General Dulwich Hamlet chat

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by editor, May 2, 2014.

1. Jamie Wyatt

Jamie Wyatt Well-Known Member

:hmm: That would have made me about 12 in this photo

the 12th man likes this.
  2. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

I call it...

L-R Standing

Vinnie, Stevie Childs, Dooley, Burty, Amin & Fel (?)

L-R Crouching

Jamie, Roger, Bennett, Eldridge (?), Grant, Rev

Mishi (Photo)

3. Jamie Wyatt

That’s not an Eldridge in the front row but is Fel in the back row.

4. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

The shirt you're wearing is from the 1994/5 season, the first season we reverted from royal blue to navy. So about 25 years ago.

*edit, sorry confused this photo with a different one someone posted on Facebook earlier where you're wearing an odd shirt from everyone else. Still think it's probably that season though.

Jamie Wyatt likes this.
  5. Roger D

Roger D Well-Known Member

Having thought it through I think I had my accident playing for the supporters in February 1995. If so, there's no way I'd have been playing in an end of season tournament 1994/1995 due to the state I was in. It may well have been end of season 1993/94 though.

6. the 12th man

the 12th man Well-Known Member

Top left is John, Pab's brother and next to Bennett is Ty.

7. Jamie Wyatt

Ty... that’s it!! He was good.

the 12th man likes this.
  8. Roger D

Roger D Well-Known Member

Ty got signed by the reserves for a while I think. Didn't Stevie play for the reserves as well?

9. Pink Panther

Yes, played about half a dozen Suburban League games before becoming a Premier League and FIFA linesman!

10. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Seen it all now, umbrellas in the stand at the U23 game today...
    IMG_20191017_130023611.jpg

Lyham, StephenMac and baleboy_93 like this.
  11. tonysingh

tonysingh Random Clever and Witty Strapline

Crystal Palace v Bastard Rovers yeah?

Nivag likes this.
  12. editor

editor hiraethified

Belt'n'braces weather protection.

Nivag likes this.
  13. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Keys out.

14. Bugpowder Dust

Bugpowder Dust Well-Known Member

Has our new coach been mentioned? The footballing kind, not the four wheeled variety

15. Pink Panther

16. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

17. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Staged piss take photo... brolly kept up at Nivag ‘s own request for the snap.

18. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

to be fair last week I was standing in the wheelchair section with my mate and his Grandad (in a wheelchair) and we were getting dripped on, big holes in the roof in parts.

19. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

In case anyone is looking to get food before a game Dulwich Hamlet fish and chips has closed due to the lease being increasing.
    The East Dulwich Forum

20. Duckula 3:16

Duckula 3:16 New Member

he never had food ready in that chip shop.
    terrible chip shop, didn't even have a sausage in there.

I went in there a couple of weeks ago after football and he only then turned the oven on and start cutting up chips" when he should have had everything ready especially for match day.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
  21. EDC

I’m not too unhappy, the food was terrible.

22. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

While I’m not disagreeing it was a poor outfit, the impression I had was that business lived very much hand to mouth. Fella had about five kids too. Hope they have something to move onto.

crocustim and Noss like this.
  23. EDC

Can’t disagree with that.

24. Effra Eyes

Effra Eyes Active Member

A reminder it's the Dulwich Hamlet Comedy Club in the clubhouse tonight, lovely line up, three quid pints all night and discounted entry if you also go to the women's game today. Tickets from here or on the door. Dulwich Hamlet Comedy Club

Attached Files:

pompeydunc likes this.
  25. editor

editor hiraethified

I can no longer tag Dulwich Hamlet when I post up Brixton Buzz content on Facebook. I've tried multiple times over the past few weeks to no avail. The only solution I can find is that the club have intentionally blocked me from doing so but that would be a really odd thing to do. Does anyone know who handles the social media stuff for the club?

26. Pink Panther

Tom Cullen is listed as "Media Manager" in the club officials list in the matchday programme.

editor likes this.
  27. editor

editor hiraethified

Be kind of nice if this forum got a mention somewhere on the official site and social media channels too, given it's easily one of the most popular forums for a non league club.

28. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Think it's par for the course for clubs to keep unofficial forums (fora?) at arm's length these days. I wouldn't take it personally.

Jamie Wyatt and pettyboy like this.
  29. editor

editor hiraethified

I'm not taking it personally at all, but I do think it might be something of a lost opportunity. And quite a few clubs do link to unofficial forums (adding a disclaimer with the link).

30. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Really not sure they do anymore but there may be the odd exception. Not having a go at all but the forum would probably need to be sanitised a fair bit, rightly or wrongly, for it to be considered.