1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glasgow Celtic 2016/17

Discussion in 'football' started by imposs1904, Jul 12, 2016.

1. starfish

starfish No dialogue. Just plot.

Now thats just taking the fucking pish.

2. unrepentant85

unrepentant85 Dílis d'ar nOidreacht

One more and the sound is going off, I have Narcos to watch.

3. imposs1904

imposs1904 Thread Killa'

Last Saturday seems like a lifetime ago.

4. starfish

And i could have gone to the Brighton game tonight instead.

Pickman's model likes this.
  5. starfish

Barca would have ripped any team a new one playing like that. We didnt help our cause to be fair but they were like the Harlem fucking Globetrotters at times.

unrepentant85 likes this.
  6. unrepentant85

They got absolutely hammered by fans and catalan press after their loss at the weekend. While we were probably always going to lose they all put in an extra special effort to make amends.

7. starfish

And we put a lot of effort into humbling the huns :D at the weekend & were a bit jaded from it.
    Its a sore one to take but im a realist so am quite accepting of it. We are not in Barcas class & tbh we got lucky back in 2012. Better teams than us have had bad losses, Brazil v Germany anyone, & bounced back.

Hail Hail

8. unrepentant85

From Catalonia to Caledonia.

Hopefully no euro hangover. Happy with the squad although really not convinced by De Vries. No better than Gordon or Bailly.

9. starfish

Sloppy again at the weekend. We really need our defence sorted right now. A Celtic forum im on have been blaming John Kennedy for a while, reckon he should have gone with Ronny.

Interesting semi for us.

10. unrepentant85

I would completely concur with them as I have been saying the same since ronnys departure was announced. Defence was a major issue last season and we are still seeing some of the same frailties this season.

Griff starts from the bench today, hopefully he gets on for a decent spell at some point.

11. starfish

That was a game & a half. Shame we kept on letting thrm catch up. Shows we're not to be underestimated though.

unrepentant85 and angusmcfangus like this.
  12. Jurrihahay

Jurrihahay Banned Banned

Fair play to Celtic. Expected a hard game and we got one. City couldn't make their quality count. Missed De Bruyne badly tonight.

starfish and angusmcfangus like this.
  13. imposs1904

imposs1904 Thread Killa'

In the circumstances, a good result for Celtic. All the pundits were predicting a cricket score for Man City, and I half-believed them.

14. heinous seamus

heinous seamus til clay-cauld death shall blind my ee

Great stuff from Celtic. They shouldn't be getting anywhere near City with the difference in budgets.

15. Jurrihahay

Jurrihahay Banned Banned

A big budget doesn't necessarily mean that less expensive teams don't sometimes give you a hard time. With the players and manager they've got, Celtic are hardly a pub team.
    After winning ten in a row, City were bound to slip up sometime. I somehow knew it would be last night.

juice_terry and twistedAM like this.
  16. passenger

passenger up and down...

17. starfish

From the look of some highlights i saw of saturday Kieran Tierney has been inspired by the wee man above.

Eta i mean wee Dembele mentioned above, not god.

angusmcfangus likes this.
  18. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Starry Wisdom

19. starfish

Ha ha
    Ha ha
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha
    Ha ha
    Ha ha
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha

20. starfish

FB_IMG_1477331584335.jpg

"Aye so it fucking is ya walloper."
    J. Starfish

unrepentant85 likes this.
  21. unrepentant85

Kris Commons. Will he ever play again? I know he is getting on a bit and possibly is keen on a greggs occasionally but he has been a fine servant. Surely he could have made the bench against the minnows on Sunday or even against Ross County tonight. I love the squad now and the depth we have but would be nice to see him get a look in.

Might be a tricky one for us tonight, we always have it tough in the highlands and Rodgers has made 8 changes.
    (Edit : Or maybe not, 1-0 after 2 mins)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
    starfish likes this.
  22. starfish

Took their time to get the rest though. 3 goals in the last 7+ minutes.

23. starfish

24. starfish

Could have snatched that at the end. I think thats us done in Europe for the season now.

25. starfish

26. starfish

Not as bad as last time and Dembele had another great chance to equalise.

27. starfish

Chance for first silverware of the season & our 100th trophy in all. COYBIG.

28. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

2-0 game over. Time for exhibition stuff and a singsong (He said tempting fate :) ).

Acoustics seem well good at Hampden these days - well, at the Celtic end anyway. i've only heard one song from the Shepherds.

29. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

And the huddle right on cue.

That should give the foundations of the stadium a good test.

30. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

3-0. Party time