1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getty photo gallery in Oxford Circus - some cracking work to be seen!

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by editor, Jan 13, 2013.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

bi0boy, pogofish and Greebo like this.
  2. thriller

thriller Last of the world's good men Banned

known about this for ages. pretty old news tbh.

3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

The current exhibition (and print sale) only started on the 5th Dec and although you clearly already know everything, I imagine there's some other folks here who might be interested.

bromley, Mrs Magpie and Greebo like this.
  4. Winot

Winot I wholeheartedley agree with your viewpoint

Twat.

Greebo, sim667, bromley and 1 other person like this.
  5. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Some of the prints were reasonably priced too - I saw some big prints going for around £100. I wish I could have afforded a couple!

6. FunkyUK

FunkyUK u=5337

There's one (or there was during the Olympics) at westfield stratford. They had some some superb classic olympic photos and some nice old london street photography there too.

Greebo likes this.
  7. trellick

trellick Member

It's still there - they change the display every now and then

8. Winot

Popped in there today briefly. It's a nice space and the quality of stuff they're showing is good, but it's all (understandly) a bit too 'Getty Images' for me to be tempted to buy - a mix of portraits of the rich and famous and picture postcard shots that are staged or look staged - not really my thing.

Greebo likes this.
  9. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I actually quite like seeing the Hollywood stuff but they had a fantastic exhibition of Londoners at play a while ago.

It's not as big, but I much prefer it to the Photographers Gallery these days.

10. Winot

The Hollywood stars of yesteryear sure put today's bunch to shame in the style stakes.

11. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

12. FullFathomFive

FullFathomFive Well-Known Member

I work at Getty, the exhibitions change all the time. Its lovely little gallery for anyone in the west end who wants to have a little browse.

editor likes this.
  13. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

14. editor

editor Taffus Maximus