Discussion in 'festivals' started by Riff, Oct 1, 2018.
That sounds amazing. Enjoy.
In other news, had a card through the door for an item requiring a signature last Friday. Picked up the mofos yesterday.
Well, we can tell Pilton festival is just around the corner
It's been raining
We live 3 miles from the main entrance
Hope you all have fun - and try to keep the noise down there'll be people trying to kip Saturday night
hammerntongues that sounds like quite the adventure, keep is updated
The FWS tube map is done:
Mine came today
I am heading for Coxbridge , where are you ?
Glad people are starting to get their tickets!
I'm told that the app is available to DL
Maybe a bit late and bit unlikely but anyone know any work going at Glasto this year?
Willing to give whatever a try and im fully available before and afterwards.
Weather update: brief, yet torrential, rain this morning - ground is still firm underfoot at Shepton Mallet
Not sure I'm going to want weather updates, still less forecasts**, over the next two weeks
**Will try to minimise them unless they improve, this year
Packed and due to leave in the morning , weather looks a bit iffy but in 2 weeks there is sure to be done wet days and it is Glastonbury after all .
Will try and post every day or two .
Liked for the firm underfoot, but I'm another one that won't be looking at weather forecasts too much! We had heavy hail this morning, about 60 miles away.
Umm! We're 3 miles from the main gate and can hear the boom boom from the stages while lying in our bedroom at night
So the good news - it's been a lovely sunny day from mid day onwards
WoW seems to have his own location near Pussy Parlure
Enjoy the walk, you luck so-and so. Will you be in the vicinity of Avebury on the 21st?
Also, a tip I heard from others who have done long distance walks - when you have completed a section and no longer require that particular map, post it home rather than continue to carry it when you no longer need to.
I have bought the most important OS maps but what I didn’t know until last week was that all recent purchases allow you to download on to an OS app . The app also allows you to plot routes and “ alarms “ when you go the wrong way ( heard it a couple of times over the last 2 days , it’s great for what I’m doing and as you say you can leave some weight behind .
Managed 16 miles from my home to Brentwood yesterday with my wife and another miserable wet 18 through Upminster , Rainham and Dagenham today on my own
Tomorrow a friend joins me to walk under Woolwich tunnel and on to Battersea , another 18 miler . Aching a bit tonight but still
Edited as too dark for this thread
dont suppose, anyone here is driving from London on Tuesday evening or Wednesday, and has room for a little un, please?
dont ask ya dont get and all that.....
It's my actual venue in Silver Hayes (dance area), where obvs I hang out all the times with my kewlest mates
Dropping choons etc.
We had our Info Crew training in Bristol on the Sunday just gone. No really big changes, but we were reminded of a few things that some of us were already picking up on :
Here's a list of some of the main changes I can think of :
1. Block 9 hugely expanded -- the two fields it now will ocupy will add up to about three times the space it occupied last time in its smaller, single field.
2. Glasto Latino, previously in the larger of the above two fields (Clapps Grpund) will now be in West Holts.
3. Angle of the main West Holts Stage has apparantly been turned around somewhat, the stage will now face a slightly different direction.
4. Pangia (huge crane once at Avonmouth Docks) instead of Spider in Arcadia. Arcadia field generally much expanded.
5. Several changes to the various venues in The Park area. With some new ones added.
6. Huge new Seaside Pier at the top of Pennards Hill!
7. The new Co-Op "supermarket" will be next door to the Medical Centre just off the Western end of the Old Railway Track. It will not sell alcohol!
8. The Co-Op will be the sponsors of the new giveaway cloth tote bags that festivalgoers will get when they come in ... So we won't be selling that type of bag on the Info Stalls, and afterwards on the Monday, as we did in 2017 with very difficult sales ... The design of our bag was great, but people moaned and mithered to us about having to pay (a whole £4=!! ), as if we (Info Crew) were at fault .... Yeo Valley were the former sponsors up to 2016, and had withdrawn their bag sponsorship prior to the 2017 fest.
Let's hope the new bags will be a nice design anyway
Festtivaldeb and I also now have our tickets, on-site vehicle pass and shifts!
We weren't expecting to be given these straight after the training, but as the Bristol training was for the last group, our bosses saw no reason to hang on to the stuff and waste cash posting them.
I've texted the shifts to some already, but I see no reason why I shouldn't post them up here as well.
I will do that very soon
Seen an official post on FB asking workers not to post any site build photos before the public gain access so as not to spoil any design surprises
Hmm but there's a BBC webcam doing just that. Not in any great detail, but there nonetheless.
Two weeks today I'll be wibbling at the Cider Bus satisfied in the knowledge that I'll not need to do any more treks to the car until the following Monday.
1) That's gonna be great. Loving the sound of the new stuff. Block 9 is madly overcrowded at times (despite many, possibly most, punters still thinking they're in Shangri-La ), so bigger will absorb that nicely.
2) That could be good, as long as it doesn't impinge on West Holts too much space wise. Perhaps it replaces that massive bar there?
3) They've tinkered with the angle of that stage a few times before. Always seems to work fine. Hope it doesn't alter the acoustics, which are the best on site .
4) This is good. Spider getting tired. Plus it looks a bit silly out in the open during the day I've always thought. I think Arcadia worked a thousand times better when it was in the SE corner, but i can understand why they moved it.
5) This just looks so good. The Park is actually going to be hot after dark this year with all the messy jazz stuff in the new venues. I'm actually looking forward to this as much as anything else.
6) Joe Rush ftw. Though his stuff is great when it's great, but sometimes a bit of a damp squid. It's gorgeous how the festival just gets him and supports him, and puts him on big style regardless of his triumphs and failures. I think they know he's part of the soul of the place.
7) The game-changer with this is that they will (whisper it) sell ice!
8) Meh (sorry )
We'll be back at our usual Info Point, called "Green Info" -- but this, ours, is not to be confused with Green Fields Information. The latter is actually in the Green Futures Field on the main drag up towards the Stone Circle. Our Info Point is just below the crossroads between this main uphill drag and the Old Railway Line.
Opposite Manic Organic (which I doubt will have moved ) and next to the Shepherds Ice Cream stall (whose staff are very nice ).
Anyway, our shifts -- with one possible exception, festivaldeb and i will be working together on the same shifts :
Wednesday 26th June : Noon to 4 pm
Thursday 27th June : Noon to 4 pm
Friday 28th June : 8 am to Noon
Saturday 29th June : Noon to 4 pm
Sunday 30th June : 8 pm to Midnight
I'm going to try to swap the late Sunday shift with an earlier one that day -- I really want to see The Cure!
ETA : NB : Dates now corrected!!
Separate names with a comma.