1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by editor, May 2, 2014.

1. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

We're not supposed to use real names here, so I'm sure Fingers will PM you.

Lucy Fur, Fingers and Cyclodunc like this.
  3. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Don't tell him Pike.

sleaterkinney, GregDHFC, clog and 7 others like this.
  4. PhilDHFC

PhilDHFC Member

I'm really sorry to hear this Mark. I don't know you personally, but I used to keep a lookout for Doris and say hello to her in the bar. Only saw you both in there a few weeks ago and Doris looked in fine fettle.

Awful news but if it's possible for any remotely good news to come out of this, it is the fact she was much loved and looked after by yourself and she had many friends at Hamlet also.

RiP Doris.

Taper likes this.
  5. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Thanks to the Editor (Urban75 and Brixton Buzz) Dulwich Hamlet has a huge social media presence in addition we have Forward the Hamlet, The Moral Victory facebook account, twitter accounts and of course official club social media.

I really dont know the practicalities, but hope we are looking to build on what we have for the forth coming season

Any chance that DHFCTV audio commentary could be streamed out live ?

A weekly news podcast say just 10 - 15 minute round up

Also think it would be helpful if we could have some team and player photos, I know many struggle to identify players
    (maybe even old style player cards (Soccer stars)

As usual great with the ideas, less idea how we could practically bring about (and certainly have few skills - beyond maybe helping get players cards made

Last edited: May 21, 2017 at 3:04 PM
    dcdulwich likes this.
  6. PartisanDulwich

Posted on Twitter Dulwich Hamlet under 11's

7. Griff_Turnstile

Griff_Turnstile Agenda confused turnstile operator

The aim is to a proper shirt launch done this season as when Late Knights were introduced a couple of years ago. Player headshots are always a frustration to me as it requires a lot of coordination between individuals to get this done but others do it so why shouldn't we?

8. baleboy_93

baleboy_93 Member

The audio commentary is realistically not going to happen in the near future, we have a long list of improvements elsewhere to do before we will be in a position to provide that, but we will be looking to organise getting the squad together in pre-season for graphics purposes so sure photos could be done too

PartisanDulwich likes this.
  9. NPDHFC

NPDHFC In daß Haus

Can we have the little Sky Sports style video intros like Tonbridge do, with the players making a little wing sign with their hands?

Bugpowder Dust, clog and baleboy_93 like this.
  10. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

Re the "getting to know the players" bit... Could we create a Top Trumps deck? Categories like Hamlet appearances, Hamlet goals, career appearances and goals, highest level played at, number of clubs played for etc...

11. crocustim

crocustim Well-Known Member

Only if you have a category for swaggering

Nivag and scousedom like this.
  12. iamwithnail

iamwithnail Well-Known Member

That'd be a really great way to focus the kids that we bring in on the days that the schools get tickets, actually, mine would love that - swap cards or top trumps!

13. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

I am sure if someone had the designs, got them printed up and so on...it might be considered. But all of this costs money & time to produce...

YTC likes this.
  14. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

I am presuming this is Dulwich Hamlet Junior Football Club, judging by the kit, rather than the teams that are linked to the Senior Club, which come under the wing of ASPIRE?

15. YTC

YTC Human Man

Loving the ideas on what we can do here, but they must be tempered by the fact it all costs money, and more importantly time that everyone gives up in their spare time to make things happen. I would encourage anyone that wants to give some of that free time up to get creative and get stuck in!

16. YTC

YTC Human Man

Is that not the DH badge they have on their kit?

17. Griff_Turnstile

It's a long story....

YTC likes this.
  18. Griff_Turnstile

Maybe could produce something using the caricatures from the Dulwich Diverter to introduce newer supporters to some of the great legends of Hamlet history? Kail, Lillington, Murphy, Jover, Pudney and many more...

dcdulwich and iamwithnail like this.
  19. PartisanDulwich

I reckon a pack of trump style cards would cost £3 a time
    could work up some sponsorship etc (I would happily try to secure this)

its the design and info of the cards (calling our artistics & photo collective - not to mention player stats people)
    would we go for photos or drawing and what info

also I take it we wont know to the last minute who's in the line up

also happy to get colour A4 posters printed on a photocopier
    but we could get some glossy ones done cheaply

trump cards dulwich hamlet age3.jpg

Last edited: May 22, 2017 at 5:34 PM
  20. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

Could do half Legends and half current? 16-20 of each perhaps? Wait until late October until our squad is more settled, and get them made in time for Xmas?

21. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Should include:

Post match drink
    Number of foul throws taken
    Number of times they shout "FUCK OFF" per match
    Finishing move
    Aerial dog-fight stats

22. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

I've heard the kids love yo-yos.

Poids, darryl, jnrknight and 4 others like this.
  23. darryl

darryl this wasn't supposed to happen

and pink and blue fidget spinners.

clog and iamwithnail like this.
  24. clog

clog have that you c

this needs to happen