Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

Dulwich Mishi

Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!
R.I.P.
Don't think that takes anything away from Tonbridge having their share of scabby supporters.
Hopefully it won’t also deflect from the fact that at both clubs he majority of supporters are still ordinary decent football fans...

Reactions: EDC

Pink Panther

Presumably the Bognor fans are basking in a glow of self satisfaction given their own unblemished record in this sort of situation?
Not really. It barely got a mention on their forum when I had a look yesterday. "One idiot, hopefully he'll be dealt with appropriately" seemed to be the gist of it. Although I'm surprised Tonbridge allow cans into their ground given their insistence on tops being removed from plastic water bottles on entry.

B.I.G

Hopefully it won’t also deflect from the fact that at both clubs he majority of supporters are still ordinary decent football fans...
Made up. Bognor might be all right. But if you think that Tonbridge have more than a handful of decent fans. Lets take a walk round the ground and you can ask them what they think about anyone that doesn’t have the same skin colour as famous non-racist Steve McKimm.

Dulwich Mishi

Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!
R.I.P.
Made up. Bognor might be all right. But if you think that Tonbridge have more than a handful of decent fans. Lets take a walk round the ground and you can ask them what they think about anyone that doesn’t have the same skin colour as famous non-racist Steve McKimm.
I try to prefer to judge people as I find rather than make generalisations.

B.I.G

I try to prefer to judge people as I find rather than make generalisations.
Saying the majority of their supporters are ordinary decent football fans is a generalisation.

One that ignores their lack of protest against their manager, the comments of their fans if asked, and their quite bizarrely random chanting of Boris Johnson’s name for no apparent reason.

If you want to judge people as you find, next time you go, try asking them questions as to their views and then you have a basis.

Effra Eyes

A reminder it's the last Dulwich Hamlet Comedy Club of the year TONIGHT at Dulwich Hamlet FC, Fern Brady (Mock The Week, Live At The Apollo) headlines. The night starts at 7pm, and it's happy hour drinks all night, so pints for just three quid. Tickets £9 on the door, or £8 in advance are available until 6pm tonight. Concessions are £5 and usual Hamlet rules apply, so includes all NHS staff, teachers, Blue Light Services, Local Authority Employees etc..

Dulwich Hamlet Comedy Club

Attachments

editor

hiraethified
This is driving me mad. Whenever I used to post up links to match reports on Facebook on the Brixton Buzz/personal/urban75 accounts, I was always able to add '@DulwichHamletFC' which then created a link to the official club FB page. This suddenly stopped being possible a month or so ago, and looking on the FB help pages they say this only happens when you've been blocked or defriended.

The club assures me that's not the case so was wondering if anyone else is having trouble with this too?

Cat Daisy

This is driving me mad. Whenever I used to post up links to match reports on Facebook on the Brixton Buzz/personal/urban75 accounts, I was always able to add '@DulwichHamletFC' which then created a link to the official club FB page. This suddenly stopped being possible a month or so ago, and looking on the FB help pages they say this only happens when you've been blocked or defriended.

The club assures me that's not the case so was wondering if anyone else is having trouble with this too?
I have just tried it - adding within the text of the message - and it looked like it was working OK. Offered links to all the expected FB accounts (the official one, the Moral Victory one, etc) so I'm not sure what has happened to your one?! I blame Mark Zuckerberg.

editor

hiraethified
I have just tried it - adding within the text of the message - and it looked like it was working OK. Offered links to all the expected FB accounts (the official one, the Moral Victory one, etc) so I'm not sure what has happened to your one?! I blame Mark Zuckerberg.
Yeah I get them all. Apart from the official one :(

Bugpowder Dust

Anyone aware of any plans to do plastic pint glasses for supporters to buy and reuse?

I was at one of the women's games and the person beside me produced one out of her bag. Seemed like a nice way to raise a pound or two and so something for the environment at the same time?

(sorry if this is already a thing and I've missed it)

blueheaven

Anyone aware of any plans to do plastic pint glasses for supporters to buy and reuse?

I was at one of the women's games and the person beside me produced one out of her bag. Seemed like a nice way to raise a pound or two and so something for the environment at the same time?

(sorry if this is already a thing and I've missed it)
I'd like to see the club introduce this too. There must be a helluva lot of plastic waste from the bar. I'm sure lots of us have seen that reusable cups are the norm at football matches and festivals etc in Germany. It would be a positive, forward-thinking move from the club.

Al Crane

I'd like to see the club introduce this too. There must be a helluva lot of plastic waste from the bar. I'm sure lots of us have seen that reusable cups are the norm at football matches and festivals etc in Germany. It would be a positive, forward-thinking move from the club.
I think DHST may already be exploring this but would wait for them to confirm. Regardless, I agree that we as a club and group of supporters, should do more to address the waste that is generated on a match day. The deposit scheme approach to pint glasses would be my preference and would probably make the club more money than it loses. It would be good if some bins could at least be designated as recyclable waste. There's certainly plenty of scope to turn it into a real positive for the club which fits the club's ethos. If the new stadium development looks like it's going ahead then I would fully expect us to explore as many avenues as possible with regard to reducing waste in all respects of a matchday.

