General Dulwich Hamlet chat

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by editor, May 2, 2014.

1. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Although you can get the tram to Mitcham which is a much shorter walk.

2. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

The Mitchem tram stop is nearer that Mitcham Junction.

Google Maps

3. Mark Panton

Mark Panton M Panton

4. ForwardHamlet

ForwardHamlet Well-Known Member

Evening all,

Our latest podcast went live today. Might be of interest to some of you!

It includes:

Recaps (including a couple of pretty punchy interviews with Gav by Tom Bale) of DHFC vs. Bath City (a), Gloucester City (h), Slough Town (a)

Are Preston Edwards & Jack Turner *actually* as good as Jordan Pickford?

A Dulwich Hamlet 12th Man player roll-call

Dominic Voss. Vose. Dominic Vose.

You can listen to it wherever you get your podcasts from, or here:

If you do listen, we're always grateful for feedback and suggestions of what you want to hear in the future!

x

5. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Kiss My Shiny Metal Ass

Apparently Maidstone United are looking for a new manager.

6. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Harry Wheeler seems to be available.

Cyclodunc likes this.
  7. Griff_Turnstile

Griff_Turnstile Agenda confused turnstile operator

Shame to see Jay Saunders leaving Maidstone, always had a friendly chinwag whenever we played them.

8. Pink Panther

And only last week the NLP had a full page interview in which he seemed to be looking forward to taking the Stones even further.

9. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

10. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

11. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

12. darryl

darryl this wasn't supposed to happen

13. Pink Panther

14. Harry R

Harry R Active Member

15. sankara

sankara Well-Known Member

He was fucking god awful at the cobblers. He dismantled one of the best teams that I remember us having and had us playing turgid crap in no time. All shit managers since him are judged in their shitness on a scale of Gary Johnson at sixfields.

Cyclodunc and Northants Dal like this.
  16. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

Streatham Ice Hockey season starts again this Saturday. First game 5:30pm on the High Road. Anyone not going to Woking why not pop along.
    Dulwich Season ticket holders get in half price this year (£6 rather than £12). Home matches are on Saturdays and also some Sunday evenings so no Hamlet clash.

17. Harry R

Harry R Active Member

The number of promotions on his CV doesn't lie. His methods don't always work though.

At Bristol City we have a similar thing with Pulis - we're pretty much the only club he's failed at.

18. Trimmy

Trimmy Member

I fancy giving this a try, but never having been before was surprised that it starts at 5:30pm and finishes at 10:20pm, game averages 2 hours 20 in NHL. Can you enlighten me as to the format?

19. Pink Panther

There's no way the game would last that long. I haven't been for a few years, and there was an annoying tendency for Sunday matches to face off late, but the matches didn't generally last longer than 2hrs 30mins.

I suspect the ice hockey club hires the rink for that period of time and those times are to indicate that the rink is not available for public skating sessions.

20. mick mccartney

mick mccartney Well-Known Member

Can you enlighten me as to the format?[/QUOTE]

yes . they play until Streatham are winning .......

21. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

Daniel Pappoe and Michael Onivwigun are starting for Carshalton today.

B.I.G and Pink Panther like this.
  22. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Friendly at Dorking's new ground on Tuesday night. Free entry.

23. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Oooh, think I'll go and watch

Pink Panther likes this.
  24. YTC

YTC Human Man

I think I may give that a go too. Nice place, Dorking.

pompeydunc and Pink Panther like this.
  25. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Standard ice hockey game is three periods of 20 minutes STOP CLOCK, with two 15 minute 'half times'. A 6.45pm face off will see you generally out of the doors between nine and half nine.

26. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Where’s everyone gone?

27. Dulwich Mishi

Still at work...not allowed to post from work...plus, not worth posting while editor 's away.... ;)

28. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

29. Dulwich Mishi

Always good for The Hamlet to get a mention anywhere... But he mentions 'taking a couple of hundred off our gates' with regard to home attendances being played in Mitcham. In fact our gates are DOWN by 40.48% for home league games so far, which is almost half of what we were getting at Champion Hill. I would say we are a Club in deep crisis, and being the eternal pessimist I'm not sure how much longer we can sustain our current squad on the income we are getting while we're not at Champion Hill.

Unsurprisingly only Truro City have a substantially bigger drop in home gates, down 60.77%, with their lowest 'home' crowd at Torquay United being 86. Many have suggested this is the lowest ever gate for a National League game, and though I haven't got time to find out I am sure someone like redbridge mist have come close when the were in Conference South.

The piece also mentioned us going out of the FA Cup too early to receive prize money...this accumulates and increases rounf by round, so we did win some money by beating Tonbridge Angels in the 2nd qualifying round, where we came into the competition.

30. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

When it comes to attendance since I assume there was no bar money in either place. All that matters to me is how much revenue is down on the gate.

It may be down less since a lot of the attendees at Champion Hill didn’t pay or were concessions. It may be down more since a larger proportion of our gate are season ticket holders.

As for sustaining the squad on the current turnout. Not going down 4 0 in 30 minute in the cup may well have helped with that.

Jamie Wyatt and EDC like this.