Glastonbury 2017

Discussion in 'festivals' started by Riff, Sep 22, 2016.

1. paolo

paolo Well-Known Member

Not really.

The classic ZHC is treating what are essentially full time staff, as freelancers.

The litter pick is temporary work... it's finite, unlike working in retail or hospitality.

disco_dave_2000 and cupid_stunt like this.
  2. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

Damn, how did I sleep on Ho99o9? They look amazing! And now I have a genuine Glastonbury 2017 regret :(.

(video is potentially a bit disturbing)

3. phillm

phillm Trolling through Life (TM)

4. JTG

JTG Angry about not being able to be an astronaut.

email received from GFEL says that there was an 80% reduction in abandoned tents and the Love The Farm crew stopped 6750 people from peeing on the land

5. cupid_stunt

cupid_stunt Dyslexic King Cnut the Great.

That must be fun. :hmm:

6. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

It was really noticeable how much tidier the farm was on the Monday. I was a bit :eek: tbh.

7. JTG

JTG Angry about not being able to be an astronaut.

It's easy. You just let em know that you've seen them

8. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

They do indeed have a lot of fun:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rutita1 likes this.
  9. Doesn't stop people pissing on our front of house and claiming they can't see a toilet...

10. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Get a big spotlight and if that doesn't work, electrify your fence.

11. Unfortunately electrified herras is off the menu for West Holts.

It's not something I have to encounter too much to be thankful but it's amazing the way I can pretty much guarantee if we have to retrieve a sound desk at 1/2am there will generally be a pisser there. And it is genuinely a longer walk from the path than the bloody toilets. .

12. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

80%??? That's great :) but I'm surprised the reduction was quite that high. I was struck myself by the smaller number of abandoned tents on Monday, but there still seemed a fair few around ...

Also, I reckon Shangri La's theme this year could have hit home with plenty, more than the official messages.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    disco_dave_2000 and alsoknownas like this.
  13. Riff

Riff B@nned from eGofestivals

Not getting up to endure "ticket panic" this morning. Which is nice.

14. Athos

Athos Well-Known Member

True. But I'd have endured it to be going next year!

William of Walworth likes this.
  15. Riff

Just re-watching the highlights from 2017 on i-Player. Is that you in the Earache Tube Stage at 1.14 in, William of Walworth?

16. William of Walworth

I've no idea .... :confused: that's because I'm not signed in to iPlayer on this PC, and signing up is what you now need it seems :mad:

I'll try to remember to sort out that when I have time ... :hmm:

17. Riff

Can't help feeling there's something missing from today...

18. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

Looking back I now realise I have, without exaggeration, had both my very best, and my very worst Burrito at Glastonbury (best in 2013, worst in 2017).

Voley and colacubes like this.
  19. William of Walworth

The weather is nailed on to be absolutely cracking for Glastonbury, this weekend ......

:) :cool: (but also :mad: ;) )

Eva Luna likes this.
  20. William of Walworth

We were on site last weekend, on Saturday 16th.

The experience of walking around Worthy Farm with only me, festivaldeb, paolo , Eva Luna and no-me else (bar a couple of other disoriented wanderers), and otherwise (virtually) nothing festivally there (something I'd never done before :eek: ) freaked me out big style :hmm: ....

The site layout was obviously very familar, with all the concrete roads, field boundaries, old railway track etc. in all the right places, but the fields themselves seemed so much smaller :(

Just one or two bits of festival evidence to be seen, the Pyramid as a scaffold structure :D and the pirate ship in the Greenpeace field, as it currently isn't.

And they don't remove the Stone Circle in Kings Meadow between times :p ... they've even left one set of longdrops at the foot of the field just like something's going to be actually happening ... :)

But nice as it is that the Eavises don't mind us wandering around, I don't want to go back again until there's a few more people there ...... :confused:

newbie likes this.
  21. newbie

newbie undisambiguated

this background sensation that there's something I ought to be doing....

22. Riff

We've done it a couple of times. It's easy to find your way around if you know the Site as well as we do. I take it the showers at the bottom of the Kids Field have gone? They were looking rather worse for wear. Hope Goose Hall is still there!

Got to agree with you about how much smaller the fields look when empty, but most notably, Jazzworld.

23. William of Walworth

Goose Hall is still there but we didn't get near enough to see if those showers were still in place.

And it was Jazzworld I was thinking of!! when I mentioned smallness of fields :(

I don't want to be going to the empty farm again, I felt faintly downhearted by seeing it in such an unnatural state ;) :p </citydweller :D >

Riff and cupid_stunt like this.
  24. cupid_stunt

cupid_stunt Dyslexic King Cnut the Great.

That reminds me of a few years ago, at one of the bottleneck bridge crossings between two fields, when I over heard some city dweller saying, 'you would have thought they could found somewhere better than a farm for the festival', to which I responded, 'what like a village hall?'.

I mean, where else could you stage something so fucking big?

William of Walworth and Riff like this.