Glasgow Celtic 2018/19: Hoops Dreams

Discussion in 'football' started by imposs1904, Jul 10, 2018.

1. starfish

starfish No dialogue. Just plot.

Very dominant performance. Laugherty & Shagger acting like cunts again. Normal service is restored.

2. friedaweed

friedaweed Sitting down for a wee

Badgers likes this.
  3. imposs1904

imposs1904 Thread Killa'

A hero yesterday, but that's no excuse for that shocker of a tracksuit:

ntcham.jpg

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

starfish likes this.
  4. Fedayn

Fedayn Well-Known Member

The 'blame late fans' has already started even though it has been shown it was an issue half an hour before the game started..... Police and Celtic will be involved in investigating the police response. Calls for an independent enquiry already being made. An MSP, James Kelly, who moved the bill to remove the Offensive Behaviour Act, has rightly called for a wide ranging independent enquiry into to the Police police football fans in Scotland.
    The Celtic Trust are already collecting statements from fans who were there.

As it says an already arranged meeting will likely focus on this, it was the lead news item on Scottish News programmes last night. Celtic made a bawz up by merely repeating police comments about normal/best practise and Police Scotland are so far refusing to be interviewed on camera instead relying on glib empty press statements.

MrSpikey, starfish and friedaweed like this.
  5. friedaweed

friedaweed Sitting down for a wee

Bit frightening mate in this day and age isn't it? Good to see some swift action from the fans groups. Hope you get some statements from those in charge nailed down early on ;)

starfish and Fedayn like this.
  6. Sasaferrato

Sasaferrato Thank fuck it's not over.

If Celtic want 10 in a row, they have trouble from an unexpected direction.

Last night was a disgrace, today's results see them five points and six goals adrift.

Heart of Midlothian, Heart of Midlothian, I love you, I truly do. Every now and then, you repay my fifty years of faith. :D

Makes it a more interesting league too. :)

sealion and starfish like this.
  7. starfish

I wouldnt say unexpected. We thought you or the sheep shaggers would give a challenge this year & i for one welcome it. It needs to be more interesting but dont get ahead of yourself. Remember when we broke your Hearts in 86 ;)

8. Sasaferrato

That day in 86 I was in Rinteln in Germany at the British Military Hospital.

There had been a bomb and a shooting at Gutersloh, so we were on high alert. Because it was a weekend, we had to guard the hospital until our assigned protection took over on Monday.

I had just cleaned and loaded my SLR* prior to going out on prowl guard, when the results came on the radio. On hearing the results, one of the guard was leaping up and down on his bed cheering. Just for a picosecond... :D It's only a game to me, it isn't worth shouting at someone about, never mind hitting them, sadly I've come across one or two who may have pulled the trigger. :(

*Not cocked, safety on.

Oh, and yes, of course, a lot of season still to go. You must be dreading the next game with Livingston though. :D

The other week, the top three were the team I support, the town I was born in and the town I live in.:)

starfish likes this.
  9. starfish

That was painful to watch last night at times. Still a wins a win.

Pickman's model likes this.
  10. imposs1904

imposs1904 Thread Killa'

I hate the possession stuff.

11. Fedayn

Fedayn Well-Known Member

The Green Brigade annual Food Drive will take place before the home match Vs Hearts on November 3rd.

This will be the 6th consecutive year we have appealed to the rest of the Celtic support to help people of Glasgow and beyond in the run up to Christmas, and each time it has been met by an overwhelming response.

Last year, a massive 19 tonnes of food was distributed across the city, with a further £14,000 making its way up and down Scotland. These donations have, in some cases, literally kept food banks from closure; the difference we all make as a support cannot be underestimated.

Once again, we will look to donate a sum of money to Scottish Action for Refugees, while also supporting ‘The Invisibles’ charity to help the homeless community in Glasgow.

Our Food Drive initiative has been a huge success year on year and is comfortably the biggest of its kind in Scotland – simply down to the sheer generosity and goodwill of the Celtic fans. We are hopeful that this collection will be no different, and we will once again be grateful for any donations made, no matter how big or small.

“A football club will be formed for the maintenance of dinner tables for the children and the unemployed”

[​IMG]

12. imposs1904

imposs1904 Thread Killa'

Sorry to repeat myself.

13. starfish

That was rather fucking awful.

14. Sasaferrato

My home town did the business. :D Hearts shouldn't have dropped a point though, but all in all, very satisfying.:)

Wish I'd bet a grand with the bookie that Hearts would be top six games in. :)

sealion likes this.
  15. Sasaferrato

Now six points... I've no doubt that the wheels will come off for Hearts at some point, we have a horrible habit of first half of the season brilliance, and second half woefulness.

16. LiamO

LiamO Well-Known Member

Yes Dear. You do.

17. starfish

Good win yesterday. Needed that. Table is looking interesting after Livis win today :)

imposs1904 and Pickman's model like this.
  18. starfish

19. Sasaferrato

It is indeed. Hearts, Hibs, Livingston and Kilmarnock... who would have thought it?

A lot of season still to go.

starfish likes this.
  20. starfish

Oh ffs :facepalm: it was coming but still ffs.

21. imposs1904

imposs1904 Thread Killa'

Gubbed by the better team.

22. LiamO

LiamO Well-Known Member

Can't 'like' that... but it is, sadly, true.

23. starfish

Our movement & passing just seemed laboured compared to theirs but its been like that in Europe for a while now.

24. starfish

Now why cant we play like that in Europe!

25. imposs1904

imposs1904 Thread Killa'

Because St Johnstone didn't qualify for Europe.

Pickman's model and LiamO like this.
  26. imposs1904

imposs1904 Thread Killa'

Rogic is too good for Scottish football. If he could last for 90 minutes in a game, he'd be lighting up one of the bigger leagues.

27. starfish

Lets hope he lights up the Europa League this week then.

28. starfish

We get pressed too high to play the way Rodgers wants in Europe. Same thing every game.

29. starfish

What a goal.

imposs1904 likes this.
  30. imposs1904

imposs1904 Thread Killa'

Soft penalty but it's against Hearts, so I don't care. Got to feel sorry for their goalkeeper for the second goal, 'cos he made three or four excellent saves.

I honestly thought Hearts was going to win this, so I'm happy to be (davie) provan wrong.

angusmcfangus and starfish like this.