1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by editor, May 2, 2014.

1. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  2. Moroccan Sunset

EDIT: I've taken this post down, as I feel uncomfortable leaving it up without there being any evidence for the accusations. It's turned into a trial-by-Twitter and it's unfair to ask the club to do something on the basis of accusations that, thus far, are devoid of publicly available evidence.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  3. clog

clog have that you c

Thanks. It’s not about me though. There are two things going on here. One is about this particular incident which has been incredibly badly handled and Moroccan Sunset makes suggestions above for how that might be dealt with. The second is about things the club could do to reduce the risk of sexual harassment happening at matches and afterwards and to generally do more than pay lip service to being welcoming to women. I made some suggestions about that earlier in the thread.

I won’t be bullied off this board by people who seek to shut me up when I raise uncomfortable points.

darryl, pompeydunc, Harry R and 2 others like this.
  4. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

'cept no one is attempting to bully you off the board. I personally love a baseless statement.

5. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

No cheap tickets yet, and no trains to Lowestoft on that date. It's King's Cross to Norwich then a rail replacement bus. Total journey time 3 hrs 46 mins.

Margate won in the Trophy yesterday. If they win again in the next round our visit on 17 January will be off.

6. clog

clog have that you c

I thought Margate was 14 Jan?

7. Pink Panther

Sorry, it's actually the 13th ! But we won't be going there on a Saturday if they win the next round.

clog likes this.
  8. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

They better fucking lose.

Cyclodunc and Pink Panther like this.
  9. Pink Panther

I hope so too, but is it really necessary to sound quite so "gangland enforcer" about it!

StephenMac and Cyclodunc like this.
  10. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Please lose, Margit

11. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Sorry, been watching Peaky Blinders non stop for the last week.

Cyclodunc and Pink Panther like this.
  12. Pink Panther

Love PB. Watching Lowestoft yesterday was much the same.

13. Abanico

Abanico New Member

had been trying to quote another post which has now been removed

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  14. Abanico

Abanico New Member

Just because it says so on Twitter, do we know that what's been said is the whole truth and nothing but the truth? I feel really uncomfortable about this

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  15. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Since she is monitoring the board, why doesn't she just reveal the circumstances of the relationship between her and the player? Is it player and fan? Or is it something more personal.

Did she meet the player at the club and the situation develop there?

And why did she suggest the player received a caution for behaviour towards her? And then subsequently suggest the player had a caution for previous harassment presumably of something else? Which seems to be a breach of data protection by the police anyway.

For the avoidance of doubt, I believe that she has been on the receiving end of the behaviour she has described, but I also believe that she has only portrayed the situation without revealing the entire situation.

16. Moroccan Sunset

That's very true. It's apparent that she is reading this thread, so if she's saying on Twitter that she has evidence that the club is lying, it'd be interesting to actually see such evidence here.

17. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

18. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Or, presumably, a Dooley Bus?

the 12th man likes this.
  19. Pink Panther

Yes, although I personally dislike long road journeys so much I'll only go by coach if it's totally impractical or prohibitively expensive not to.

BTW Margate are a round behind everone else in the Trophy - I forgot their match in the previous round was postponed because the FA couldn't be arsed to decide who they were going to play. They're away to Bath City tomorrow night in the round everyone else played on Saturday.

pompeydunc likes this.
  20. PartisanDulwich

Tuesday 13th February 2018

28th anniversary of "The Rabble"

21. Pink Panther

That makes me feel old! Hoddesdon Town away in the London Senior Cup. Lost 4-2aet. It's a Tuesday again this season so might have a game that day.

22. PartisanDulwich

The Dulwich Hamlet team sheet that fateful night at the Lowfield stadium that read
    Team:
    Perry Skinner, Terry Gale, Wayne Kerrins, Ronnie Stevenson, Ray Purvis (Captain), Paul Docherty, Ian Paterson, John Egan, Matt Norris, Martin Gillings, Chris Sharpless
    Subs: Andy Gogan and Phil Smith
    with John Langford newly appointed manager that season

23. PartisanDulwich

24. Cyclodunc

Bath City 0 - 0 Margate

25. Pink Panther

Replay presumably next Tuesday with the winners away to Hendon on 16th December

26. Dulwich Mishi

'Fateful' night? We lost...it wasn't unusual back then....

27. Cyclodunc

BATH CITY WIN ON PENALTIES

pompeydunc likes this.
  28. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

He means the birth of the rabble.

29. Dulwich Mishi

Like you....I realised. Like you, I tend to try to take the piss a little on here...

B.I.G likes this.
  30. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

But no winky

Cyclodunc likes this.