1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by editor, May 2, 2014.

1. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

'Mini-riot'? Hmm....a bit of handbags, a punch or two..me thinks you've never been near a 'mini-riot' if that's your benchmark! ;)

2. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

I've consulted page 26, chapter 3, subsection 3.14 of the Handbags Almanac and it says that if an incident begins with a loon jumping on to the pitch to start proceedings, 22 players being involved and a punch or two being thrown it MUST be defined as a mini-riot. Don't shoot the messenger.

Also, you appeared in the Sky footage and looked supremely dashing.

3. Dulwich Mishi

I think it's a lot less for a riot, never mind a mini-riot. One thing I do know...a riot is NOT a few middle class Football Factory wannabee types throwing plastic chairs at a World Cup or European Championships finals...don't think they'll be so 'brave' once we qualify for Russia! ;)

Could've been worse...I might have been a pin-up boy or girl in the wonderful Evening Standard ;)

StephenMac likes this.
  4. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

#riot

Attached Files:

5. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

I seem to remember that only three people are needed for an action to be declared as a riot - let alone a mini-riot. It might be five - I’m sure it's an odd number though.

Just looked it up - 12 apparently.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  6. Lambert Simnel

Lambert Simnel Banned Banned

violent disorder otherwise

7. DonkeyAssessor

DonkeyAssessor Well-Known Member

IF not already noticed, be aware game v Harlow Town scheduled for tomorrow night (Tuesday 3rd) is POSTPONED due to their FA Cup replay commitments.

pompeydunc likes this.
  8. Dulwich Mishi

Indeed, it was posted on the official Club website on Saturday evening, and is a 'sticky' at the top of the 'news stories':

No Game This Tuesday (3rd October) - News - Dulwich Hamlet Football Club

9. DonkeyAssessor

DonkeyAssessor Well-Known Member

Which is why I started my post with the word IF

Thought it was worth highlighting on here as well, if it saves anybody a wasted journey.

Dulwich Mishi and pompeydunc like this.
  10. Dulwich Mishi

Which is why my post never actually criticised yours, it was merely pointing out that it was highlighted elsewhere as well, which will hopefully save some a wasted journey, if they don't look on here.

11. dcdulwich

Anyone feeling sorry for a certain club at the lower end of our division who lost 7-0 last night at home to Staines? 25 goals conceded in 10 games.

12. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

Nope

13. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

They're so lucky it's only one to go down this season.

14. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Surely someone is going to post up a screengrab of that Tooting result? :D

15. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

I tried to, but hit the image size limit.. :p

Lucy Fur likes this.
  16. dcdulwich

Well... Worthing got their second point of the season last night and would have gone above T&M if Leatherhead hadn’t managed a 92nd minute equaliser.

They play each other on Saturday at Imperial Fields. Classic ‘six pointer’.

17. Dulwich Mishi

The difference between the two is...Worthing will return home in the near future, so their revenue streams will return, so they should be able to improve their squad...

18. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

It's been obvious ever since we came up with Maidstone that the gap between Premier and D1S/N is widening a lot of the promoted sides have racked up 100 points and/or goals, then struggled at the higher level. I think the highest finish by a newly promoted side since us is Harlow's tenth place last season. I remember reading the Sudbury manager's notes in the programme when we went there on the opening day of last season. He confidently stated that they were good enough to hold their own and he expected to finish in the top half. They went back down. Tooting needed to strngthen ther squad after promotion, but their manager seems to have kept faith in an almost unchanged side. Maybe they just can't afford to make major changes?

I don't think the reorganisation of the leagues at the end of this season - creating a fourth league/division at our level - is going to help. It will dilute the quality with the best sides being scattered amongst four divisions instead of three, and another raft of small clubs will be promoted above their natural level to make up the numbers. We'll end up with more clubs like Thamesmead, VCD, Witham, Brentwood, Peacehaven having the odd season or two of struggling, then going back down again.

jnrknight, Noss, editor and 1 other person like this.
  19. Dulwich Mishi

The only 'plus side' is that the divisions will go back to a more sensible 22 per division.

Personally I think there should, in an ideal world, be a scrapping of National League National, which should merge north and south with League Two; and three geographical divisions below those, north, south and midland. Can't to bothered to work out permutations below that. This isn't the Kempster board after all! ;)

Pink Panther and editor like this.
  20. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

editor, YTC and Pink Panther like this.
  21. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Their correspondent was in the press box for the first half, then presumably went wandering around the ground during the second half. He looked quite young and is probably fairly typical of many of the people now paying to watch us in large numbers.

22. Dulwich Mishi

That has some sort of block/paywall/whatever it's called on it..the full piece is typed up here:

The Journeyman was here on Saturday - News - Dulwich Hamlet Football Club

Lucy Fur and YTC like this.
  23. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Looks like Streatham Rovers could find the perfect new sponsor in this 'Quick Evictions' bloke

Meet Apprentice candidate Elliot Van Emden: the "Tory Boy" who worked for David Cameron

24. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

512F763E-CC8F-4FBD-ABA8-C8579903E6E9.jpeg 81F12A05-1B50-4AE3-83A2-507C6428378E.jpeg F2182C88-9812-424E-ABA6-77A50B041D1E.jpeg 81F12A05-1B50-4AE3-83A2-507C6428378E.jpeg F2182C88-9812-424E-ABA6-77A50B041D1E.jpeg 81F12A05-1B50-4AE3-83A2-507C6428378E.jpeg 719431B8-504D-44F1-96CF-71F96423E46A.jpeg 512F763E-CC8F-4FBD-ABA8-C8579903E6E9.jpeg The late 80’s photos I remember taking have turned up!

Attached Files:

25. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Look at that big lovely stand!

PartisanDulwich likes this.
  26. PartisanDulwich

we could fill it now #again

27. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Imagine the noise we'd make! And we'd even be able to see the game.

PartisanDulwich likes this.
  28. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Didn't that stand hold 3000?

29. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

None of me. Typical.

30. PartisanDulwich

it felt like a cathedral - so quiet, so dark , roof so high, pigeons made the most noise