General Dulwich Hamlet chat

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by editor, May 2, 2014.

1. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

I can understand the point, but quite frankly, I don't agree with it,and from my response it didn't read like that to me. Whether a supporter has been here for forty years or four years, or even the proverbial five minutes, each and everyone is entitled to their opinion. I certainly don't carry much influence in the boardroom. I am simply a lifelong fan, who volunteers to serve on the Football Club Committee, no more no less.
    I try to do my bit for the Football Club I love, sometimes things work out & it might be a 'job well done'. Other times they don't work and/or I make a bit of a prat of myself.
    No more, no less.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
    AndyF likes this.
  2. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Shame to hear on twitter that we are not going to order more replica shirts - for sale in the mega container
    but I am sure the economics are difficult given close to the end of the season and we don't want to end up with a stock of unsold shirts

just out of interest how many replica shirts have DHFC sold ? is this many more than last season ?

3. Dulwich Mishi

DHFC don't sell replica shirts, DHST do.

The only way round 'not ordering anymore' I suppose is to put out an appeal by a certain date: your last chance to order, & all that, by say, the end of January, and if the minimum is reached...

But I'd suggest that the new retro top will usurp this for business.

4. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

A few artists I know use the method of a timed release/ordering period to sell screenprints, that way they know exactly how many to order and zero surplus stock.

If there is a demand for more, they create a waiting list and once a decent number are on it they'll do another timed release to get the orders. If the number isn't reached to make it profitable it doesn't get printed.
    Sometimes they'll have the second edition slightly different for those collectors that want everything.

crocustim likes this.
  5. Dulwich Mishi

Have no problem with all of that, apart from the last sentence... to me that reads 'rip of the people who care and collect the most...'

6. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

Retro style shirts marking the 125th anniversary are going on sale soon but you need to reserve one. See details elsewhere on the forum.
    Edited to add:
    Top of this thread: Supporters’ Trust raise £2,000 for the 12th Man Scheme and new retro shirt design released

7. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

I kinda of agree with you, but it means those who want the first edition get something special and those who missed out still get a chance to buy one albeit a bit different. It can be something as simple as a different label inside or in case of artwork a different colour variant which wouldn't work in this scenario.
    For the exploration of those who want every item, then football clubs should stop changing their shirt designs or different styles of scarves..
    It's something that happens when people sell merchandise in sport and music, you need to keep changing them so people keep buying them.
    Some folk love the exclusivity of certain items while others are happy to have 1 or 2 items to show their support regardless of which year/season it was bought.

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  8. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Bugpowder Dust and clog like this.
  9. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

It appears it may be the case that you can’t believe everything you read on Twitter.

clog, Cyclodunc and scousedom like this.
  10. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

I don’t!

Pink Panther and dcdulwich like this.
  11. Cyclodunc

You’re a stable genius

pompeydunc, scousedom and dcdulwich like this.
  12. PartisanDulwich

shirt tweet dulwich age4.jpg
    #justsaying
    but by the time you read this ....it may have changed

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    dcdulwich likes this.
  13. PartisanDulwich

14. Cyclodunc

Tbh i trust they know what they’re doing and there are things like minimum orders and surplus stock to take into account. Have faith in the merch lead.

15. Dulwich Mishi

7/8 weeks? Let's hope we still have a Club by the time they arrive! :(
    ( general comment, NOT one aimed at the DHST merchandise team, I hasten to add!)

16. Jules P

Jules P #noprestonnoparty

"Trust"... clever!

17. PartisanDulwich

18. Dulwich Mishi

Dunno where that came from, but a shame they can't get the bloody name of our league right! Grr!

Pink Panther likes this.
  19. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Makes me wonder how accurate their statistics are when they make mistakes like that!

20. Dulwich Mishi

It's an annoying common mistake that a number of clubs in our own division and even local papers make, apeing the Premeir League. What annoys me is when fans at our level do it, whilst using the AMF hashtag thingy, then copying 'modern football' themselves!

And this week the 'Southwark News' referred to the 'Bostick League'!

21. jnrknight

jnrknight James Knight

I’m confused. If not the Isthmian Premier League what is the correct name for the division that we play in?

Attached Files:

Cyclodunc likes this.
  22. the 12th man

the 12th man Well-Known Member

ILPD
    Isthmian League Premier Division

Dulwich Mishi and jnrknight like this.
  23. jnrknight

jnrknight James Knight

Maybe I’ve answere my own question while having a particularly long poo - are you guys asserting that Dulwich Hamlet play football in the Premier Division of the Isthmian League & that any conflation of the two sets off severe internal pedant alarm bells?

pompeydunc likes this.
  24. jnrknight

jnrknight James Knight

Sorry forgot the obligatory ;)

pompeydunc likes this.
  25. the 12th man

the 12th man Well-Known Member

A long poo normally brings clarity to what previously seemed confusing #throneforthought

jnrknight likes this.
  26. Pink Panther

At least the Southwark News knows how to spell "stick", even if the sponsors don't.

Dulwich Mishi and the 12th man like this.
  27. Dulwich Mishi

Although it's a brand not a spelling....

28. Pink Panther

I'm a stikler for accuracy.. Damn! STICKLER.

29. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

Had a random bloke come up to me down in Guildford today. Saw the scarf and asked if I supported DHFC. He asked how the ground situation was, said he was Woking himself but was following our story and wished us all the best.
    Anyway, made me think what a bloody good job the committee, the trust, and everyone else who has helped has done to get our name and plight out there. So Well done and cheers!

30. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

^ That’s got the likes to post ratio boosted big time.

Lucy Fur likes this.