Giuseppe Mascoli: Franco Manca owner and Market Row entrepreneur

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Lo Siento.

Lo Siento. Second As Farce

Well... I suppose. But for me IMO the base is either right or not right, and the topping is mainly determined by the quality of the ingredients - which I can buy anyway (without queueing)

2. 299 old timer

299 old timer Well-Known Member

Ah, the original Franco's now we are talking!
    As for all the hipster types who queue at Franco Manca, well frankly, they wouldn't know a decent pizza if it fell out of the sky and slapped them in the face.

editor likes this.
  3. shygirl

shygirl Well-Known Member

My son and I used to eat there regularly when it was Eco, and being local, we knew when to go to avoid the queues. When it became Franco Manca, we tried it out, loved the pizza, but were sooooo not impressed with the new owner. He was really snooty towards me when I asked for milk in my coffee, as well as being offensive to my son, who raised a small issue about his food, saying, "And I suppose your mother's paying for this" :eek:. Knobhead. Still love the pizzas tho', so we occasionally break our boycott and reminisce about the old times. ;)

4. shygirl

shygirl Well-Known Member

And totally wrong to say it was exclusively Afro-Caribbean - when he moved in, there were very few A/C shops at that end of MR.

5. RaverDrew

RaverDrew self-banned for a bit R.I.P.

I know his missus quite well, she used to be one of the neighbours in my block.

6. tbtommyb

tbtommyb Well-Known Member

it tastes just like the pizza from any other restaurant. (well, better than pizza hut).

7. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

8. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Gramsci likes this.
  9. Santino

Santino lovelier than lovely

Should have had a picture of the dog angrily pointing its paw at the restaurant.

10. Tolpuddle

Tolpuddle Cooperative council-my arse.

or cocking its leg

11. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Or the dog owner smearing shit all over the windows of their multi-million business while the dog sprays the owner with piss. Now, that would have impact.

jakejb79, tim and Gramsci like this.
  12. alcopop

alcopop Well-Known Member

Alls well that ends well.

A spokeswoman for Franco Manca said: "All service dogs are welcome in our pizzerias. This, unfortunately, is the result of an error from individual staff members in one restaurant. We are taking the relevant steps to ensure this doesn’t happen again and have spoken directly with the customer in question to apologise and ensure he knows he is welcome at any of our pizzerias."

13. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Apart from the fact that it should never have happened in the first place and humiliating the guy by refusing him entrance was against the law.

Gramsci likes this.
  14. Chilavert

Chilavert Undermining strikes :-(

Crikey.

editor likes this.
  15. Maharani

Maharani Just like Heaven

That ‘manager’ is clearly a thicko

16. Thimble Queen

Thimble Queen Sparkly cat whisperer

Someone's had the sack!

17. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Looks like the fortunes of the parent company are wobbling too.

[​IMG]

In his spare time, David Page the multi-millionaire owner, "likes to grows grapes, figs and peaches in the South of France. " Which is nice.
    The team | Fulham Shore

18. Gramsci

Gramsci Well-Known Member

What do you mean by this post? This should never have happened in the first place.

And still not let in.

editor likes this.
  19. Gramsci

Thing is this can't be blamed on staff. Its top down management who want to cultivate the "right" clientele.

Turning away a blind person with a guide dog is the same as refusing to serve a customer because of there colour.

Its basic practice of a business that works in service industry to train staff in equality rights.

Unfortunately for Franco Manco they picked on wrong person.

RubyToogood likes this.
  20. alcopop

alcopop Well-Known Member

Clearly a manager fucked up.

I very much doubt this was a group policy of no blind people!

21. Gramsci

Clearly?

Have you read the article? The Blind person works for Guide Dogs association.

I'm not having this blame the junior staff stuff. Get this all the time. Typical senior management tactic.

Can you not see that this is inexcusable "fuck up" by the people at the top of Franco Mancos?

Its basic. Guide dogs are allowed in places pet dogs aren't.

I know this and I'm not a CEO.

The evidence in ES and comments by this blind person who works in this sector show that this is common.

So it's prejudice and its part of the business culture of Franco Manco. Institutional prejudice.

As the guy said a free meal is not enough.

editor likes this.
  22. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

No, the COMPANY fucked up. They hire their staff and it's their responsibility to train them and make them aware of how to treat people.

And you think a shitty voucher is enough for their fuck up?

han and Gramsci like this.
  23. madolesance

madolesance Well-Known Member

Why is this thread still called-
    Giuseppe Mascoli: Franco Manca owner and Market Row entrepreneur

When there are many other topics being discussed that are not necessarily related to the original title?

24. Gramsci

Googling Franco Manco and his name comes up in relation to Franco Manco. Its still part of the brand image of company. That it's Italian genuine pizza.

What point are you making?

25. Gramsci

I've just checked Franco Manco website. Giuseppe is on it still.

About Us - Franco Manca

editor likes this.