1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glade 2007 20-22 July

Discussion in 'festivals' started by Tort, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Tort

Tort Well-Known Member

Not that I was necessarily thinking of going but may be of interest to some.

News Article

2. Dubversion

Dubversion Gorn Banned

oh fuck it :(

3. max_freakout

max_freakout Nothing matters

4. fogbat

fogbat The Talibum

Aww, fuck. :mad:

5. wiskey

wiskey Albatross Admirer

thats a shame i really enjoyed working last year

6. Pieface

Pieface New Member

that is shit. It was SO damn good last year :(

7. perplexis

perplexis A change of scene, a change of style....

Fucking bollocks. :(
    It was a good festival too. What a total shame.
    Crap.
    Put a downer on a nice Friday too :(
    BLERGH :mad:

8. david dissadent

david dissadent New Member

Missing Bangface tonight and this....

Heard it earlier but bummer.

9. psycherelic

psycherelic I'm not an old hippy!

:( Was planning on going as a punter this year :(

10. Dubversion

Dubversion Gorn Banned

we'd blagged it again too :(

11. Dask

Dask Rebel Intelligence

I enjoyed the first glade I went to (2005) but last years I was really put off by the Security, to the point that I didn't think I'd bother to go again.

Who needs a bunch of psy trance trustafarians anyway? :D

Bring on Glastonbury!

12. Dask

Dask Rebel Intelligence

13. david dissadent

14. wiskey

wiskey Albatross Admirer

15. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

I'd recently heard that the organisers, or someone, had fucked up some aspect of the licence application paperwork (I've now read Tort's link and understand better) but even in that Newbury Today story, it doesn't look like a definite cancellation. I'd never heard that it was up til now.

So the possibility of it being reinstated must be a relief for those who want to go .,..

Fingers crossed for you.

16. spoone

spoone club sandwiches not seals

if its really cancelled that sucks - i was looking foward to going this year, its shortly after i turn 18

17. art of fact

art of fact wavvvey

a shitter indeed... gonna concentrate on going glastonbury now me tinks

18. DJ Squelch

DJ Squelch King Of Insides

Whats going on with that 07.07.07 Antiworld festie? Is it still a goer?

I think Glade 07 will still happen. Most people seem to think this aplication failure is only temporary.

19. Pieface

Pieface New Member

article mentions something about the time it would take to get a re-application approved would mean they only had 2 months to arrange the whole thing once given the definite go ahead. Fingers crossed and that but it sounds like they're scuppered - 2 months isn't enough time.

20. david dissadent

On Efests are reporting that a conversation with an orginiser today they stated it was deffinently going ahead.

21. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

Just checked this over there.

It's possible Mr Piper is being overoptimistic about how quickly he and his co-organisers can get a renewed licence applicatiuon together (I take PieEye's point on that).. But I suppose his confidence means there's more than a little hope, and that contradicts the impression given in that Newbury Today story that the Glade's cancellation is a near definite.

22. david dissadent

Yeah its not dead just on life support. I am now giving alot of thought to ditching Glade and Womad this year and doing Sziget instead.

Ill have a descion this weekend as transport is still kinda cheep.

23. Pieface

Pieface New Member

that is good news - I'm just going on a detail in that story anyway. I do hope they sort it out!!

24. TylerD

TylerD out of space

Functional Biff (one of the Glade organisers and Breaksday head honcho) is also on record as saying that the article is inaccurate:

Biff speaks

This knock-back was known about for two weeks, it's being dealt with and there's no sign of them throwing in the towel just yet. But all someone has to do is post a link from a local rag (with a history of wrong predictions about Glade***) and mass panic breaks out on the internet! :D

It is a setback obviously - delays affect bookings, equipment hire etc - but not an insurmountable one.

Nick Ladd, another organiser, has been talking of Devon as a fallback option in case Wasing falls through anyway. A couple of other things - he says there'll be a techno tent and the Roots Tent, which is about the origins of dance music and will have a big element of live bands.

*** The Newbury Weekly News also confidently told its readers that Glade 2006 wouldn't happen... and it sorta did.

25. Dan U

Dan U Boompty

council holding out for more money anyone? :rolleyes:

26. Supine

Supine Rough Like Badger

it will happen. no worries people!

27. DJWrongspeed

DJWrongspeed radio eros

as i was saying to art of fact yesterday when you see the obligatory media hysteria of illegal rave horror this summer is it any wonder? look what happens when you try and do things legally. Just get's harder and harder. Does this country not realise we're a world leader in dance music, something to celebrate surely?

28. Pieface

Pieface New Member

<raises hands to the lasers>

29. Moggy

Moggy Fair enough

Whoah, had me panicking there for a moment!

Hopeefully all goes well as apart from one or two minor incidents re: the security i encountered last year it was brilliant! :D :cool:

30. Pieface

Pieface New Member

bacon roll, moggy? ;)