1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by editor, May 2, 2014.

1. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

I'm so sorry to hear that that. As a dog owner was it a long term result of the Peckham Rye anti freeze or whatever it was ingestion? She'll be sadly missed.

Blitzwalker and Taper like this.
  2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Really sorry to hear this. Champion Hill won't be the same without Doris :(

3. chris gil

chris gil making football club owners cry since 1893

really sorry to hear that , lovely pooch Doris

4. Taper

Taper Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone. Means a lot. The finest dog I've ever owned. Bad to the bone, but lovely.

Don't know what did for her. Vet thinks she has some sort of auto-immune problem, which ramped up in the last few days. She didn't suffer, which is a blessing.

5. Griff_Turnstile

Griff_Turnstile Agenda confused turnstile operator

Be great but would need some disclaimer that the views of posters do not reflect those of the club as some of the comments here might not be looked too kindly upon by the Isthmian League

6. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

What have those old spunkers got to do with it?

Cyclodunc and editor like this.
  7. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

Mark, I'm so sorry mate. Terrible news. She was a lovely lady and very much part of the scene at Champion Hill. She'll be sadly missed.

Taper likes this.
  8. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Just add the words "unofficial forum" like other clubs do.

Jamie Wyatt likes this.
  9. Noss

Noss Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry Mark. She was much loved. Take care mate

Attached Files:

10. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

I'll never forget the night she unpeeled and ate a banana, completely unassisted. Wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it myself!

Effra Eyes, YTC and Cyclodunc like this.
  11. Taper

Taper Well-Known Member

She was a talented dog alright. If we get a new stadium, we should name a bin or the burger bar after her!

12. AveryDave

AveryDave Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear this - I've never spoken to you, but seen you with Doris, and she was excellent.

13. darryl

darryl this wasn't supposed to happen

Really sorry to hear this, and hope you and yours are okay. Doris was a lovely dog, and seeing her was always a highlight of coming to a match.

14. Taper

Taper Well-Known Member

She was a bloody hex though. I didn't bring her to the Enfield play-off and we pissed that.

Cyclodunc and Blitzwalker like this.
  15. clog

clog have that you c

Oh no! So sorry to hear this. Thoughts with you.

Taper and Blitzwalker like this.
  16. vicarofsibley

vicarofsibley 80087355

Fucking hell. Sorry man.

Taper likes this.
  17. Effra Eyes

Effra Eyes Active Member

Really upsetting news, so sorry to hear that. You and Doris were the first people I spoke to the very first time I came to Champion Hill, it won't be the same without her.

18. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

19. YTC

YTC Human Man

20. Taper

Taper Well-Known Member

I'm very moved by all of this. To tears. Literally!

I remember going to the Enfield play off recently. It was after work, so I didn't take Doris. And the all the fans who half know me looked briefly at me, then down at my feet, and on seeing she wasn't there moved on disappointed!

People loved her. I certainly did. And she sparked so many conversations for me with people around the ground. I made some really good Hamlet friends as a result (including with Editor); which have endured and which I treasure greatly.

I can't remember her first game. End of the 2012/13 season I think when she'd yet to turn 1. The ground will be a little emptier without her.

Thimble Queen, clog, Lucy Fur and 7 others like this.
  21. Griff_Turnstile

Start getting into that wonderful grey area of "disrepute". Sure at least one club has found itself in that situation in the past where comments on a linked unofficial forum were taken to be endorsed by the club as no disclaimer was included. May well have been Kingstonian.

StephenMac likes this.
  22. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I really can't see what possible comeback there can be when you're linking to such a popular forum with the caveat 'unofficial' and perhaps 'does not represent the views of the club' in bold text.

Things may get a tad heated here at times, but I've read far far worse on many other club sites and I'm struggling to think of many posts that might cause offence out of the thousands that have been posted.

In fact, I think Hamlet should be proud to have what has to be one of the very busiest non league forums in the UK - even more so because there's no shitty ads plastered all over the place.

I may be biased but I think these boards are a bloody great advert for the club and they've proved useful in attracting new fans too. Read some of the other forums from our division and they're a dour as fuck, with barely any posts at all.

GregDHFC likes this.
  23. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

Agree with Mike here. As long as it is named as unofficial. The Trust have a link and it has not caused us any problems

editor likes this.
  24. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

RIP Doris.

Taper likes this.
  25. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about Doris. RIP

26. Griff_Turnstile

The last time I checked I don't believe the Trust was subject to the Isthmian League rules as the club's official website is..

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  27. Griff_Turnstile

I don't argue any of those points but need to tread carefully. Say for example references to the League President as Alan Cockpiss Turvey might be frowned upon?

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  28. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

No libel. He's dead on the inside.

Cyclodunc and EDC like this.
  29. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Ks and others.

30. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

You'd hear far worse on the terraces and they'd be made to look fucking ridiculous if they started whining about a jokey forum post.

So long as it's made clear that the club does not endorse any comments on the site (and all comments are within the law, which our rules already ensure) then it's none of their fucking business what fans chose to say about them or their obscure competitions.