General Dulwich Hamlet chat

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by editor, May 2, 2014.

1. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Hopefully it won’t also deflect from the fact that at both clubs he majority of supporters are still ordinary decent football fans...

EDC likes this.
  2. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Not really. It barely got a mention on their forum when I had a look yesterday. "One idiot, hopefully he'll be dealt with appropriately" seemed to be the gist of it. Although I'm surprised Tonbridge allow cans into their ground given their insistence on tops being removed from plastic water bottles on entry.

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  3. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Made up. Bognor might be all right. But if you think that Tonbridge have more than a handful of decent fans. Lets take a walk round the ground and you can ask them what they think about anyone that doesn’t have the same skin colour as famous non-racist Steve McKimm.

4. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

I try to prefer to judge people as I find rather than make generalisations.

Jamie Wyatt and Pink Panther like this.
  5. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Saying the majority of their supporters are ordinary decent football fans is a generalisation.

One that ignores their lack of protest against their manager, the comments of their fans if asked, and their quite bizarrely random chanting of Boris Johnson’s name for no apparent reason.

If you want to judge people as you find, next time you go, try asking them questions as to their views and then you have a basis.

6. Effra Eyes

Effra Eyes Active Member

A reminder it's the last Dulwich Hamlet Comedy Club of the year TONIGHT at Dulwich Hamlet FC, Fern Brady (Mock The Week, Live At The Apollo) headlines. The night starts at 7pm, and it's happy hour drinks all night, so pints for just three quid. Tickets £9 on the door, or £8 in advance are available until 6pm tonight. Concessions are £5 and usual Hamlet rules apply, so includes all NHS staff, teachers, Blue Light Services, Local Authority Employees etc..

Dulwich Hamlet Comedy Club

Attached Files:

• 0.jpeg
      0.jpeg
      File size:
      162.1 KB
      Views:
  7. Bugpowder Dust

Bugpowder Dust Well-Known Member

Nivag likes this.
  8. editor

editor hiraethified

This is driving me mad. Whenever I used to post up links to match reports on Facebook on the Brixton Buzz/personal/urban75 accounts, I was always able to add '@DulwichHamletFC' which then created a link to the official club FB page. This suddenly stopped being possible a month or so ago, and looking on the FB help pages they say this only happens when you've been blocked or defriended.

The club assures me that's not the case so was wondering if anyone else is having trouble with this too?

9. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

10. Duckula 3:16

Duckula 3:16 New Member

how much are the christmas cards gonna be?

11. Cat Daisy

Cat Daisy Active Member

I have just tried it - adding within the text of the message - and it looked like it was working OK. Offered links to all the expected FB accounts (the official one, the Moral Victory one, etc) so I'm not sure what has happened to your one?! I blame Mark Zuckerberg.

editor likes this.
  12. editor

editor hiraethified

Yeah I get them all. Apart from the official one :(

13. Bugpowder Dust

Bugpowder Dust Well-Known Member

Anyone aware of any plans to do plastic pint glasses for supporters to buy and reuse?

I was at one of the women's games and the person beside me produced one out of her bag. Seemed like a nice way to raise a pound or two and so something for the environment at the same time?

(sorry if this is already a thing and I've missed it)