Getting into the Grateful Dead

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by ska invita, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

That'd be unacceptable even if was an honest mistake.

"No, I said young people are getting into acid HOUSE music."

"Oh fuck."

"How much did you give it?"

2. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

enjoyed that a lot...going to check them out
    i wonder where that was shot? ive heard from a US friend that partys in parking lots are a common thing as often venues dont sell beer so people turn up a few hours before hand and have an impormptu party in the parking lots, BYO style. Maybe thats not whats happening here but it sounds like thats a part of US culture.

Rosemary Jest likes this.
  3. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

Grateful Dead parking lots in particular were a big thing, more like festivals than parking lots, especially since so many fans followed them from city to city.

gdead.png

Rosemary Jest and ska invita like this.
  4. og ogilby

og ogilby Well-Known Member

They became a big problem for the authorities as so many people used to turn up with no ticket to get in the venue. No proper facilities or way of keeping everyone safe. I think there were a few fatalities in later years when the whole thing just spiralled out of control.

5. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

Theres a 90 minute docuemtnary about the parking lots (basically about dead heads in general) :D early 90s i think

anyone alergic to endless hippy waffle may need to take a double dose of antihistamines! ony dipped in but its full on

6. Rosemary Jest

Rosemary Jest Wrong and Unstable

It's great isn't it? I think it's at a grateful dead festival in California, would love to have been there.

Two of the lads in the band have another group called Mapache, it's one of my favourite albums of last year if you like Byrd's/CSN type stuff. Worth checking out.

littleseb likes this.
  7. killer b

killer b Nostrofuckingdamus

this sounds relevant to my interests. will do.

Rosemary Jest likes this.