, BigTom, Greebo and 3 others like this.
  15. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Greebo likes this.
  16. Idaho

Idaho blah blah blah

It's been a terrible disaster. Several children and dogs have accidentally eaten cannabis food when this NEVER happened before (or at least no news agency wrote an article on it).

We have yet to see if the terrible consequences in Portugal will be repeated: lower chronic use with slightly higher occasional use - TERRIFYING!

Enviro and Greebo like this.
  17. Greebo

Greebo 'scuse me, Mrs May, can I have my country back? R.I.P.

OMG mostly the same things which happened with alcohol at the end of Prohibition - run!

Idaho likes this.
  18. ska invita

interesting story

Associated Press= CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — The case of an Australian father who is facing prison for allegedly giving his cancer-stricken 2-year-old daughter cannabis to relieve her pain has triggered a groundswell of momentum for a campaign to legalize marijuana for medical purposes in the country.
    The 30-year-old father, who cannot be named under Australian law, was arrested outside his daughter's hospital in Brisbane on Jan. 2 for allegedly putting cannabis oil in her food. He was charged with supplying a dangerous drug to a minor and faces up to 25 years in prison if convicted.
    An online petition calling on the Queensland state Premier Campbell Newman to intervene on the father's behalf had more than 155,000 supporters on Thursday.
    Sen. Richard Di Natale, health spokesman for the minor Greens Party, a leading advocate for legal medical marijuana and a former doctor, said the case is helping turn Australians against a blanket ban on marijuana.
    "I've been surprised that the issue (medical marijuana) within the Australian community is as big an issue as it clearly is," Di Natale said Thursday.
    At the father's first court appearance, a magistrate released him on bail but barred him from any contact with his daughter, who was recently diagnosed with advanced neuroblastoma, a type of cancer that is almost exclusive to babies and children.
    The court relaxed the father's bail conditions last week, allowing him to visit his daughter in the hospital under medical supervision. He is to return to court on Feb. 23. He has yet to enter a plea.
    A small crowd of medical cannabis advocates held a rally outside last week's court session. A small group of mothers of terminally ill children held a similar demonstration this week outside the state health department.
    "As a mom, all I want is quality of life for my child because the drugs have just done nothing for him," said demonstrator Rozanne Burley, whose teenage son has a form of intractable epilepsy called Dravet's syndrome.

more http://www.theguardian.com/world/feedarticle/11749750

Enviro, Greebo and twentythreedom like this.
  19. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/22/jamaica-considers-cannabis-legalisation

Enviro, Idaho, Greebo and 2 others like this.
  20. Idaho

Idaho blah blah blah

I just hope the pendulum has enough momentum this time. It seems to. Germany is the key. If they make steps, then it must be finally happening.

Greebo likes this.
  21. Idaho

Idaho blah blah blah

22. Mumbles274

Mumbles274 running from law and the press and the parents

Sorry, not really a reader of the thread so apologies if has been posted, but I went to a screening of this film tonight, The Culture High.. worth a watch if you want to spend the couple of quid to see it. A well made film that covers the the arguments well and a positive contribution

From Director/Writer Brett Harvey comes “The Culture High”, a riveting story that tears into the very fibre of modern day marijuana prohibition to reveal the truth behind the arguments and motives governing both those who support and oppose the existing pot laws.

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/culturehigh/107305488

Libertad and Greebo like this.
  23. ska invita

Aussie state gives go-ahead to medicinal cannabis trial
    http://rt.com/news/207663-australia-nsw-medical-marijuana/

Enviro, BigTom and Greebo like this.
  24. spliff

spliff New Member

25. nino_savatte

nino_savatte No pasaran!

Greebo, BigTom and Idaho like this.
  26. Idaho

Idaho blah blah blah

Watch the cases of schizophrenia soar.

Idris2002 and BigTom like this.
  27. spliff

spliff New Member

A sweet story about Uruguay's outgoing President and old cars.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-31690385
    Placed in this thread because of the last paragraph.

Greebo likes this.
  28. purves grundy

purves grundy ambient clown remix

Not really a setback, but more an indication of how legalisation can open the way to new forms of legislation and control. (Did Foucault smoke?)

http://www.thecannabist.co/2015/03/09/aurora-considering-ban-types-private-hash-production/31320/

29. Yuwipi Woman

Yuwipi Woman Whack-A-Mole Queen

J Ed and Greebo like this.
  30. spliff

spliff New Member

purves grundy and Greebo like this.