1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by editor, May 2, 2014.

1. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Should be “whether”

2. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

A wether is a castrated ram

WillClunas, takkforalt and Fingers like this.
  3. MrFouldsy

MrFouldsy New Member

Bloody hell. You realise the implications of this for "Wetherspoons"?

4. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

I have to say, I don't think the ban is right - if they've both been charged with the same offence, then why have we dished out a punishment to one party and not the other? As far as the law is concerned they're both guilty.

I think we should lift her ban and if she turns up then the pair of them should be mature enough to ignore each other. Any problems then whichever party instigates the problem should be dropped or removed from the ground, as applicable.

For what it's worth, I don't think DHFC is a sexist/misogynistic place, I just don't think this is fair, regardless of the gender of each party.

Harry R, darryl and Jamie Wyatt like this.
  5. clog

clog have that you c

I think the ban should be lifted too. Though to be honest I can’t imagine why she would ever want to come to DHFC again after this.

6. Moroccan Sunset

I hope she would return to DHFC, but I'm not naive enough to think that she would. What matters now is that we recognise the mistake and do our best to rectify it.

It's become a hackneyed cliche, but we do all all make mistakes, which doesn't always mean we're racist, homophobic, sexist (etc.), it makes us human. I think the club have just made a genuine cock up here, without any intent to suppress an individual because of their gender. It's important that they do everything they can to make the situation as fair as possible and to show genuine regret and remorse to the individual in question.

They need to act swiftly and reverse the ban (and apologise) before all the good work that has been done over the past few years seems insincere.

blueheaven and darryl like this.
  7. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

So people could thank her for getting the club woke and risking its existence in a petty dispute she felt the need to escalate via social media?

Fuck her if she wasnt truthful.

8. Moroccan Sunset

Be very, very careful, old bean. There is nothing to suggest that she was lying or not being 'truthful' - all that we know is that were both charged and therefore both guilty. There is no suggestion that she has lied about anything. In fact, you simply can't go round saying someone's lying because you don't like what she's saying.

I'm sure you're not but it also sounds like you're referring to sexual harassment as a 'petty dispute', which of course it is not.

darryl and clog like this.
  9. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

She says caution was issued and was victim of sexual harrassment.

Our updated statement says no accusation of sexual harassment and no cautions.

10. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

11. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

My reading comprehension has gone up seemingly overnight.

12. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

After speaking to PC Jackson (665zd) from Croydon Police Station, we can confirm that NEITHER party has a police caution, and no accusations of sexual harassment were recorded. Both parties were given 'words of advice' re their behaviour and all cases are closed.

13. clog

clog have that you c

Because obviously the fact that no cautions were issued means nothing happened... Jesus Christ.

14. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Is what she said true?

15. Moroccan Sunset

That's very true, actually. I take it back, I'd forgotten about her Twitter posts.

Nonetheless, they were both cautioned and as such should be treated equally by the club.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  16. clog

clog have that you c

Seriously, that is fucking outrageous.

17. Moroccan Sunset

But then why were no sexual harassment accusations made?

18. clog

clog have that you c

Beginning to wonder if it’s worth bothering with Hamlet at all.

19. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Probably not.

sealion and 3010 like this.
  20. Moroccan Sunset

Surely she has to accuse someone of something before it can be actually investigated. It's not fair to take to Twitter and publicly accuse someone of a crime, without actually asking the crime to be thoroughly investigated by the police.

21. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Supposedly not charged. Both spoken to and one has rights at their place of work.

22. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Do people not have the right to be innocent before proven guilty and do people not have employment rights?

Not if its on social media apparently.

23. clog

clog have that you c

Do women have the right to be treated with respect and as though their views matter one iota? Not at DHFC clearly.

darryl likes this.
  24. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Women have the right to be treated with respect and as though their views matter.

Didn't you make a suggestion about getting more women on the committee? Is it not being taken seriously?

25. sealion

sealion If you can't dance just nod your head

:D

26. sealion

sealion If you can't dance just nod your head

You are welcome at Millwall if you jump ship :p

27. darryl

darryl this wasn't supposed to happen

To which ship?

28. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

clog always welcome your positive input, especially on Urban - so would miss your input greatly
    Women are to under represented at all levels of football and beyond that, see you as a Hamlet friend and comrade

clog and editor like this.
  29. darryl

darryl this wasn't supposed to happen

Which is lovely, but does this board and those who run it go along with it?

Seems to be open season unless you’re going along with a LADS LADS LADS club right now.

I’d like all to be welcome on here right now. Doesn’t seem to be the case.

(but let’s keep patting ourselves on the back regardless)

30. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member