DHST

The usage of single use plastics during match days, and more generally around the Club, is something that the Trust has been passionate about for some time now.

As such over the past year we have taken a number of steps to reduce our plastics footprint. For example, over the past 12 months we have worked with our suppliers to reduce the amount of plastics used for merch deliveries and we have moved from glossy membership forms to matt paper (as thus is suitable for composting and easier to recycle). We are also aware that the Club has worked to remove plastics from the food offers during match days (e.g. introducing wooden cutlery and removal of plastic straws) and their community lead has been working with Plastic Free East Dulwich to understand how we can best tackle other plastics usage within the Club – particularly on match days.

Given this the Trust has worked with the Club to establish a plastics working group, the first meeting of which was held in October. The group at this time comprises of representatives from the Trust’s communities group, the Club’s communities lead, management from the Club Bar and fans who have a background and expertise in environmental waste management.

The groups’ first meeting focused on the usage of plastic glasses during match days. A range of options were discussed, from the possible introduction of stackable, reusable cups to the use of plant and / or starch based products. Our intention is to hold some small trials towards the end of the season to understand i) what would work best for the Club in its current set up and, most importantly, ii) what the truly most sustainable option would be. Some of the options, which would seem to be easy wins, do in fact have fairly substantial environmental impacts that need to be assessed and also come with some logistical issues that a non-league Club with very high attendances such as ours may not be able to practically manage. As such group members are developing a range of proposals for these pilots and in doing so we are thinking about ‘one bin’ solutions to make it easier for fans to help support. In doing this work we are liaising with other non-league clubs who have introduced a range of schemes, as well as potential suppliers and Southwark Council.

As such, there is not yet a firm proposal, but we hope to be in a position to agree the types of trials early in the new year – or, if there is a clear stand out option that is all round the best for the Club and the environment, recommend that this be implemented. Once we have done this work, and have firm grasp on the pros and cons of each option, we will be looking to widen the group to more volunteers to help with the trials / implement any solution.

Please be assured, this is something that we know is very important to a number of fans, a large number of our members and individuals working within the Club itself. However, we absolutely want to ensure that we implement a solution that is right for the club and the environment, so please bear with us whilst we identify, cost and assess a range of options.

DHST

Today the mega-container is open until 1600 if you wish to buy merchandise for Christmas presents. We have a wide range of Dulwich Hamlet inspired gifts which are priced £10 or under – Calendars, mugs, hats, caps, badges, socks, gloves, books, baby items and scarves.

The last online order date for Christmas delivery is midnight tonight to ensure you receive your parcels in time for Christmas - dhfcshop.co.uk
Postal orders will then resume from Monday 6 January. Any order placed after this date will not processed in time for Christmas.

Roger D

Sadly Mishi is back in hospital after suffering another health related issue. I'm not totally sure what is in the public domain so will leave it at that. His Facebook page is being updated by his family so is the best source of info.

I'm not on Facebook, perhaps someone with that access can provide further information.

Pink Panther

Is Mishi OK? Very quiet on the social media front.
Sadly Mishi is seriously ill in King's College Hospital at present. He suffered a second heart attack last Monday while attending the funeral of fellow Hamlet supporter Ben Miller at Honor Oak Crematorium. For anyone who is in touch with him on Facebook his sister has been posting updates on his page. I was one of half a dozen or so other Hamlet fans who saw him collapse and didn't really want to attempt to report it on here in case I got anything factually incorrect, or was unable to answer other questions.

It was bad enough that Ben died aged just 38. I really thought Mishi had gone the way he went down, thankfully one of the others present was an ex-Army medic who had a few items of medical equipment in her bag and was able to supervise efforts to keep him alive until the emergency services arrived.

HFCJohn

Sadly Mishi is seriously ill in King's College Hospital at present. He suffered a second heart attack last Monday while attending the funeral of fellow Hamlet supporter Ben Miller at Honor Oak Crematorium. For anyone who is in touch with him on Facebook his sister has been posting updates on his page. I was one of half a dozen or so other Hamlet fans who saw him collapse and didn't really want to attempt to report it on here in case I got anything factually incorrect, or was unable to answer other questions.

It was bad enough that Ben died aged just 38. I really thought Mishi had gone the way he went down, thankfully one of the others present was an ex-Army medic who had a few items of medical equipment in her bag and was able to supervise efforts to keep him alive until the emergency services arrived.
I just heard this news this morning from Blitzwalker - if anyone visits Mishi, please could they pass on the best wishes from everyone at Hendon Football Club. I know a number of our fans have known Mishi for many years and he's been kind enough to tweet his support of some of our recent community initiatives over the past year or so.

Was hoping to come down to watch this evening's game but I see it's gone underwater.

DHST

Due to this evening’s match being postponed we will be selling merchandise from the @DHFCbar tonight from 6 to 8pm. This is your last opportunity to buy your Christmas presents from the ground because our volunteers are then on holiday until the next match on Boxing Day. We will also have mince pies and DJs.