1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glastonbury 2017

Discussion in 'festivals' started by Riff, Sep 22, 2016.

1. paolo

paolo Well-Known Member

Not really.

The classic ZHC is treating what are essentially full time staff, as freelancers.

The litter pick is temporary work... it's finite, unlike working in retail or hospitality.

disco_dave_2000 and cupid_stunt like this.
  2. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

Damn, how did I sleep on Ho99o9? They look amazing! And now I have a genuine Glastonbury 2017 regret :(.

(video is potentially a bit disturbing)

3. phillm

phillm Trolling through Life (TM)

4. JTG

JTG Angry about not being able to be an astronaut.

email received from GFEL says that there was an 80% reduction in abandoned tents and the Love The Farm crew stopped 6750 people from peeing on the land

5. cupid_stunt

cupid_stunt Handle with care.

That must be fun. :hmm:

6. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

It was really noticeable how much tidier the farm was on the Monday. I was a bit :eek: tbh.

7. JTG

JTG Angry about not being able to be an astronaut.

It's easy. You just let em know that you've seen them

8. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

They do indeed have a lot of fun:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rutita1 likes this.
  9. Whagwan

Whagwan Well-Known Member

Doesn't stop people pissing on our front of house and claiming they can't see a toilet...

10. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Get a big spotlight and if that doesn't work, electrify your fence.

11. Whagwan

Whagwan Well-Known Member

Unfortunately electrified herras is off the menu for West Holts.

It's not something I have to encounter too much to be thankful but it's amazing the way I can pretty much guarantee if we have to retrieve a sound desk at 1/2am there will generally be a pisser there. And it is genuinely a longer walk from the path than the bloody toilets. .

12. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

80%??? That's great :) but I'm surprised the reduction was quite that high. I was struck myself by the smaller number of abandoned tents on Monday, but there still seemed a fair few around ...

Also, I reckon Shangri La's theme this year could have hit home with plenty, more than the official messages.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017 at 7:52 PM
    disco_dave_2000 and alsoknownas like this.