1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glastonbury 2017

Discussion in 'festivals' started by Riff, Sep 22, 2016.

1. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

Thanks so much for those kind words Gerry1time :oops:
    Will you get a bit more time off this year? We need to meet up/have pints for a bit longer than we've managed at recent fests ...

alsoknownas : Info crew is a really nice job which we're very lucky to have. Our team leaders at the Green Info point** are very kind and friendly, as well as highly knowledgeable and professional. We answer peoples' questions collaboratively as a shift team, helping each other out when we need to which is often. It's often very intense work while we're on shift, but we get a fair bit of time off too. Ahead of the festival opening, we walk around all over site for a couple of days to get ourselves familar with locations of new things, because so many of our questions are of the 'How do I find venue or stall X?' variety. Plus some more complicated ones at times ...

**Just below the crossroads between the old railway line and the main uphill drag. We've been at that Info point for the last three years and hope to be back there again (who knows?). Not to be confused with the Green Futures Field's own information tent in the field above, We have a good relationship with them and we both refer some questioners to each other sometimes, same also with Festival Welfare nearby, because now and again someone with a question is really someone needing more help than just information ...

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    wiskey and alsoknownas like this.
  2. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

Thanks William of Walworth . I imagine you need a pretty encyclopedic knowledge of the festie to do the job (of which I have, perhaps, a chapter), but is the role, in your opinion, something that someone could work towards doing?

3. wiskey

wiskey Albatross Admirer

Nepotism will serve you well.

William of Walworth likes this.
  4. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

Well, I was going to ask about the 'culture' around the role, cos I do know that some things are run as a kind of 'closed shop'. Fortunately there are plenty of opportunities to get to know people during, and especially in the run-up to, the festival.

5. wiskey

wiskey Albatross Admirer

Yep, work on it this year, pick up the leads next year

alsoknownas likes this.
  6. ferrelhadley

ferrelhadley colourless green ideas sleep furiously

guess.jpg

A band called "On a Friday".

Here they are a hot tip too see for this years Glastonbury.

Riff and Voley like this.
  7. wiskey

wiskey Albatross Admirer

Fuck radiohead off and see something new and interesting.

8. pesh

pesh Well-Known Member

i think thats what their sound engineer did at Coachella over the weekend.

wiskey and colacubes like this.
  9. William of Walworth

I quite want to see Radiohead again, but as they appear generally reluctant to do their old style numbers from the nineties, I'll most likely bugger off to see a more interesting band in some smaller tent.

That's the easy way forward kids :D :)

10. William of Walworth

No-one from our families ever go there ;) :D :p :oops:

11. wiskey

wiskey Albatross Admirer

Not my fault you have sub par relatives :D

12. wiskey

wiskey Albatross Admirer

The best thing about radiohead is the scala & kolacny brothers version of Creep imo

13. Spod

Spod Well-Known Member

It is a thing of beauty. As is their cover of U2 - with or without you.

wiskey likes this.
  14. William of Walworth

Missed this post previously. To answer that last question. I have severe doubts, because it's become really tough to get on our crew in recent festivals especially, and we're a relatively small crew too.

But never absolutely say never altogether -- let's have a pint/chat onsite :)

alsoknownas likes this.
  15. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

Yes, I had figured that might be the case. I'm really thinking about it long term, as a sort of semi-retirement plan, if that makes any sense :D. Would love to catch up :thumbs:.

16. Boudicca

Boudicca Seaside Queen

Just got an email from National Express, offering a chance to win two tickets to Glastonbury, but you have to be already registered with the festival to enter.

Link here

17. Riff

Riff B@nned from eGofestivals

18. paolo

paolo Well-Known Member

My usual gig got confirmed today, so I'll see you all again on the farm in June

19. William of Walworth

I hope anyone who tried had The Luck earlier.

Also, the general ticket re-release will be at 9 am on Sunday 23rd April -- this very weekend. Good luck to all with that one, also :)

20. William of Walworth

:) :cool: :)

Hope our friend(s) -- especially in that other area -- also do well ;) :)

21. William of Walworth

22. William of Walworth

23. William of Walworth

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  24. disco_dave_2000

disco_dave_2000 la la lapland

woo hoo - managed to get a ticket (well my missus did) in the re-sale - just had to let that out :)

25. sim667

sim667 Licking windows on the 303 bus.

Glad to see that Glastonbury are hiring the Creme de la creme of security guards.

Attached Files:

26. paolo

paolo Well-Known Member

Worth an email to office@glastonburyfestivals.co.uk

They've had problems with dodgy security in the past, but crew chit chat suggests that the festival does try to stop it. Can't see a post like that going down well at the farm.

27. William of Walworth

sim667 -- Thanks for that --

It's bang out of order -- I hope the Festival gets to hear about it and take action :mad: :hmm:

28. JTG

JTG Angry about not being able to be an astronaut.

29. William of Walworth

I know ? :( .....
    Trying to ignore that. Have seen better Avalon line-ups all round before this year's.
    But there'll probably be more and better acts at the Cafe perhaps .... and elsewhere in the area. Hope so!

30. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

I usually have a few exciting things to see at Avalon, but that is not a very inspiring line-up to be honest.

eta: having said that, I often stumble upon stuff I'm not previously aware of there and in Avalon cafe, etc.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017