1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Germany v Argentina (Final) Sunday 13th July 2014

Discussion in 'World Cup 2014 Brazil' started by Dandred, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Lea

Lea Sur un seul mot de toi...

You forgot to mention the discussion about the hot players! :D

2. Minnie_the_Minx

Minnie_the_Minx someinenhhanding menbag and me ah bollox

3. Minnie_the_Minx

Minnie_the_Minx someinenhhanding menbag and me ah bollox

Did I? Where? I didn't really notice any (although I was watching a match earlier today that I'd recorded and I think there was quite a cute Chilean :D)

4. leftistangel

leftistangel Well-Known Member

I think its fair to say Messi's the best of his generation, a very skillful individual. But the Maradona comparisons needs to end. Apart from the level of talent, I think the biggest difference between them is Maradona brought a sense of leadership to the pitch. He'd always been captain at every club he'd been at. As we saw tonight, Messi doesnt have that same make up.

5. Favelado

Favelado Oh you've got green eyes.

Musn't. Argue. Back..........

Night mate x

6. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Don't forget Messi is only 27. He's got another 5 years in him yet (probably). Plenty of time to prove he's greater than Maradonna.

7. Lea

Lea Sur un seul mot de toi...

Minnie_the_Minx likes this.
  8. leftistangel

Really? So is he going to sign for Newcastle and win the Premier League in that time?

For me hes not as great as Ronaldo or Zidane, nor in terms of talent.

Maradona in a different league altogether.

9. MrSki

MrSki Who am I to say you're wrong

Merkel gets in on the party.
    [​IMG]

10. belboid

belboid TUC Off Your Knees

11. Favelado

Favelado Oh you've got green eyes.

Ahhhh I can't help myself! That Napoli team was really really good! Don't believe the standard version.

12. Maggot

Maggot MES missing message

Well done to Goetze for finding an opening!

Voley, Wilf, Favelado and 1 other person like this.
  13. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

A classic name :D

14. Ax^

Ax^ Silly Rabbit

ronaldo is no Zidane

15. leftistangel

He made them really good. Since "El Diego" left Naples, the club has spent much of its time in Serie B and has gone without a trophy.Indeed, it had one or two good players (Ferrara, Bagni etc) but as they say themselves, he made them a really good team and they won Serie A during its Golden era. They've never had a period like that in their history, before or after (hence the Newcastle comparison) whether Messi has always played for Barcelona and entered the side already the best in the league and Champions League winners the next season. Again, the comparison is laughable.

16. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Interested to see who is the Barcelona top striker/scorer next season :hmm:

17. leftistangel

And Zidane is no Ronaldo. Two different players playing different positions. But I thought Ronaldo 95-98 for pace, power and precision was as phenonomal a talent as ive ever seen.

18. free spirit

free spirit more tea vicar?

Can't help feeling that Argentina missed having the option Tevez would have brought them.

Wilf likes this.
  19. Ax^

Ax^ Silly Rabbit

meh zidane was more of a talisman player..

what we were looking for from messi today...

20. leftistangel

Well quite. Messi plays in a day and age when all of the best players are concentrated in a few sides. Is Cristiano Ronaldo up there with Pele or Maradona for the goals hes massed?

21. quimcunx

quimcunx Too tall.

Swine flu gave me a decidedly green palor.

Argentinian fb friend status (translated by bing even though I'm on chrome...)

We had opportunities, not to develop, German goal! We fight until the end and play the best. Congratulations to the argentina team! Today is full moon, and the glare illuminates more Germans.

:hmm:

22. strung out

strung out (",)

Where would you rate Frank Lampard? (Ballon d'Or runner up 2005)

23. imposs1904

imposs1904 Thread Killa'

Mascherano?

24. belboid

belboid TUC Off Your Knees

the best Argentinian of the tournament, for sure. Probably should have been Rodriguez or Neuer tho

juice_terry likes this.
  25. juice_terry

juice_terry Here is a man who would not take it anymore.

26. Wilf

Wilf Well-Known Member

Bit sad for the auld Argies. As the telly blokes said, Germany were the best team in the tournament, but not on the night. I've had Argentina as my second team since the Falklands and taking a perverse pleasure in supporting them amid the xenophobia at the 82 world cup (from the UK press). On a spectacularly shallow level I've always liked their strip - and actually detested the various abominations the Germans wore in the 80s and 90s (they'd have been okay if they stuck with the 1966 classic). Anyway, can't really complain after what Germany did to Brazil. What amazed me was how little of it was flashy, apart from the last goal. Just good passing and crossing, followed by efficient shooting - the absolute basics.

27. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Pulled that defence wide apart

Maggot and Voley like this.
  28. N_igma

N_igma Epistemic nuisance

WHY AYE MAN!

29. Idris2002

Idris2002 A kick up the Arás

A great match, but in the beer garden where I was watching it, a disgruntled Argentinian fan let off a firework in the last minute of extra time. No harm done, though.

30. Idris2002

Idris2002 A kick up the Arás