1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by editor, May 2, 2014.

1. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

It does, even though it seems it should only reflect on Meadow and their cowardly gimp of a club general manager.

clog, darryl, editor and 1 other person like this.
  2. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

I'm boycotting the bar!

3. StephenMac

Could be a way forward but i'd be keen on doing something that would hurt Meadow and not the actual club. i.e. if there is a bar boycott will reduced revenue lead to (another) playing budget cut?

4. YTC

YTC Human Man

Let Chris know, you've got his email!

5. darryl

darryl this wasn't supposed to happen

Last time I had a drink in the bar, a bouncer was hassling us to leave for the crime of being there at a minute past seven o'clock, so I'm not really inclined to put anything more in their tills anyway.

Pink Panther, Noss and StephenMac like this.
  6. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Meadows don't own the club, they are facilitators for the ground & associated companies.

7. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

So who owns the club?

darryl, editor and StephenMac like this.
  8. Latahs

Latahs Well-Known Member

DHFC Ltd, but there's an umbrella of companies and stakeholders

9. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

10. StephenMac

So Meadow doesn't have a continuation of the deal that Hadleys had with (presumably) Nick McCormack to buy out Dulwich Hamlet Football Club Ltd in the event of planning permission being granted, mentioned in this article?

I get that it is all deliberately murky but I think it would be a positive to know who the increasing ire should be aimed at. It would be good to know who the actual organ grinder is to Chris's bullshitting monkey.

11. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

12. StephenMac

But he had agreed to sell to Hadleys in the event of planning permission being granted (it would seem), so i'm wondering if it's the same deal with Meadow. And if that's the case, is Meadow trying to suck every last penny out of the club's operation for him as part of that agreement?

darryl and YTC like this.
  13. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

So who the heck is Nicholas David Mccormack and what else does he own?

14. Dulwich Mishi

Um, Nick McCormack..in effect the 'previous owner', who still retains control, with the agreement of Meadows...

YTC likes this.
  15. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

There is an updated MOU signed by Meadow, with the same commitment. It's just an MOU mind... No legal obligations.

All bar takings go to Healey Developments. If you pay by card, then you'll see that on the receipt.

This account is pretty much balanced (I think), going by the filing in July. There are no details on what the assets and liabilities are.

See HEALEY DEVELOPMENT SOLUTIONS LIMITED - Filing history (free information from Companies House)

I understand all costs associated with running clubhouse are paid by this account.

The club account continues to run up debts.

Meadow's PR continues to be non-existent. They are doing an amazing job of trying their best to take 97% support for their plans and shitting all over it. No idea why a monthly update on plans and club operations is not possible...or even every two months? A bit of transparency and honesty can work wonders.

Who can know for sure, but money at the bar pays for clubhouse running costs, so not using the bar could have implications for club. Oh actually, there are people know for sure. It's Meadow. Care to comment / update fans on ANYTHING?

The comment about having a charity game forced upon them is beneath contempt, and just highlights what they are really about.

16. darryl

The latest accounts for Dulwich Hamlet Football Club Ltd, posted on 29 June, show (if I can read these right) debts at £442,000, up from £396,000 the previous year. I presume that the increased debt is due to Meadow or a subsidiary?

DULWICH HAMLET FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED - Filing history (free information from Companies House)

I believe the last "update" from Meadow/Healey/Greendale was in December: Statement from Meadow Residential regarding the current position with regard to the planning proposals at Dulwich Hamlet Football Club and the variation of Section 106 agreement - News - Dulwich Hamlet Football Club

17. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

To remind people we (the Trust) have an open dialogue with Meadow so if fans want us to ask questions on their behalf then we're happy to help. info@dhst.org.uk

18. darryl

Dulwich Mishi and StephenMac like this.
  19. StephenMac

Thanks Dunc, that's interesting.

20. darryl

StephenMac likes this.
  21. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

There was a question at the AGM as to whether the Trust could publish the research, that was referred to in the Q&A, on the web of companies that make up DHFC and associated businesses.

It was suggested at the time that DHST would check with Meadow, out of courtesy, whether this would be ok. Has this happened?

You could also perhaps ask that how much they value maintaining support of fans for the redevelopment? If it's still important, why is communication on operations at the club or on the development only done through the media and not direct or regular?

Given that the appeal is only there months away, what more (if anything) can fans do to support the redevelopment (if they so wish)?

If the appeal is won, how do they envisage the transition to fan ownership, based on the CBS model, will take place as per the MOU?

If the appeal is lost and given the growing debts, how does Meadow intend to live up to their promise in paragraph 9 of the MOU to secure fan ownership and financial sustainability of DHFC in East Dulwich regardless of the outcome of the appeal?

www.dhst.org.uk/revised-mou-signed-with-meadow/

jnrknight, editor and darryl like this.
  22. DHST

DHST Active Member

Noted.

Keep them coming

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  23. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

FA Cup under 18
    Dulwich Hamlet out - 1-0 up for 90 mins but lose 3-2 to Carlshalton Athletic

Absolutely fantastic save by Hamlet U18 goalkeeper Dan Abbott
    also nearly saved the penalty in 90th min

we missed loads of chances

unlucky to lose

24. YTC

YTC Human Man

25. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

26. Dulwich Mishi

27. StephenMac

Quite a big bit in episode 2 of Sky's The Next Jamie Vardy on Nathan Green. Good interview and a fair bit of match day action from Royston at home last season. Lots of shots of people from on here and some of the mini-riot on the pitch in the second half.

Little bit of Ethan action for England C too.

clog likes this.
  28. EDC

Did I make it to TV?

29. StephenMac

Think you did. Probably.

30. EDC

Cool

YTC and Cyclodunc like this.