1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by editor, May 2, 2014.

1. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Even in that wonderful old ground a crowd of our current average would have looked lost. I can't believe there's no cover behind the goals, what a shit ground! ;)

2. Dulwich Mishi

Not a chance...dream on! ;)

And could you imagine people moaning about the bars & toilets if we did...it's bad enough now according to everyone on here...

3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Did the old ground only have one main toilet then?
    I know you don't drink, but inviting people to come down to the Hamlet and then expecting them to wait anything up to 30 mins (or more) to get served really is a shit deal.

clog likes this.
  4. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Open roof toilets by the main turnstiles I seem to remember.

Jamie Wyatt likes this.
  5. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Gets the job done quickly!

6. YTC

YTC Human Man

7. Dulwich Mishi

Indeed. Two open roofed urinals inside the ground, one in either corner. nowhere to have a crap at all inside the ground. All other toilets outside the ground, in the bars, under the main stand.

EDC and Jamie Wyatt like this.
  8. EDC

Including the bank of stinging nettles behind the DKH end.

9. chris gil

chris gil making football club owners cry since 1893

Kerriesfriend likes this.
  10. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

11. takkforalt

takkforalt Well-Known Member

lose*

Cyclodunc likes this.
  12. EDC

* the only

Cyclodunc likes this.
  13. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Every which way but.

takkforalt likes this.
  14. Griff_Turnstile

Griff_Turnstile Agenda confused turnstile operator

Great non league bogs of our time. Seem to recall Welling had one high at the Danson Park end of the ground like some wartime pillbox or snipers hut

Cyclodunc likes this.
  15. Griff_Turnstile

Griff_Turnstile Agenda confused turnstile operator

Heard that on BBC commentary of the St Albans City vs Boredom Wood FA Cup tie. Grrr! Once more the BBC lets down the Hamlet supporting license fee payer with the commentator pronouncing Dulwich as Dull Witch not once but at least thrice including a mention late on the broadcast when someone in the RP Department should have already castigated him

16. EDC

Probably a Mill Wall supporter.

Cyclodunc and GregDHFC like this.
  17. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Are we going to have a Christmas party this year? I'm happy to help out - I've got a full PA and decks now too - but am going to need the date soon so I can make sure I'm around!

18. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

Yep, after the game on 9 December. We have a full PA system now at the club that was donated to the Trust, a few people have agreed to DJ so far, I need to sort times, rest of the gear yet etc defo would love you to do the auction / raffle

19. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

OK cool.

20. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

I'll have a chat with you Sat, thought be good to have a few people DJ and not one so everyone can enjoy the night ... especially as its an early start

21. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

If there's loads of people who want to DJ I'm happy to give it a miss.

I may be DJjng somewhere else that night anyway given it's the ho ho ho season.

22. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

clog likes this.
  23. Dulwich Mishi

The sooner our website moves away from Pitchero the better...watch this space, YTC has been working continuously on it since the summer... Will be much better when it's ready as our own website.

editor likes this.
  24. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I'd like to be included on any beta testing if possible please as I have just a little bit of experience in web design/usability etc.

pompeydunc likes this.
  25. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

Any news on you playing ... I did send you a PM!

26. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Standing under the small but effective scaffold covering at Merstham - while the rain fell
    you question how hard or expensive would it really be........................

dcdulwich, clog, JTee and 1 other person like this.
  27. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Still double checking the date, sorry but should be OK....

28. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

Cheers, just doing the poster. I'll add you and hopefully you'll be available. You can always play earlier and attend another gig if necessary

editor likes this.
  29. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I should be good to go!
    Either way it should be no problem to use my lovely PA and my CD decks. I'll need someone/some people to come over and give me a hand taking it to the venue and back though and they're quite beefy (see glimpse of one of the speakers below):

[​IMG]

Noss, Scolly and Al Crane like this.
  30. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

Now that the planning application has been pulled, then probably a bit easier to sort out if 100% fan/DHST/committee arranged. The suggestion was blocked previously by ground owners. Although, there are probably a few more pressing things to worry about...