1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Generation Identity conference shut down.

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by Red Sky, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Red Sky

Red Sky It was like that when I got here.

It looks like anti fascist activists have succeeded in shutting down Generation Identity's 'secret' London conference which was being held in Sevenoaks, Kent.

GI still claim they're going ahead with the launch of their 120db campaign tomorrow at Speakers Corner. 11 a.m

2. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

So they're 1-0 down at the end of the first half

Badgers and StigoftheDig like this.
  3. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

The promtion video for 120db is very professional .

StigoftheDig and Pickman's model like this.
  4. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet Administrator

I thought it was 10am :hmm:

ETA: ah the counter protest/talk is at 10am

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    StigoftheDig likes this.
  5. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

6. Thimble Queen

Thimble Queen Angry brown femme ^_^

Good. Twats.

marty21, Badgers, steeplejack and 5 others like this.
  7. FridgeMagnet

They weren’t very professional this morning. Even the pro-Duterte demo at Marble Arch at the same time thought to bring a microphone. This lot were barely audible.

Maybe twenty tops GI blokes with beards, a couple of speakers, and loads of people with cameras. A few of the blokes mixed in with the (much more numerous) counter protest beforehand and tried to start arguments but there was nothing physical, particularly with cops wandering around everywhere. Once the main group arrived the cops kept everyone strictly apart.

All this is happening with one of the regular Christians there standing on a stool and telling people to take off their masks and turn to Jesus.

Nigel, The39thStep, Red Sky and 3 others like this.
  8. FridgeMagnet

Apparently they are still wandering around and have been kicked out of a pub.

Pickman's model likes this.
  9. Pickman's model

Generation incompetent :facepalm:

Ralph Llama and Jeremiah18.17 like this.
  10. Nigel

Nigel For A Degenerates' Workers State

11. likesfish

likesfish officaly hardest and most tooled up urbanite:)

it was on south-east today apparently they are tech savvy:facepalm: the new generation of fascists :rolleyes:

12. Red Sky

Red Sky It was like that when I got here.

They probably are compared to the average audience member of South East Today. Most of them think that Ceefax was a bit 'nifty'.

13. Jeff Robinson

Jeff Robinson Well-Known Member

I wonder if the function of these fascist meetings/rallies/marches has morphed. In the past they were about showing physical strength in the street, now, it seems to me, they are, for the most part, a trap set to make the left look like violent authoritarians on social media platforms: the demo is not the important thing, the media spectacle is. This seems to be a core strategy of the new far right: they hold some tiny rally or demo; the left show up to counter-protest or to shut them down; the far right film it and post it up on social media; it's picked up on by various centre-right/right social media platforms and used to push 'the left are the real fascists' narrative; the discussion focuses on the formal issue of 'freedom of speech', not the substantive political issues that are being protested. My question (and I don't know the answer) is: is it just better for the left to ignore these formations and concentrate on other stuff or should they be confronted notwithstanding the way the confrontation will be used by such groups online?

14. Pickman's model

if people don't want footage uploaded there are obvious things to do about it.

Badgers likes this.
  15. MadeInBedlam

MadeInBedlam 'He bloody well thinks he's staff!'

i miss ceefax